Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New to the 1/5 scale RC world

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 08:44 AM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to the 1/5 scale RC world

Sounds great!!
Thats a grunt filled choice of a motor..
The 813 carb might be a bit tricky at first, It has no choke and some folks have a hard time starting with it.
And some folks flood alot with it.
I like mine alot and have grown to use it with no problems.
Cant wait to see the new body.
More snow for me today and soon changing to rain.. YA!!!! A foot of snow and the rain.. cant wait.
Have fun and merry Christmas to you and everyone..
Chuck.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:04 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Teamchrome:...I have used the 813 carb on the Cy29CC engine already..Took care of the low end bogging...Never had a problem
with flooding it yet......No RC stuff for christmas..Got a nice peacan pie and new coffee cup....Things are tight for christmas...
I will have use of a air compressor this next week.....so things are looking good for the firehammer project.........
I am waiting to hear from O Neil Brothers as to top end work for my firehammer.....Look's like monday before I hear any thing on that.....
Still figuring out the colours for the beetle Pro Body...looking it them in different ways for what would look best.....
..............All Replies Welcome..AKASlawhammer
Old 12-25-2008, 05:06 PM
teamchrome

Hey Roger.. Instead of alot of paint work check into getting this stuff from DDM or Tower hobbies .
I want to try it myself someday.

http://www.xxxmain.com/glue.shtml
Old 12-25-2008, 05:40 PM
slawhammer

Teamchrome: Hey my friend I have seen some bodys with pictures..some look real cool....I have not tried that yet myself....
Later on this next year I plan on another Beetle Pro Body..so I just might give that a try with a picture....The firehammer right now is
devoted to the beetle look....All the structure and duel roll cage is for the beetle pro shell.......Little did I know there was a roll cage system...
Marder conversion kit for monster beetle.......found out to late on that........So if want I to go back to orig firehammer body..truck style or
buggy.. I would have to redo it back to the orig roll call bar and support....Like $20 buxs to go back.......Like I mentioned I made a super support system
It is about ready too be unvailed for you to look at......along with the painted beetle Pro Shell......
.................................All Replies Welcome..........AKASlawhammer
Old 12-25-2008, 06:51 PM
slawhammer

Ok are you having problems installing your red 8K clutch spring?..I ran across this video in another forum..
I have used this method before I found this vedio....So enjoy this and hope this helps ya out....http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=MOV00780.flv
............All replies Welcome....AKASlawhammer
Old 12-26-2008, 01:22 PM
slawhammer

Well christmas is over...No air compressor....I knew things were tight this year...But the pie was good....The boy's deep fried chicken fingers...
I made a couple phone calls This morning..Have new air compressor on the way..Had it expressed shipped..So will see how long that takes..
Should be here the lastest is monday....Looking forward to the new look for the firehammer.......Not much going on today here..40* degrees out with rain...
better than snow,,...No shovel work involved....I will be posting pictures soon....All Replies Welcome..AKASlawhammer

Old 12-28-2008, 05:26 AM
slawhammer

Another day here in clod hopper land.....65*degrees out and rain.....Never seen that before here Dec 28th in Ohio....
I should have the air compressor some time Monday..I have been tracking the movement on that....
I got the rear wing all done for the firehammer........I can't get any pictures at the moment ..my son's left for a 4 day holiday..they got the camera
so won't be back till tonight or in the morning.....So I might as well wait now..Cuz won't be long and I will have the Beetle Pro
body all painted up.......Yup getting close to the new year...So that will be a great time to unvail the new firehammer look.....
Now I have been thinking of going with slicks for tires..to use on asphalt ....Rear axle adapter...for maybe Baja wheels and tire...
Pretty good selection of stuff....Not the greastest but way better than stock wheels and tires......
............All Replies Welcome........................AKASlawhammer...... .............
Old 12-28-2008, 10:34 AM
speedy.d

indiana weather has also had me chomping at the bit too. i got a little too anxios and tried running yesterday and fried some of my radio gear. learn from my mistake? no im getting ready to go out again today!
Old 12-28-2008, 10:47 AM
teamchrome

Too much snow.. Now to much rain !!!!
So im inside flying around in my new Eflight blade MCX.. My birth day is in January but the wife got me one early.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:00 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: teamchrome

Too much snow.. Now to much rain !!!!
So im inside flying around in my new Eflight blade MCX.. My birth day is in January but the wife got me one early.

we have snow coming out of our ears here is some pics I took the other day, the front yard, and the back yard

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98070.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1098043   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75762.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1098044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30420.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1098045   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo37948.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1098046  
Old 12-28-2008, 01:18 PM
slawhammer

Speedy.d:....I have ran my nitro's in bad weather before..but I preped them ..using ballons over the servo's and radio box to keep any
water to almost nothing...More cleanup mess when done playing....
As to the weather I have been following the Tri state area You get about what I get here in Ohio.....

Teamchrome:Pictures of the e-flight....Never had a heli before....Sounds like fun....

hndaman1: yup I know where you live..I lived in HayWard Rhineland area for 20 years..then moved to south west corner of state
to LaCrosse for a few more years....I do not miss the deep snow or cold weather....A fellow I worked with moved to Ohio few years back..
Out of the blue I get a phone call ..was asked to move to Ohio and work for him....I have been here in Ohio for about 8 years now....
About time to move again only south west...Ariz..maybe.....Nice to hear from you guys and about your weather conditions......Think we should have all
gotten a air boat...to play with for the bad weather conditions.....AKASlawhammer....
Old 12-28-2008, 10:48 PM
teamchrome

Nice snow!!
I saw your in the new Car Action mag.. Again.
Ill take some pics of the new heli when the camera comes back home.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:52 PM
teamchrome

Our snow is all gone now, just rain.
I like the snow just hate the ice under it.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:30 PM
slawhammer

Teamchrome: Nice view of the home front you have there.....Sunny day today but cold out...No snow..just rain.. will freeze later today...
around 30/32* degree's out now ..like that winter mix..sleet slush crap.....Been on the look out for that brown truck..UPS.. to show up today....
Been tracking the mini air brush compressor...says it left the Drop off terminal this morning for here......There about 50 miles away...Depends on how they
have the delivery route set up as to when the package will be delivered......

Looks like I will be getting ready to paint that beetle Pro shell ..Or get a start on it later tonight or in the morning....Was hoping to get some pictures taken
today as well...But the boy's are not back yet...Knowing them they will show up after dark today...

..........All Replies Welcome...AKASlawhammer....
Old 12-29-2008, 02:29 PM
teamchrome

Its small... Its tiny.. But its alot of fun!!!!!!!
I made some sixe comparisons with the MCX.
1/18 scale Mamba brushless(very fast) RC18b
Firehammer front tire.
1/4 scale steering servo and a TGN Redneck pre-filter.
You gotta get one of these, its a great indoor and small space heli for anyone.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:17 PM
slawhammer

Teamchrome;;..Now that's a cool little heli.....I never got into those..maga bucks years back and spendy to repair...
even some of these new micro heil's are pricey...But like any hobby.....I will have to give that some thought....
Maybe under 200 buxs............For now My firehammer has taken a big bite out the the credit cards.....Always wanting to make better...
Thanks for sharing............All Replies Welcome.......AKASlawhammer
Old 12-29-2008, 03:45 PM
teamchrome

$129 RTR
Charges off of 4 AA batts.
All included.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:51 PM
slawhammer

Teamchrome:: Nice price for the Heli....If your feeling good you can send me one...Just like yours....they will be brother and sister heli's
I got the mini airbrush compressor..this afternoon.....Was going to take a picture..but not camera to use......The boys have both camera's
mine and there mom's..........Told the miss's I know what those boys are getting...each there own camera....Birthday's coming up.....
simple oil less diaphram compressor..max PSI is 60# so I can do a lot of different things......Yeah already the miss's says now you can done
my finger nails....And I have some garden troll's to be repainted......Now I just might do 1 of those garden troll's... I have a new micro
air brush for fine detail to try out and make adjustments ...before I do the firehammer beetle pro shell....
I am sure most of you know what a mini air compressor look's like....about the size of a empty milk container..tad smaller...........
I will see if I can post a couple pictures in the morning...........All Replies Welcome..........AKASlawhammer...........
Old 12-30-2008, 07:46 AM
slawhammer

Well another day here in clod hopper land.....forecast is 40* degrees and sunny for the day..turning too lite snow....
As I said I would post a picture of the mini air compressor..The boys got in about midnight............
So I have to decide what todo now....get it checked out..the compressor and the new micro air brush.....
Looks like the garden troll will be done before the beetle pro body......All replies welcome.....AKASlawhammer

Name:	Hf10043.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	1099452  
Old 12-30-2008, 08:57 AM
hellya

hey teamchrome you must be in the lower elevations of wa

Hey handyman....Wow I havent seen snow like that since I lived in Colorado[X(]

I like those hand size indoor remote helis from air hog..... $25 ya cant go wrong

have you guys seen air hog's new micro remote control cars... you can drive on the floor, cellings and walls (has to be a flat surface) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw4qYG7Tsw

Name:	Ay75365.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1099484  
Old 12-30-2008, 10:31 AM
teamchrome

East hill in Kent just above the Valley freeway 167.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:38 PM
slawhammer

Hellya & Teamchrome..Many years ago I lived in Beremerton,WA......Now that's a neat car to run on the wall....That air hog ..for 25 buxs I'll take 1....
Hey teamchrome I seen and flew that e-flight today like you got..Asking price NIB is $104.99.....That will have to wait...Birthday ..coming up..But
I don't think any one will get me a heli......For me now as age goes on..saver to stay on the ground.......I flu planes for over 50 years.....
so now I guess you could say ..grounded....he he he... Thanks for sharing.......All Replies Welcome...AKASlawhammer
Old 12-31-2008, 07:07 PM
slawhammer

Another day here in clod hopper land...Dam cold 20* degrees with 40 too 50 MPH wind .......I was going to check out the micro air brush I had sitting NIB
for better that a year now..The oldest son asked what I was going to do...When I told him ..He said wait don't run any paint in that air brush...
I want it for my cake decorating.....for small detail work..it has a small needle ..which I need...I said fine you give me what the air brush cost and it's yours.....
...Now ya know Why I have 2 or 3 different air brush's....with different needles for different type of detail work.......I have another air brush That I use anyway....
I just wanted to check out the micro air brush for doing the garden troll's...Super fine detail down to 1/32" for fine line .......My Favorite air brush's are IWANA

So I did manage to get the mini air compressor set up and working with my other air brush......Started on 1 of the miss's garden troll's...That way will give me
some time to get back into the swing of air brushing again........Like riding a bicycle... ya never forget....I like the Fastcolor or Acrylic Paint to work with water base
easy to use and easy clean up....So in a couple days I will get started on the beetle pro body..I don't want to screw that up..big bucks for the shell....
......................All Replies Welcome............AKASlawhammer.................. ................
Old 01-01-2009, 03:14 PM
dbcooper
My Feedback: (1)

Gentlemen, I just spent two days off and on reading this entire thread! What a great bunch of information. Slawhammer, your project is awsome! I've just bought my sons a couple of Firehammer MTs from Tower for Christmas. Couldn't pass up the price and free shipping. I have some questions, but will post another thread so as to not throw this one off topic. Thanks again for a great read. This is my first run with gas cars and I'd have to say this thread is a must read for new Firehammer owners.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:33 PM
slawhammer

dbcooper: I started out just like you a few months ago... guess about 8 now..I have had some awesome help along the way from
other RCU members for my project ..as well as my own ideas and mods....I am glad you can use the information for your firehammer....
If you have questions feel free to ask.....Now Hellya is the guru of the firehammer as many other 1/5 scale units..........I will try to answer your
questions the best I can..or get you the correct information.....All Replies Welcome......AKASlawhammer......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.