Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

after swashplate leveling, CP2 wont lift

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

after swashplate leveling, CP2 wont lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 01:03 PM
stockcp2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after swashplate leveling, CP2 wont lift

I have an eSky Honeybee CP2 and I notice that swashplate was tilting downward at idle (when connecting the battery). I lengthened the elevator rod to make it match up visually and verified it would come to level each time the controller initialized when I connected the batter. Afterwards, the heli wouldn't lift off at %100 throttle. I disconnected the main and tail motor and pushed full throttle and I see that the swashplate moves anywhere from 1/4" - 1/8" and the pitch doesn't really change that much. I ended up having to lengthen the blade pitch rods to where they were positive bias in order to get the heli to take off at %90 throttle. From what I've read the blades and flybar paddles should be at 0 pitch at idle. I'm guessing that with the controllers that come with the esky have a fixed throttle/pitch curve so a high throttle to lift is expected. I'm wondering if there is anything else that I should consider in order to set the blades at 0 pitch and still be able to lift off.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Stormovic
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE: after swashplate leveling, CP2 wont lift

I dont have a pitch gage but at low stick on my cp2 I probablly have 3degrees or so positive.
you probably dont have enough pitch to take off.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:04 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

when you lengthened the elevator rod, you caused the swashplate to sit higher on the main shaft, to keep the same pitch you would of had to lengthen the elevator servo alittle and shorten the other two servo rods. So basically now what you should do is shorten all 3 rods equal amount of turns until your satisfied with the results.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:19 PM
stockcp2

whats a good cheap pitch guage to get? also I needed +2-+3 degrees pitch in order to lift, so should the flybar paddles be left at 0 pitch or setup to match the main blades?
Old 08-31-2005, 08:16 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

flybar paddles are to be setup to be level with the swashplate.