Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

multiplex easy glider

Old 03-12-2009, 05:51 PM
snobelt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default multiplex easy glider

Have any of you put a 2.4 ghz radio in the Easy Glider? All info I find on the plane refers to the 72 Mhz radio with the long antenna routed through the fuselage. Is there enough room to place the two shorter antennas of the 2.4 Ghz receiver within the available space? The obvious problem is the required 90 degree orientation of the 2.4 antennas. I have asked HiTec/Multiplex and they say it should be possible but they have not tried it. Your thoughts?
Old 03-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Huntermd14

Default RE: multiplex easy glider

I put a ar6100 rx in mine with no problems at all. I have flown it high and low and everywhere inbetween and no signal problems at all. Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 03-14-2009, 09:56 AM
fast9

I have a newer airtronics 2.4 in mine and can fly it as far as you can see it with no problems. I didn't bother to run the antennas outside the the radio compartment either. Your model probably has a range check mode, use it to get some peace of mind before the first flight.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:44 PM
iflytailies
My Feedback: (82)

I fly my EZ with an AR500. There is enough space. The long antenna is routed towards the wing the short antenna is perpendicular and does not touch the fuselage side at all
Old 03-15-2009, 04:09 PM
snobelt

Sure glad I asked. Thanks much. BTW, how do you like the EZ? I've not yet flown a glider but don't want to start with rudder / elevator only. I have been flying RC sport planes for some time am comforable with alerons. I asked, on another thread, a similar question about the E-Flite Ascent and the moderator asked me "why this plane?" - it got me thinking so I've continued the search for the right plane. In the price range, this looks like it might be good starter. What say you?
Old 03-15-2009, 04:23 PM
iflytailies
My Feedback: (82)

In my opinion, the Easyglider is the best glider out there for low wind days and to have fun. It is not a competition plane. But it is a floater, you will only need medium CA to build it, if you ever have to fix it just use some more drops of CA. It has excellent flying characterisitics, you will have no problems. We fly it at a slope most of the time, but we also have aerotowed it with success:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMqdymoQoxg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGqLStTSaz8