Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Post your gas tanks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Freezetron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post your gas tanks!

Sup all, here's something different for a pic request. Post up what you use to fill up your big, bad boys with! I found this one after checking several places around town. Perfect shape and size with nice locking trigger to prevent spills and bonus flexible tip to help reduce spillage. $8 at local Ace Hardware.

EDIT: I quickly realized I was gonna grow tired of the locking mechanism VERY quickly, so after few minutes with some pliers and scissors, I now have the best of both worlds. A nice auto closing valve without the annoying lock.

One new gas tank for Baja 5T: $8
Scissors and pliers used for modification: $20
Being able to pour gasoline with auto shut valve with no lock: Priceless

Old 03-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Post your gas tanks!

I use the standard filler neck from a 5 litre plastic jerry can, it only just fits in the fuel tank necks, and I piss fuel everywhere everytime I fill up. I don't care though. lol. I'm too lazy to even buy a funnel.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Fudge
My Feedback: (104)

I use a wal-mart can, the one that has the thing you push on to the lip of the tank, and it sops when it gets full!! I Love it!!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:39 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too lazy to go to the garage and take a picture of the actual one, but it's this:

http://innovativehobby.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=1241

I also have a couple general purpose ones with no spouts or pumps, mainly so I can keep different ratios mixed for cars and boats.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:25 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Very nice find there Sheo!

I personally use a tank just like Ice posted in his very first post, and yes, that stupid locking mechanism is annoying as all hell.
But seeing that DDM tank with hand crank pump has inspired me to mod my tank: I will het one of those batt powered fuel pumps like the plane & heli guys use and mod the cap and tank to fuel up my gassers with a push of a button!

I wonder if I can make it all fit under te budget of $50? If it works, I will post up my fuel tank with elec pump mod. If you dont see it, you will know my attempt was an abortive attempt and that the tank failed.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:54 PM
pilotjohn

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Very nice find there Sheo!

I personally use a tank just like Ice posted in his very first post, and yes, that stupid locking mechanism is annoying as all hell.
But seeing that DDM tank with hand crank pump has inspired me to mod my tank: I will het one of those batt powered fuel pumps like the plane & heli guys use and mod the cap and tank to fuel up my gassers with a push of a button!

I wonder if I can make it all fit under te budget of $50? If it works, I will post up my fuel tank with elec pump mod. If you dont see it, you will know my attempt was an abortive attempt and that the tank failed.
I would use a hand operated fuel pump. I never had good luck with the electric fuel pumps lasting a long time.
No battery to carry along also.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:26 AM
Mudgy

I stole a funnel from the missus' kitchen[&:]
I only have to pour in 3 oz at a time
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67515.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	1163079  
Old 03-22-2009, 09:37 PM
SAVAGEJIM

What the heck is this? How does it work?

That looks rather ingenius really, 3oz with every tip! That would make overfilling you tank a thing of the past! Moreover, getting the right oil to gasoline ratio correct every time!
Old 03-23-2009, 03:55 AM
Mudgy

That's the tank that lives IN my car....I just use a pyrex jug, and the (stolen from kitchen) funnel