Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new Modellbau HURRICANE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new Modellbau HURRICANE

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 03:34 AM
jetsett
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The new Modellbau HURRICANE

I believe that the Gryphon is a "rebranded" or "re-release", ( or what ever you want to call it) of the Sheliak.....
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_45...tm.htm#4545347
Nice try plumbs
Old 10-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Modellbau USA
My Feedback: (5)

Sorry about the delay on pictures but I have been traveling over in eastern europe on buisness for the last week or so. Below are a few more pictures of the finished fuselage of the Hurricane unpainted of course so you can see all the Carbon Fiber reinforcments. I am expecting to have my demo bird here by the end of next week.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77974.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1670871   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15665.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1670872   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97211.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1670873  
Old 10-07-2011, 07:56 AM
LittleBob
Banned

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

Sorry about the delay on pictures but I have been traveling over in eastern europe on buisness for the last week or so. Below are a few more pictures of the finished fuselage of the Hurricane unpainted of course so you can see all the Carbon Fiber reinforcments. I am expecting to have my demo bird here by the end of next week.
The carbon fibre in the nose section looks a little Rough, I wonder why they couldn't get it even

Bob
Old 10-07-2011, 08:01 AM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: LittleBob

The carbon fibre in the nose section looks a little Rough, I wonder why they couldn't get it even

Bob
You've already slammed Henry and ModellbauUSA, then stated in the Tornado thread you aren't going to buy a Modellbau product, so why keep trolling???

Old 10-07-2011, 08:08 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: LittleBob

Bob
+1. Who are you "littleBob" & why are you attacking Modellbau on multiple threads?
Old 10-07-2011, 08:21 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Because he is probably Dennis under a new name...which popped up the same day Dennis disappeared.

Beave

ORIGINAL: BlueBus320

[+1. Who are you ''littleBob'' & why are you attacking Modellbau on multiple threads?
Old 10-07-2011, 08:22 AM
747junky

it does not take a genius to figure out that little bob is BIG D!@K Dennis. This guy is out of control some body needs to stop this crap. He is obviously being paid by somebody to do this, maybe Colchester since he keeps pushing all there products and saying that Modellbau's are crap. Get a life your really think that you can piss off Henry. People keep forgetting that henry is a FED you dummy, not the person to piss off. But I am sure he is more of a professional to even patronize somebody like you.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Gary Szetlak
My Feedback: (13)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is a public forum and at least for now people in the USA still have the freedom of speech (not sure about the rest of the world or for how long in the US). I own one of the Tornado's and was at first disappointed with it. But after some landing gear mods I have well over 100 flights on it and I guess that made it a good value. But it is the exchange of info in forums like this that make it possible for people to make an informed decision on their purchases. 10 years ago information about turbines and jets was limited at best, I had a hell of time learning how to land a Kangaroo jet. Fortunatly their were people like me that had troubles, figured it out, and shared their success. I've spoken to Henry, seems like a good guy I look forward to the release of the Hurricane and I hope for his sake and all the rest of us flyers his product line continues to grow and be succesful. My guess is he would not have gone into business if he could not take a little criticism whether it is good or bad.
Keep swinging Henry looking forward to the finished Hurricane.

Gary Szetlak
Old 10-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Bobman

Henry,

I may have missed it earlier, but do you have an anticipated price / availability date on the Hurricane?

Thanks,

Bob
Old 10-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Modellbau USA

A price has not been set yet for the aircraft but as I mentioned before it will be aggressively like our other models. W are expecting to have them in stock the end of December early January.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:47 PM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Hurricane looks good and priced right. good job Henry !
Old 10-07-2011, 03:59 PM
KXH121
My Feedback: (20)

Henry,
You had mentioned something earlier about a Hurricane XL, still on track with an early 2012 release for that one? Thx
Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Bobman

A price has not been set yet for the aircraft but as I mentioned before it will be aggressively like our other models. W are expecting to have them in stock the end of December early January.
Thanks Henry. I'll keep my eyes open for this one....

Bob
Old 10-12-2011, 04:56 AM
Ruymán

Hi Henry!

Hurricane So what I'm reading the fiber fuselage and wings of balsa wood coated with a thin layer of fiberglass? Then I understand you think that if you buy this plane with the P-100 will be a discount. But this aircraft is ready to withstand the thrust of the new Jet-Cat P-100?

Greetings.

Once again thanks on the compliments, we have worked hard on making this model what it is. We have made trailing link struts for the hurricane as well and they are the same price as the rest of our jets. $315 for trailing link struts wheels and brakes.
Like I mentioned before the price is not 100% set but I will make it as inexpensive as possible. Believe me guys if I could sell it for $100 bucks I would. The price in the UK will be determined as soon as things are firmed up. I am discussing things with Ian and Leo from Modellbau Brazil as we speak.
As for a wait list I think I will be taking names late October. Also that's all it takes just ask. I will be offering the plane is just primer and uncovered wings and elevator for anybody who want to customize.
The hurricane will come with 80 oz tanks so flight times are about 7 min with K80 or 10 min with P60. Also for anybody interested you can buy the one in primer and glass the wings and stabs and you can have a beautiful new home for the P100 which we will be offered at a discount from us if you purchase this plane or any other airplane from us
Old 10-12-2011, 05:01 AM
KC36330

the way i read that, Henry is stating you can buy the jet in primer (not painted and not covered) and you can then glass the wings/tail yourself and stick the P100 in it.

[quote]ORIGINAL: Ruym�n

Hi Henry!

Hurricane So what I'm reading the fiber fuselage and wings of balsa wood coated with a thin layer of fiberglass? Then I understand you think that if you buy this plane with the P-100 will be a discount. But this aircraft is ready to withstand the thrust of the new Jet-Cat P-100?

Greetings.

........... Also for anybody interested you can buy the one in primer and glass the wings and stabs and you can have a beautiful new home for the P100 which we will be offered at a discount from us if you purchase this plane or any other airplane from us
Old 10-12-2011, 06:29 AM
Ruymán

The Jet Spark of similar dimensions there are people who have put a P-60SE and reaches speeds of 200mph as well, but they say that it is very hard to land the high weight difference with a power turbine.

Henry has to go up a video of the Hurricane in action to see their flight at high speed and low!

Greetings.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:34 AM
TUMBLER

Wow, those are some butt ugly color schemes haha

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

On reading RCJI Oct/Nov issue I saw an add for a Gryphon. Looks very like the Hurricane. In respect of the Hurricane I do believe Henry is building it. This just made me raise an eyebrow. Cant see it on the Redwings website though.

Ignor the Jetlegend ref in the pic it was at the top when I scanned it and refers to another add

Dennis
Old 10-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Ramz

Agreed about the video. I will make my decision on the hurricane as soon as I see it fly. Henry said he wiLl post video as soon as possible. I have a P70 in a Tornado that needs a hotter airframe.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:55 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I was really interested until I saw great big deep panel lines all over...... It's a sport jet,I don't think it needs molded in panel lines. Just personal opinion, and even if you have to have them, those ones are grotesquely deep and wide. I like the overall look, but that killed it in my personal opinion.

edit: spelling error
Old 10-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I feel the same way about the panel lines. Why are they even on this plane???
Old 10-12-2011, 08:49 AM
TUMBLER

Yeah I don't like them either. The price is right so maybe I could deal but really don't like them, especially when the wings would not have them to match.

ORIGINAL: Woketman

I feel the same way about the panel lines. Why are they even on this plane???
Old 10-12-2011, 08:54 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For the price, I think I may buy one, but honestly I'm actually not that crazy about the look of it. The rounded nose/bubbled canopy looks kinda T-33 1950 era-ish. I like more of a smooth SuperBandit-like pointier nose/canopy on my sport jets. IMO, The panel lines should go.. Save those for the F-16 & S-Dog.
My2cents
Old 10-12-2011, 09:11 AM
TUMBLER

The hurricane has some similarities to a 90mm EDF I had called an eliminator. It also had panel lines on the fuse and a wood wing. I ended up sanding the gelcoat to get most of the panel lines off and only required a light coat of glazing putty to fill in the rest. I imagine the same could be done with the hurricane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18799.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1673410  
Old 10-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Pepperpete

Those panel lines are gross. I don't like them at all.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:47 PM
KC36330

Y'all sound like a bunch of little 2 yr olds...............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.