Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Dragonfly V problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 03:32 PM
rcflash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragonfly V problems

[]I,m new to this site, and I am hoping someone might have some suggestions to help me with a problem(two, actually) I just purchased my Dragonfly V helicopter. I took it home, charged the battery as suggested by store(3hours didn't work, they suggested 6-8) The green light on the ac adapter was on when I started and the red light never did come on fully. When I turned on the helicopter, the red light flashed, and the controller throttle can only go to the halfway point before the power shuts off. I get no lift off[&o] Can anyone help? Maybe it is the battery, the adapter, or the controller? Thanks[8D] rcflash
Old 07-31-2005, 09:04 PM
imaginit

Default RE: Dragonfly V problems

if you have a multimeter...try to test it if it has an ouput...if you get a reading,,,check your connection with the battery ..you might have it loose connected...if you dont get a reading ...if you can open the charger, try get the output to the main board of the charger...if you get a reading maybe theres something wrong with your output wire ,,,test its continuity and replaced it or you can even cut it then resolder it to the main board ...if you dont get a reading ...just buy a new charger....
Old 08-17-2005, 11:26 PM
macsense
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Dragonfly V problems

Before switching on the heli power, make sure your throttle stick is on the lowest point, and when you switched-on the heli, try waiting for at least 15 seconds before flight. But the main culprit may well be the battery itself. Try discharging & charging it several times, then charge it up fully & fly. If problem persists, bring back the heli to where you bought it, get them to check.