Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Confession time!! MCD question...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Confession time!! MCD question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Confession time!! MCD question...

I must confess, I haven't even been in my workshop for over 5 months. I have one MCD Rally I've never run, and another one in a thousand pieces... and there's the problem. I can't remember how to reassemble it. I'm sure I could do it by trial and error, but as we all know, the order in which you do everything is important, and I personally find it sickeningly frustrating to realise I missed something out and have to undo everything I've done...

So... anybody got any suggestions for a good blow up diagram or even better some assembly instructions (cough, yeh right!) that might help me out with the reassembly?

I'm getting ready for summer RCing again, and hopefully at least one of my MCD drifters will finally take shape. Lots more videos from me soonish, as well as a review of the Thunderbolt 2!!

I've got a nearly new 1/8th mugen prospec truggy I haven't touched yet either, which I bought last year. Might be time for an RC sale soon.

EDIT: I just had a look at the spare parts list I have for the car (from MCDs site), and it has 'some' stuff, but a proper blow up diagram would be more helpful.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:34 AM
elven wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Confession time!! MCD question...

I wished you lived by me I would put that together for you so you could run it foxy.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Foxy

lol. Thanks for the offer, but like you, wrenching is one of my favourite parts of the hobby. RE-wrenching on the same parts over and over though, is something I want to do as little as possible.

I'm sure it will all come back to me as I start to assemble it, and maybe I won't have any trouble at all, but I'm still looking for a blow up diagram to make my life easier. Hell, after 22 years in the hobby, I'm not gonna be beaten by one model, don't worry!!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:57 AM
LSALLOY
My Feedback: (1)

Not sure where there are blow-ups or manuals.

I would recommend building it from front to center, then rear to center. The engine would be the final link before the roll cage.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Foxy

Thanks for the tip, much appreciated, that'll do for a starting point.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:41 AM
elven wizard

One tip is Foxy be sure that the right socket head screws @ tapping screws go in the right parts of the Mcd. A manual or if you can model it from a mcd that's already together. This will help you.[8D]
Old 03-09-2009, 03:51 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I must confess, I haven't even been in my workshop for over 5 months. I have one MCD Rally I've never run, and another one in a thousand pieces... and there's the problem. I can't remember how to reassemble it. I'm sure I could do it by trial and error, but as we all know, the order in which you do everything is important, and I personally find it sickeningly frustrating to realise I missed something out and have to undo everything I've done...

So... anybody got any suggestions for a good blow up diagram or even better some assembly instructions (cough, yeh right!) that might help me out with the reassembly?

I'm getting ready for summer RCing again, and hopefully at least one of my MCD drifters will finally take shape. Lots more videos from me soonish, as well as a review of the Thunderbolt 2!!

I've got a nearly new 1/8th mugen prospec truggy I haven't touched yet either, which I bought last year. Might be time for an RC sale soon.

EDIT: I just had a look at the spare parts list I have for the car (from MCDs site), and it has 'some' stuff, but a proper blow up diagram would be more helpful.

I would contact MCD and see if they have anything they can e-mail you. Certainly they have a diagram of sorts.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Gasboatman

Hey Foxy The mcd parts catalog has lots of pic's You can download here http://www.pro5thscale.com/online_catalogs
Old 03-09-2009, 04:20 PM
rc-martin

If it's the older proline type car and not the newer evo version then this older catalog has some good exploded views

[link]http://www.kingcobra.co.uk/catalogues/MCD_Catalogue_2007.pdf[/link]
Old 03-09-2009, 04:30 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're not alone Foxy, I own quite a few cars, trucks, planes, boats etc that I've never ran
Old 03-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Foxy

Thanks guys, I have that parts catalog, and while helpful, it's not THAT helpful. Thanks anyway, I guess I'll just take my chances, I think I'll be fine, but I like to have something in front of me to refer to, it reassures me.

Sheo, yeh, I know what you mean, I keep doing the same thing on around a 3 year cycle. Buy lots of RCs over three years, suddenly realise I'm not using any of them, sell or trade a few, and start the process again.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:23 PM
clubin

ORIGINAL: csp1971

I would contact MCD and see if they have anything they can e-mail you. Certainly they have a diagram of sorts.

^^ That's funny^^ you obviously have not ever tried to contact them, it is not possible.

Foxy if you tell me what you want some picture's of I can post some for you.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Foxy

Thanks for the offer man, I may take you up on that. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 03-09-2009, 08:18 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: clubin

ORIGINAL: csp1971

^^ That's funny^^ you obviously have not ever tried to contact them, it is not possible.

Foxy if you tell me what you want some picture's of I can post some for you.

That sucks for as much as they want for those things.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:44 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's somewhat true though, MCD is impossible to get in touch with. If you want info you need to talk to a dealer, forget the manufacturer.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:47 AM
da mad maori

a small swig of whisky will put everything into perspective

lol just one hint... make sure you install the fuel tank before the rear shaft
Old 03-10-2009, 03:52 AM
Mudgy

use the Force, man
Old 03-10-2009, 05:00 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: Mudgy

use the Force, man
I'm gonna have to.

Don't worry, a high midiclorian count is a moderator requirement here.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:12 PM
FS*MT*4WD

check the link in my sig, that should help you along
Old 03-13-2009, 02:47 AM
Foxy

Indeed, some of that might be useful, thanks.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:12 AM
SF-Garfield

maybe this will get you the idea?
http://www.rc-xtreme.de/mcd/anleitungen.htm
it is from the very first model, but most parts haven't changed that much (black line)
Old 03-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Foxy

Thanks Garfield, looks like between all these tidbits, I'll soon be able to write a manual! Maybe I should?