Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR stops the sales of 2.4 as of last night for upgrade

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR stops the sales of 2.4 as of last night for upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 07:03 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: JR stops the sales of 2.4 as of last night for upgrade

Well let's see Craig, here's some of your first post...

ORIGINAL: Craig B.

...floored logic...

...Hilarious!...

...Ridiculous logic!
BTW, I have no idea what "floored logic" is, although I do know what "flawed logic" is but I usually don't apply it.

ORIGINAL: Craig B.

I don't understand why you, and some others, find the need to sanctimoniously gun down other people and wish ill will on others, whilst distorting what was said as you did in your post. Surely you are a bigger person than that?
I never gunned down anyone and *never* wished ill will on anyone. However, when someone comes up and says things like "Ridiculous" with reference to what I've said and doesn't even get the issue or facts straight, then yes, its a bit irritating. One could ask why you got so worked up and started the personal attacks. Are you a rep? not me...

I never said DSM2 is crap. Some of my best friend use it and have had 100% success with it. I've used it at work to and it works fine. I don't use it to fly my own personal stuff because I have no desire to spend valuable time positioning and re-positioning multiple receivers to get a reliable RF link when clearly, with *any* other 2.4 GHz system, its not necessary.

My main point, if you go back and really read it, is that contrary to what the marketing types and the die-hard shills of Spek say, extra receivers do *not* make a system better *unless* the system can operate reliability without them. If it can, then the extra receivers are in fact, redundant and increase reliability. If the extra receivers are in fact, required for correct system operation, then the introduce an additional point of failure and in fact, *decrease* reliability.

I have no ax to grind against the Spek systems and certainly none against anyone who uses them. As I said several posts before yours (again, go back and read them), if it works for you and you are happy with it, go forth and enjoy. What gripes me, and has from the start, is when you read the Spek marketing BS and it says "we looked at all transmission protocols in the 2.4 GHz band and DSM2 is the best" (then why change it?), or they present an ad that says "using only one receiver is the same as flying across the Atlantic on one engine" with a picture of Lindburg's Ryan NYP (now even *JR* is offering a system with one RX!), or, even the best one - the ads with the melted receiver. Sell your stuff on its obvious benefits (able to re-bind numerous times [:-] ) and not using BS to slam other's equipment...

Building, yea, I do a bit of that too. We've got a Ziroli Turbinator and Panther that should be ready to fly by around May, and two A-4 EDFs, a JHH and a Yellow, that hopefully will be out in June...

Bob
Old 02-20-2011, 07:24 AM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 Bob

... about the Spek marketing paragraph.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:29 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcjetsaok

Many people on here worry about things that simply do not need to worry about. It all works well and the new stuff will hopefully be an improvement.

AMEN !!!! Can I get a Hell Yea !!!!![sm=thumbup.gif]

Danno
lol Danster.. thought you gave up on this thread? Will I see you at MS Afterburner?
Old 02-20-2011, 08:13 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: rcjetsaok

Many people on here worry about things that simply do not need to worry about. It all works well and the new stuff will hopefully be an improvement.

AMEN !!!! Can I get a Hell Yea !!!!![sm=thumbup.gif]

Danno
lol Danster.. thought you gave up on this thread? Will I see you at MS Afterburner?

Yea dude, I will be there for sure !!!! Gonna be a great time as useual !!!!

See ya there !!!!

Dan
Old 02-20-2011, 09:05 AM
lazy eight
My Feedback: (389)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If any of you want to get rid of your old unsafeDSM2 gear I will be paying CASH for it. Looking for 1222 and 1221 rec. PAYING$100 for the 1222 and $75 for the 1221. Get out while there still worth somthing!!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:36 AM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, go out and fly one afternoon and you miss a whole round of shots fired and defended! Oh, well Had 4 perect jet flights on my Futaba and my buddy had 5 on his DSM2. Guess that means they both work just great. But he did have one more flight than me so does that mean DSM2 is better? Guess I better take more Kero to the field next time if I want to represent for the Futaba crowd. Or I guess I could just fly one of my planes that are on DSM2. Maybe I will just build responsibly and enjoy the hobby with the equimment I have.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:17 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: sailing1

Wow, go out and fly one afternoon and you miss a whole round of shots fired and defended! Oh, well Had 4 perect jet flights on my Futaba and my buddy had 5 on his DSM2. Guess that means they both work just great. But he did have one more flight than me so does that mean DSM2 is better? Guess I better take more Kero to the field next time if I want to represent for the Futaba crowd. Or I guess I could just fly one of my planes that are on DSM2. Maybe I will just build responsibly and enjoy the hobby with the equimment I have.

Another person making excellent sense

Dennis
Old 02-20-2011, 10:27 AM
FILE IFR

ORIGINAL: lazy eight

If any of you want to get rid of your old unsafe DSM2 gear I will be paying CASH for it.

Don't bother. Horizon is working closely with this company to attend to any obsolete/orphaned DSM-DSM2 gear people currently have. My hat is off to Horizon for their efforts.

http://www.wm.com/products-and-servi...-recycling.jsp

it's just a post for a chuckle.... don't get bent out of shape. [8D]
Old 02-21-2011, 06:14 AM
siclick33

Futaba Webmercial. I'm not sure of the factual accuracy and it's a bit of a cheap shot but can you blame them?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_nULRUPF_o[/youtube]
Old 02-21-2011, 08:02 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: siclick33

Futaba Webmercial. I'm not sure of the factual accuracy and it's a bit of a cheap shot but can you blame them?
I must admit that I had not seen them before - and they are a bit of a cheap shot by Futaba. On the other hand, I do love the Windows/Mac commercials that they were derived from - partly because although Windows "won" some of their trade practices border on a monopoly and their OS and office "productivity" tools are junk...

Bob
Old 02-21-2011, 08:18 AM
gruntled

That is a part of the grass root smear campaign I had referenced earlier.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:00 AM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh come on, this whole thread has become comical anyway.

If you don't like the Futaba adds, don't buy into them and don't get your shorts in a twist Same goes for the Spektrum adds and the Hitec and whatever else you see out there that you don't agree with. They don't have any power if you don't give it to them!

This stuff probbaly isn't going to go away soon, so why not have some fun with it.

And just FYI, I fly Spektrum, Futaba and Airtronics
Old 02-21-2011, 09:06 AM
handyman_alw_
My Feedback: (14)

i think we need to start new romors just to see what happens, Like Motorola is coming out with a 12 channel 2.4 for under $100.00

i would buy one how bout you?

Allen[:'(]
Old 02-21-2011, 09:18 AM
karl hibbs
My Feedback: (6)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I already have one and it is 16 channels
Old 02-21-2011, 09:30 AM
handyman_alw_
My Feedback: (14)

yeah but did you get the free life time upgrade to go along with it?

Allen
Old 02-21-2011, 10:53 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: karl hibbs

I already have one and it is 16 channels
That's a shame the 12FG and above are 26 channels as standard.

Mike