Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

TRex Differences

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 12:57 AM
HermanRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRex Differences

I'm a sub-beginner; never flow a heli, but have experience with land based RC models. I'm interested in a electric heli; From my research a T-Rex seems like a good start that I will not outgrow. What are the differences between all the T-Rex models that I listed below and what are the + and - of each. Also, which radio selection would you recommend between the Airtronics RD8000 or HiTec Optic 6. Also, what frequency crystal should I select? These are packages geared towards beginners and they seem economical. If the prices are high, let me know where there are better!

Thanks in advance as I'm still researching what's the best purchase!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description 649.99

* New Align T-Rex 450X V2.5 with CF CCPM Main Frame
* With Aluminum CCPM swahplate
* a true CCPM direct servo link setup with no indirect linkages allowing for true servo hold and CCPM servo to swash setup.
* 11.1V LipoBatteries provided
* Everything Pre-built and assembled . NO NEED for assembly
* We're the ONLY seller to provide a READY-TO-FLY Package for Zoom 400 v2
* Seperated Gyro, Receiver and Speed Mixer
* Aritronics RD8000 8 Channel R/C Set included, complete Left/Right,Up/Down, Forward/Backward, Pitch Control (Rudder, Elevator, Throttle, Aileron, Pitch)
* Over 15mins flight time per charge with 1800mAh Battery
* Brand NEW, In original Package
* FULL 3D Capable..Inverted Flying POSSIBLE
* Hitec Optic 6 35Mhz or 72Mhz. Mode 1 or Mode 2
* Complete Kit, READY TO FLY
* Frequency : 35MHz, 72MHz (Interchangable Crystals)
* Dimensions : Rotary Wing Span = 560mm, length = 680mm
* Weight of helicopter: 340g

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Name Qty
T-REX 450XL HDE Kit 1
RC-expert Brushless Motor 3200KV (28-36) 1
11.1V Lithium Battery Charger 1
Airtronics RD8000 Transmitter Set 1
11.1V Li-polymer Battery 1800mAh (10C) 2
Align 25A brushless ESC RCE-BL25G (Governor Mode) 1
RC-expert HiMark 9g Servo 4
Telebee Dual Rate Mini Gyro RCE-500 1
Price 649.99 Qty. Shipping
Calculator
Description
Specifications

New high capacity! Low power comsumption!T-REX 450XL(HPM) helicopter!Use general radio control system and Ball, Hill mixing control systems. It features simply instruction of Ball system and sensitive, power-saving of Hill system, and its outstanding flight performance and against the wind, anti- falls the ability, easy repair, the popular price of spare parts!Suitable for indoor/outdoor 3D flight and hobby beginner!

# Use 37pcs precision bearing.
# Use CNC high precise alumium alloy linkage ball
# Great stable and sensitive mixing lever design! Can disply the great stability and precision for 3D flight
# T-REX 450XL special adjustable pitch system, hold rotation system, tail rotor drive belt system! It is a work of great originality for helicopter!
# Features
1.Auto-Rotation System
2.Rear Tail Servo Mount
3.Collective Pitch System
4.Tail Rotor Drive Belt System
5.Main Drive Gear with Cooling Fan
6.37 Precision Bearings

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Name Qty
T-REX 450X(V2) Basic Kit 1
11.1V Lithium Battery Charger 1
Airtronics RD8000 Transmitter Set 1
11.1V Li-polymer Battery 1800mAh (10C) 2
30A Brushless Motors Electronic Speed Controller (ESC-BS30A) 1
Telebee Dual Rate Mini Gyro RCE-500 1
Align BL-400LF 2800KV Brushless Motor 1
9g Mini Servo 4
325 Carbon Rotor Blade 1
Vertical / Horizontal Stabilizer(3K) 1
Flybar Paddle(3k) 1
Tail Rotor Blade Set(3K) 1
Main Rotor Holder & Housing Set(3K) 1
347 Carbon Tail Boom(upgrade) 1
Price 639.99 Qty. Shipping
Calculator
Description

Align T-REX 450X Electric Helicopter V2 (with new V3, XL parts included)
Pre-assembled
Ready to fly
ONLY avaliable from rc-expert ALIGN CARBON 3K Print PARTS PRE-BUILT(US$100 value alone)
Align Carbon Blade 325mm
True Carbon Tail boom 347mm + long belt
Carbon 3K Print Main Frame
Carbon 3K Print Tail blade (Not supplied now)
Carbon 3K Print Rotor Holder
True CF Stabiliser + Tail Fin
Carbon 3K Fly Paddles (Not supplied now)
Extra 2 pairs Main Blades (1xABS, 1xWooden)
11.1V 1800mah Li-polymer (10C Output) X 2 pcs

Transmitter : 35Mhz = Hitec Optic 6, 40Mhz Airtonics RD8000, 72mHz = Futaba t6xh 72mhz or Hitec Optic 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Package includes

1. T-REX 450XL CCPM(assembled)
2. Telebee Head-Lock Dual Rate Gyro
3. Fiber Rotor Blade 325mm x 1
4. Wooden Rotor Blade 315mm x 1
5. Align 420LF Brushless Motor (3200KV)
6. Align Brusheless Programmable Speed Controller (RCE-BL25T)
7. Li-polymer High power 10C 11.1V 1800mAh Battery
8. Bonus: extra Li-polymer High power 10C 11.1V 1800mAh Battery
9. 110V-220V 11.1V Lithium Battery charger
10. 4x 9g High Torque Servos
11. Align 6 Channel Receiver
12. Hitec Optic 6 6ch Transmitter (72Mhz) (35Mhz available)
13. 1 Pair Crystals
14. English Manual

Ready-to-fly New Align T-Rex 450XL CDE CCPM RC Helicopter

We're the only provider for RTF T-Rex 450XL CDE CCPM

* a true CCPM direct servo link setup with no indirect linkages allowing for true servo hold and CCPM servo to swash setup.
* 2X 11.1V 1800mah Lipo Batteries provided (10C)
* Everything Pre-built and assembled .
* NO NEED for assembly We're the ONLY seller to provide a READY-TO-FLY Package Seperated Gyro, Receiver and Speed Mixer
* Over 15mins flight time per charge with 1800mAh Battery
* Brand NEW, pre-installed with custom made carton box.
* FULL 3D Capable..Inverted Flying POSSIBLE 6ch Radio included and pre-set (choose Hitec Optic 6 for 35/72Mhz, Airtronics RD8000 40Mhz)
# Complete Kit, READY TO FLY

New high capacity! Low power comsumption!T-REX 450XL CCPM helicopter! Use general radio control system and Ball, Hill mixing control systems. It features simply instruction of Ball system and sensitive, power-saving of Hill system, and its outstanding flight performance and against the wind, anti- falls the ability, easy repair, the popular price of spare parts!Suitable for indoor/outdoor 3D flight and hobby beginner!

# Use 35pcs precision bearing.
# Use CNC high precise alumium alloy linkage ball
# Great stable and sensitive mixing lever design! Can disply the great stability and precision for 3D flight
# T-REX 450XL special adjustable pitch system, hold rotation system, tail rotor drive belt system! It is a work of great originality for helicopter!
# Features
1. Auto-Rotation System
2. Rear Tail Servo Mount
3. Collective Pitch System
4. Tail Rotor Drive Belt System
5. Main Drive Gear with Cooling Fan
6. 35 Precision Bearings
Old 08-04-2005, 04:04 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: TRex Differences

Wow, that's a lot to sift through, there!

Just a couple of comments/obsevations...

From what I've seen, Airtronics is the least commonly used TXs for planes and helis... Futaba, Hitec, and JR are much more common in my experience, so I'd prefer to go with one of those over an Airtronics TX. It looks like one or two of the packages listed are not V3 with CCPM, that's the one I'd prefer, since all 3 pitch servos will move for collective pitch. The last package look like it's already assembled... that will save you quite a bit of time over building the TREX yourself, but I'm sure you'll pay $$$$ for it too...
Old 08-05-2005, 09:17 AM
WhtBronco

I'd get the V3, with a Futaba GY401 gyro, a Futaba 7CH or 9CH or JR8103 or JR9303 radio for it. Also I suggest you get a kit, so you'll know how to take it apart and put it back together after you crash it. The JR241 servos or the Hitec HS56 would be my choice. Also a Thunder Power 3S 2100mah li-po battery. Align stuff is probably okay for the rest.

The JR610UL receiver comes with a crystal so if you go that route you won't need a seperate crystal and it's a great receiver.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:04 AM
HermanRC

Thanks for the comments: WhtBronco - your setup looks quite deluxe but thank-you for the recommendations. PHK - these setups are from Hong Kong and I am starting to be leary as the entire setup is $650.

What is the difference between the T-Rex 450XL (CDE) CCPM (it's yellow colored http://store.xtremercproducts.com/t45ccckit.html) and the V3 that you mention?

I have been reading up and I was going to go a tad lower with the radio:

JR6102 (6665) or Optic 6. How can I find out which is the correct servo to put in without having to carve up the servo opening? Is there a reason to get the Futaba GY401 over the GY 240? What is the reason I need 7 or 9 channels? For the JR241 servo or Hitec HS56; These fit into the openings properly?

When it comes to the speed control, do I have to have the 35 amp as I see the bird/motor/25A speed control for $250 on the T-Rex 450 XL (CDE) CPPM

Thanks in advance guys as I'm just a begineer and don't want to spend a ton of money. I just want to get what I actually need and have fun!