Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Help Needed - mCX

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 04:59 PM
akpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed - mCX

A few weeks ago I posted that I got an E-flite mCX. I was quite happy with it, for the first week and a half that it flew. Now I've got problems that I would like to see if anyone has a solution for.

About a week and a half into it, the actual batter wire separated from it's housing. Each time I went to put a lipo in, the terminal backed out.

So I called Horizon and they sent a new 5-in-1 board, with a new-style connector (more y-shaped).

I took everything off and put on the new board, ensuring I put things back the way I found them (verified them through on-line pics); wires, antenna, etc.

Now when I turn it on, it spins violently like it's in a torque spin. I checked and both props are counter-rotating. In addition I saw something where it stated that the battery would hit the bottom of the landing gear support. I've got a gap there, so I think I'm okay.

I called Horizon today (Saturday) and they stated I'd have to wait until Monday to talk to someone.

I really enjoyed it when it was flying, but now this is getting to be a major disappointment. Any thoughts?
Old 04-11-2010, 08:25 AM
matty_p80

Default RE: Help Needed - mCX

hey AK!

although 99.9% of the time the E-Flite products are right on the money, they are experiencing problems with the micro plugs that connect the motors to the board!

i have the mSR and have had the same issues! the remedy for which (you're not going to be too plussed with this one!) is to unsolder the female side of the plugs from the circuit board then solder the plug pins directly onto the CB, making sure you mark which one goes to which and correct orientation (i.e. mark the upper side of the motor's plug and do them one at a time!!)!!

hope this helps

Matty )
Old 04-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Solman

Problem sounds simple. One of your motor connectors is installed backwards. Make sure your blades are simple opposite of each other.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:19 PM
akpilot

Turned over wires and while it now flies, it's doing the toilet bowl thing.

Called Horizon Hobby today and they stated that I'd probably need a new part, etc.

I let them know that this is a brand new helicopter, touted as being for beginners and as such should not expect to face all of the parts swapping. They then stated that they'd "work with me" to replace it, if I'd send it back in.

Kinda disappointing really. Just didn't expect them to make a couple attempts at replacing parts - it is a beginner's model. Mind you, if I was more advanced and the parts were made of metal, instead of plastic, then I'd accept it more.

So I guess I'll pay to send it back and for them to send me a new one. Lesson learned. As I learn and develop more skills, I'll ensure I take digital pictues of everything next time, as I disassemble.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:47 PM
dooleyje

make sure your flybar is loose in the cradle if not then the screw is way toooo tight.

Jim