Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

New Mini Electric is here the Falcon 3D!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

New Mini Electric is here the Falcon 3D!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:12 PM
chestercopperpot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Mini Electric is here the Falcon 3D!!

I have my Falcon up for sale on eBay.

I've decided to sell it with only the tx and my two 1300 mah batteries as far as the electronics go. This should save someone batt $ and also let them use the sim. I am including all of the extra parts that I mentioned on the previous page. If you have any questions feel free to ask!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 10:18 PM
chestercopperpot

hereis the listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5129&rd=1&rd=1
Old 10-31-2006, 11:23 PM
flynz4me
My Feedback: (1)

Can I buy your Roomba vac??? :-) Save me your mainshaft!!!!!!! PLEASE I BEG YOU!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 11:24 PM
flynz4me

No I'm kidding, I can wait for them to come back in stock then I'll send yours back to you. :-) <-- Pokin' the bear!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 11:25 PM
flynz4me

BTW I haven't tried to put the Red motor in yet, but it is the same size as the fiber glass washer plate thingy. Lack of better terminology I guess.

Cheers,

Devin Byerley
Old 11-01-2006, 12:00 AM
chestercopperpot

I love that Roomba, I thought someone might mention it after I had taken the picture. Flyin, I once again forgot to mention the main shaft, I'll sell it to you for $20 and I'll cover the shipping.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:58 AM
stevennh

Has anyone found a second source for blades? I chipped the ends of mine trying to get out of idle up mode while too close to the ground and I see hobby-lobby is out until the 24th. Has anyone tried blades from other choppers/manufacturers?

Steve
Old 11-01-2006, 08:58 AM
clw1

chester
do you have the electronics?
Old 11-01-2006, 09:00 AM
clw1

steve
you can use trex 315mm blades
Old 11-01-2006, 09:16 AM
chestercopperpot

I do have the electronics. The problem is that the ESC had given out, I replaced it with a name brand one, I though that the motor was also bad and caused the problem so I got replacements for that too. I received a new "cool red" motor from HL and the gear that had been on the old motor appears to be to big in diameter. The truth is that I don't have much time on my hands to be messing with the gears and whatnot and I am in need of money quickly. Thank you for the interest.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Gary Morris

If your in desperate need of a new main shaft you might just try one of these, they appear to be the same as the Falcon but I could be wrong. The price is good though and they are made of steel vs aluminum. Click her: http://rchover.com/inc/sdetail/4955

Gary
Old 11-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Attila
My Feedback: (2)

Gary...you said you had a soft start on the Falcon. Did you do some programing or did it come that way. Mine, Serial 1600, definitely does not have a soft start...it's so sudden and pretty violent that I am pre-spinning the rotor by turning the round knob at the top of the shaft to get it going and the start won't be so sudden. Any ideas? Attila
Old 11-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Gary Morris

If you watch the video I did awhile back you can see just how soft it is. I start in normal mode and gradually increase throttle and the motor slowly spools up with no jerking or hard sudden start. Mine came that way from the factory, and I always get up to at least 50% throttle before switching to 3D mode or idle up. If on the otherhand you switch to 3D mode with the stick all the way down it would be pretty violent and harsh. Here's the link for the video: http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video....b6a5f416209385

Gary
Old 11-01-2006, 02:20 PM
takevin

hi I just flew mine the first time this past sun, got it to hover a few times, even thou it was a bit windy, also in forward motion too. Only had a minor accident when I landed in the grass tiping it slightly and the blades dug a chunk of grass out. I had fun. Question, should i let the stock battery drain all the way before i charge it, or is it ok to charge it when its still at a half charge or so? thanks kevin
Old 11-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Gary Morris

You haven't read your manual have you? You never I repeat NEVER want to drain the battery all the way down because it will permanently damage it. Never discharge a lipoly cell below 70% of the rated capacity, i.e. never use more than 910 ma on the stock 1300ma pack.

Gary
Old 11-01-2006, 03:11 PM
takevin

thanks Gary, I have read the pdf version of it, must have missed it, ill reread it again. I didnt it was good to run it down past a certain point. thanks
Old 11-01-2006, 06:21 PM
stevennh

I picked up a set of Align 315 CF blades from my LHS and they fit perfect and trimmed up with little effort. The Falcon seems to fly very well with them as well. The added blade weight does seem to make the tail spin a bit on take off, but once it spools up all is well. Thanks for the suggestion. Hey, they only cost $16.00 and the woodies are only $12.00 at my LHS. Not bad! Sure beats $23.00 for the stock ones.

Steve
Old 11-01-2006, 08:26 PM
chestercopperpot

I know that the Trex cf blades are a little shorter than their wooden blades. Are the cf blades the same length as the Falcons?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:37 PM
DCHeli

I think mine starts pretty soft. If you have the training gear on and a smooth surface it appears a lot jerkier because it tends to spin the heli on the training gear.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:44 PM
DCHeli

I bought some Trex 315 pro blades but have not put them on yet. I'm on my third set of falcon blades but have not damaged them lately. Looks like the pros are little tight in the grips, might need to shave a hair off of the plastic. I heard others have used them successfully. The were only 11.99.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:56 PM
chestercopperpot

I think that one of the ways that Art-Tech can sell this heli so cheap is the fact that people are inevitably going to crash and buy their replacement parts. The fact the HL charges $6 for a spindle shaft when you can get a four pack of trex ones for less is just one example. Luckily some of the Trex/ Falcon parts are interchangeable.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:45 AM
flynz4me

Chester,

I'm going to try Gary's idea of the steel shaft and figure on replacing all the plastic ones once the SE version comes available. Does anyone fly this bird with an Eclipse 7??? I just picked one up to fly my big electric plane (and this Heli), and need some programming advice to see what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to use an Electron 6, stock electrics otherwise... All it does is twitch (I took the blades off first!!!). I too have a pair of TREX 315 main blades, but I thought they were a bit heavy and heated up my motor too much (Hovering and little forward flight). I might try them again after I kill the wood mains it came with, but they seem to be getting the job done. Hobby Lobby is sending me new transmitter as the original is faulty (no collective function), so it will be nice to use the collective finally. Also I wanted to comment on how good Hobby-Lobby's customer service is, they rock!! Off my soapbox.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:19 AM
stevennh

The Align 315 CF blades are about 1/4" longer than the stock blades. I did not fly long enough to see if they heat things up more, but hopefully will today. I was impressed that a boom/ground strike at fairly decent speed did not total the tail or head, although it probalby will with the CF blades. I would have picked up the woodies but they did not have any in stock. At 11-12 bucks, I would rather replace blades than the tail assembly and head parts (shattered blade vs. broken balls/links and tail). I'll post a flight report on the Align 315 CF blades if I get out at lunch. I also picked up a set of blades that are 1/4" shorter (plastic blades) that were for the shogun. My LHS stopped carrying parts for the Shoguns so they gave me a deal on the plastic blades. I have my doubts, they seem very soft, but I have not tried them yet.

Update: It flew fine at lunch. The motor was just warm to the touch after 5 minutes of flight or so. The blades seem to work fine, but do cause the heli to spin on the ground until the motor spins up (extra weight/mass?, 3/4 turn or so until the tail locks in). I also noticed a bit of tail twitch for the first time, it looks like I have to lower the HH gain a bit.

Steve
Old 11-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Simon Thorpe

10 are available on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ADME:B:SS:UK:1

Too good to be true?
Old 11-02-2006, 10:31 AM
chestercopperpot

Simon I noticed the same thing.

Seeing as HL is the only company in the US that sells the Falcon I wonder how he could get them that cheep. Even though he is over charging for shipping the final price is still just under $230. I would never buy the complete Falcon heli off of eBay though(as warned on Art-Techs web site). From all of the problems that people have had (including me) with the supplied Art-Tech electronics, I would much rather pay the extra $60 and get one from HL. Seeing as HL is out of all stock electronic parts for this heli (people wouldn't buy them if the parts hadn't died) I would rather get the insurance of HL which has stood behind this heli 100%. Although I believe that this heli is very sound mechanically, it appears to have many electronic problems(it's $300).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.