Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Who makes the best F-16?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Who makes the best F-16?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Who makes the best F-16?

ORIGINAL: RUFTER

ORIGINAL: bullmrkt

Working with someone in Belgium makes me a little nervous. Is there a US dealer? Their F-15 looks nice too...
The Scale Jets model is crazy. A little too big and expensive for me, but very impressive.
A flying buddy of mine has a Scale jets kit and some scale accessories up for sale for 3200euro, no landing gear though. Pretty sweet deal, but it's in Belgium...

Regards, Bart.
I am interested in the F-16. Joe C!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:11 PM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Avonds for me. Mine went 742 flights and then a trainer took off down wind turned upwind and nose to nose with my F16. What a mess. Man I was sick I loved that plane. Will have to build another one of these days.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:26 AM
bullmrkt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: kevinthoele

Avonds for me. Mine went 742 flights and then a trainer took off down wind turned upwind and nose to nose with my F16. What a mess. Man I was sick I loved that plane. Will have to build another one of these days.
Ouch, sorry to hear. 742 flights?! Thats nuts! How much thrust did you fly it with? Im becoming increasingly drawn to Avonds...

Old 11-11-2011, 05:50 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Oh Man! Sorry to hear your jet is no longer with us. I sold mine a month ago and miss it too. You need to try a YA F-22. I like flying it as much or more than the PA F-16. Tell all the guys in TX I said 'Hi"
Old 11-11-2011, 06:10 AM
bullmrkt

ORIGINAL: tp777fo

Oh Man! Sorry to hear your jet is no longer with us. I sold mine a month ago and miss it too. You need to try a YA F-22. I like flying it as much or more than the PA F-16. Tell all the guys in TX I said 'Hi"
Really? Ironically I was checking out yellows F-22 myself yesterday. Looks like a nice plane and the cost is reasonable. I emailed Shaun aboutnit but haven't heard back yet. What turbine are you using and how does it fly? Stable/slow landings?

Old 11-11-2011, 08:15 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Ive had a bunch of the smaller scale 16's and I agree PA is the highest quality. Only thing discouraging is the $ to € conversion. But now that the € is about to die, it may become feasible to get one.

David
Old 11-11-2011, 08:53 AM
bullmrkt

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

Ive had a bunch of the smaller scale 16's and I agree PA is the highest quality. Only thing discouraging is the $ to € conversion. But now that the € is about to die, it may become feasible to get one.

David
Yep the euro is on its way down vs the dollar. Even at todays exchange rate though, the full kit is a little over $3k. Not bad for a 1/7 scale F-16...

Old 11-11-2011, 10:46 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget that you also need to add for shipping and the customs/duty/handling, etc as it's coming out of Belgium. I had to do that on my F104 kit, but avoided it with the F-16 because I bought TPerry's kit.
Btw, any decent build threads on here for the Avonds F-16? May start mine this winter.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:51 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I am about to get the yellow F22 also. Only problem is they are on back order until mid december [:@]
I will be using a jetcentral supereagle in mine. You can use a 120 size turbine or a 160 size for more fun from what I have read. From what I have been told its very easy to fly.

Oh Man! Sorry to hear your jet is no longer with us. I sold mine a month ago and miss it too. You need to try a YA F-22. I like flying it as much or more than the PA F-16. Tell all the guys in TX I said 'Hi''
Really? Ironically I was checking out yellows F-22 myself yesterday. Looks like a nice plane and the cost is reasonable. I emailed Shaun aboutnit but haven't heard back yet. What turbine are you using and how does it fly? Stable/slow landings?

Old 11-11-2011, 11:02 AM
bullmrkt

ORIGINAL: smchale

Don't forget that you also need to add for shipping and the customs/duty/handling, etc as it's coming out of Belgium. I had to do that on my F104 kit, but avoided it with the F-16 because I bought TPerry's kit.
Btw, any decent build threads on here for the Avonds F-16? May start mine this winter.
No not that Ican find.Let me know if you come across one, I'd like to see it too. Hopefully Philip can do the glassing at the factory for me, I don't have the setup at home to do it myself...

EDIT:Never mind, I found a Avonds F-16 build thread here

Old 11-11-2011, 12:01 PM
FalconWings

ORIGINAL: smchale

No not that I can find. Let me know if you come across one, I'd like to see it too. Hopefully Philip can do the glassing at the factory for me, I don't have the setup at home to do it myself...

EDIT: Never mind, I found a Avonds F-16 build thread here
Why? Sure you can. I lived in an apartment for 3 years and did a lot of glassing. Just dont use Polyester Resin for glassing, which will stink out your place. Use Epoxy resin and take your time. Now painting may be a problem.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Peter Coers

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

This is my Avonds, fly's great.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:42 PM
bullmrkt

Why? Sure you can. I lived in an apartment for 3 years and did a lot of glassing. Just dont use Polyester Resin for glassing, which will stink out your place. Use Epoxy resin and take your time. Now painting may be a problem.
Maybe... I have a buddy locally that does a lot of painting.I haven't asked to see if he would help me with it yet. If not, I might be forced to go with the 1/6 SMF-16, which wouldn't be the end of the world.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:58 PM
tp777fo

I have never had to pay any duty on anything i purchased from PA. If you had to pay, the customs guys screwed you. There is no duty on model airplanes.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:51 AM
smchale

I have never had to pay any duty on anything i purchased from PA. If you had to pay, the customs guys screwed you. There is no duty on model airplanes.
That's what I thought too Tom but Philip assured me it was correct when I was shipped my F-104 kit. If you note on his site he even says:

"Important: For any shipping outside the EU, please be advised that shipping costs do not include any duties or customs handling fees at country of destination. Please contact your local authorities for more detailed info."

For parts and accessories, etc that were delivered to my house I've never paid duty or customs, it was only on the large kit when it arrived. The fees for freight were paid to Philip. Lynden Air Frieght International charged me an additional $272 to cover airline terminal, messanger, and duty advance fees. As well as customs clearance, duty, entry service, and bond to customs, prep, service premium. The total cost was a bit surprising, but the fact I had to pay it wasn't as Philip had already told me that would be the case upon arrival in the US.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:14 AM
tp777fo

When I buy kits from PA I pick up the papers at the shipper and take them to Customs and clear them myself. $0 fees.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:27 AM
smchale

Ah, good to know Tom, I didn't realize that was an option. This is the only kit I've ever run into this issue with. I'll keep that in mind for my next PA kit...or I'll get it shipped to Greer and come pick it up from you. Cheers, Sean

Btw, Peter awesome pics of your F-16! I bet you miss it. I'm enjoying your build thread on the B version, fantastic stuff!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:37 AM
ViperOneNL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

General Electrics?????
Old 11-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Joe C

ORIGINAL: ViperOneNL

General Electrics?????
c'mon now
Old 11-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Gerald Rutten

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

....but it's not clear to me who makes the best Falcon, or at least which one(s) to stay away from. This is regardless of size.
It depends on how you would define "the best"........

When it comes down to scale accuracy the scale-jets is by far the winner and no comparison to the others mentioned here. This model has won numerous events, including multiple TOPGUN contests by Graeme Mears/David Shulman. My own orange one did had a second place static score in last JWM in Dayton 20kg class just behind Vitaly's masterpiece and I'm still working on it. I agree it's well in it's price but what you pay is what you get. Besides, most think this model needs an expensive 250N+ engine but that's not the case at all. Mine test flew with 16kg of thrust and Marijn's (owner scale-jets) Alaska version has an AMT 16kg (160N) engine in it and flies great. Important to keep the weight below 20kg which can easily be done. A friend made this nice movie of Marijn's model where you can see that the model is still on the agressive style. 160N turbines are more available and (somewhat) economic priced compared to very big turbines which makes the model more accesable I believe.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWWwnc3KaxE[/youtube]

I can truly say that this model really flies like a dream. I also flew the avonds a lot with great pleasure but this one is a class on it's own if alone by it's perfect size. He has all versions available on request, F16A/B/C/D with all external stores available. The amount of detail in the kit is really stunning, perfectly scales speedbrakes and 100% scale gears. Below some more which where all present on the last jet world masters in Dayton.

Rgds,
Gerald

Old 11-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Joe C

Great flight, Scale-Jets are the best F-16 out there!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:08 AM
bullmrkt

Id love one, but it looks like I can do a Skymaster F-16 1/6 scale with a Jetcat P-180, JR 12x, servos, pneumatics, Powerbox SRS and all other necessary equipment for the same price as a scale jets airframe and landing gear. That's pricey... Also, the scale jets F-16 is enormous, which is cool, but I'm already thinking the size of the skymaster will be a bit cumbersome.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:49 AM
FalconWings

ORIGINAL: Joe C

At $20K for a completed model, bet your ass they should be!!

This one's also on my list awaiting the Eurozone "transition" [X(]
Old 11-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Joe C

ORIGINAL: Joe C

This one's also on my list awaiting the Eurozone ''transition'' [X(]
I agree, we need the Euro to drop fast!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:02 PM
bullmrkt

This one's also on my list awaiting the Eurozone "transition" [X(]
Yep, I wouldn't be surprised if the euro takes a 15-30% haircut vs the USDif things dont shape up soon.Who knows what will happen if they dissolve the euro entirely (it would depend on the euro member country). It's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.