Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Stolen Jet-Reward offered

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Stolen Jet-Reward offered

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Stolen Jet-Reward offered

Hey Guys,

Not your typical "they broke into my garage and stole my jet" story, but it was stolen nonetheless. I am posting this on behalf of my friend Chris Setting (pictured below) who is a more than capable pilot, but he's not very computer savvy.

Chris advertised his Bandit ARF for sale and was contacted by Freddy Del Rosario. The struck a deal for $4k, less Rx and turbine on Oct 15th . Freddy was in a hurry to receive the jet and wanted to fly it that weekend. Rob Lynch spoke with Chris and said he knew Freddy and would vouch for him. To be clear, Rob is not implicated at all here, just mentioned as a side note to explain why things happened the way that they did.

Freddy was supposed to wire transfer the money on Oct 17th. Since he was in a hurry to fly it, and Rob had vouched for him, Chris agreed to ship immediately the same day as the transfer so Freddy could have it to fly that weekend. He shipped it on the 17th the same day as the transfer was supposed to take place. Chris made a huge mistake here, and he realizes that, but was trusting with Rob's input.

Long story short the transfer or any other paynment never happened. Plenty of excuses "I'm doing a cash deposit, you're bank isn't local to me" blah blah blah. In the mean time Freddy has received the jet, proceeded to fly it for 3+ months and post the videos on youtube, all the while leaving Chris hanging with excuse after pathetic excuse. The latest is that he has "sent a money order" on two separate occasions (which Chris obviously has never received) "somebody has cashed them". Freddy now claims he's out the $4K and will not talk to, respond to emails or correspond in any way with Chris. Chris has been more than patient with with Freddy's excuses & lies because he's way too nice. I was not aware of the situation until today, that's why I'm posting this. As you can see Chris is in a wheel chair, I helped pack the jet to ship .

Video of the stolen jet flying at Markham Park: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-hh9r9Yq6g

Chris is offering a $250 reward to anyone who retrieves his Bandit.

Chris has retained a lawyer, and a police report is being filed in Freddy's jurisdiction. Why post this all here? Simply to warn others in the jet community of this thief so that they won't also get burned, and some small hope that someone in the community can put some pressure on this dirt bag to do the right thing. If anyone has any info, please PM me here.

Thanks
Red
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18170.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1846864  
Old 02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
luckyflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stolen Jet-Reward offered

That is some really low sh**! I hope that he either gets the jet or the money, good luck.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:02 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a BVM Bobcat from a friend that lives down the road, and he would not let me touch the jet until I paid him. This incident is a terrible mistake, it's fine to trust people but make them pay first. At any rate I hope your friend gets justice of some kind.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:06 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Rob needs to make sure his thieving friend pays Chris or pull it out of his own pocket. If I vouch to someone that someone else is "good for the money" and they turn out to not be, I feel obligated to make it right. Chris wouldn't have done this otherwise.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:25 PM
flyinfool1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Rob needs to make sure his thieving friend pays Chris or pull it out of his own pocket. If I vouch to someone that someone else is "good for the money" and they turn out to not be, I feel obligated to make it right. Chris wouldn't have done this otherwise.
I agree.
To be clear, I know nothing about any of the four individuals involved here.
Vouching for someone is about the same as co signing a loan. Not leagaly but at least ethically. At the very minumum since Rob knows Freddie well enough to vouch for him, he should be over at Freddies house and leading him by the hand to the bank to make the wire transfer or collecting the funds from Fredie and personally forwarding them.
Having vouched for a scammer like this also taints Rob to be just as untrustworthy.
Rob does need to get very involved in this to clear his name.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:43 PM
gonzalom
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG I can't believe this is happening to Chris Setting. He is one the most amazing person in the Jet community here in Northern California! He is the reason why I start flying jets.
He was my instructor and one of the nicest persons you can meet.

I hope this can be resolve ASAP for Chris.

Gonzalo
Northern California

Old 02-01-2013, 04:45 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

3+ months, no pay, the guy is flying it and posting videos, people know where is and lives,,,,, what's the problem????

Report it as stolen and have the "law" visit him at his place or flying field.. If that doesn't work then,,,, well,,, you know......

Pay em a visit..
Old 02-01-2013, 05:19 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeah go ahead and OJ Simpson him. Your only recourse is legal, and good luck. Try to take the jet from him he might shoot you, and be justified in doing so due to Florida's nice Castle Doctrine.

Good luck.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: Lownverted

Chris is offering a $250 reward to anyone who retrieves his Bandit and drops it off at Rob's shop House of Power Hobbies in Sunrise Florida.

Chris has retained a lawyer, and a police report is being filed in Freddy's jurisdiction. Why post this all here? Simply to warn others in the jet community of this thief so that they won't also get burned, and some small hope that someone in the community can put some pressure on this dirt bag to do the right thing. If anyone has any info, please PM me here.

Thanks
Red

WORST IDEA EVER! If one were to take it upon themselves to retrieve the jet and get it to Florida they would be in the middile of a theft battle. You've done the right thing by contacting the law. Peer pressure on the guy may work, but I would never suggest for anyone to do this. Its just as easy for him to press charges against everyone else and its all about how good your lawyer is.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:50 PM
dionysusbacchus

He made the posted video private, here is another video with him sporting a new BVM shirt I guess he bought with some of the $4,000 he saved on this deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO6Pbcb65gc
Old 02-01-2013, 05:57 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like he just pullled the video down, the comments telling him to pay for the jet were starting to pile up.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
warbirdfanatic

That's awful! The video has since been removed, is this guilt or hiding the evidence?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
bobcatfreddy

Lownverted,

You have posted false information regarding Chris R's transactions with me. You have also mentioned Rob Lynch's name that had nothing to do with this, he ONLY EXCEPTED THE JET AT HIS STORE FOR INSPECTION on my request..NOT TO VOCHE FOR ME. Chris wanted me to wire the money into his account before receiving the plane. I was not comfortable with that due to the fact that if he kept the money then i wouldn't have anything to fall back on. So i told him that I would pay him using Paypal that way we would both be protected. He did not want me to use Paypal for reasons he knows. I did send him payment in form of a money order and also have proof of our conversations via text on my phone with time and dates on how I attempted to pay him in two different ways before agreeing to money orders but he refused. Either way the money orders have been reported as lost and is being investigated. You should not post things about people when you don't have the FACTS. I will post pics and copies of the money orders as soon as possible. 
Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: bobcatfreddy

Lownverted,

You have posted false information regarding Chris R's transactions with me. You have also mentioned Rob Lynch's name that had nothing to do with this, he ONLY EXCEPTED THE JET AT HIS STORE FOR INSPECTION on my request..NOT TO VOCHE FOR ME. Chris wanted me to wire the money into his account before receiving the plane. I was not comfortable with that due to the fact that if he kept the money then i wouldn't have anything to fall back on. So i told him that I would pay him using Paypal that way we would both be protected. He did not want me to use Paypal for reasons he knows. I did send him payment in form of a money order and also have proof of our conversations via text on my phone with time and dates on how I attempted to pay him in two different ways before agreeing to money orders but he refused. Either way the money orders have been reported as lost and is being investigated. You should not post things about people when you don't have the FACTS. I will post pics and copies of the money orders as soon as possible.

If he says he hasn't been paid, and you say he has and he can prove he hasn't received the funds. Your still responsible for paying for the item. Even if you sent a MO and it was lost, that doesn't pardon you from being responsible for paying the man the money he is owed, even if it is being "investigated".

And since you now have the jet, there should be no reason to be "uncomfortable" with a bank transfer
Old 02-01-2013, 07:12 PM
bobcatfreddy

No i put the video on private so people like youself can't leave stupid comments based on he said she said. People these days are ignorint and do belive anything they hear. I do appricate the hits..Thanks.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:16 PM
dionysusbacchus

No i put the video on private so people like youself can't leave stupid comments based on he said she said. People these days are ignorint and do belive anything they hear. I do appricate the hits..Thanks.
Just as long as I'm not like you. Looking for stupid, read what you wrote again.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:21 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

He has a few vids with titles like this, kinda funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmx8xeK75Ko
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 PM
gonzalom

Very simple do a wire transfer or send him a cashier check via Fedex..... you can solve this in a day period. I don't understand why you take the risk on getting your name be in such ugly situation.
A lot of us knows Chris quite well. If you dont have the funds is quite simple return the airplane to Chris ASAP.

Gonzalo
Northern California
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Lownverted

So the thief speaks!

If anybody is interested in the truth or facts, I have all of the correspondence (so does the lawyer and authorities) between Chris and Freddy if you want to see.

Freddy,
It's Chris S btw.....have no idea who Chris R is. You wanted Chris to ship the plane first then you would pay because you didn't trust him? That's rich! Paying BEFORE you get the merchandise is the way every other normal person conducts business on the planet. Now it's lost money orders? Twice...yeah I believe that. You don't investigate lost money orders, you cancel them. Pay the man what you owe him! Who is the untrustworthy guy now? You've had the jet for 3 months, why not a wire transfer now? Waiting for the next excuse....

Red
Old 02-01-2013, 07:35 PM
bobcatfreddy

I know Chris as much as you know me, so say if he did recieve it and cashed it then says he lost it,I'm supposed to shell out another $4,000 total $8,000 because YOU said so? I dont think so. He could either resolve this in a resonable fashion or countinue posting that I'm a theive and that Rob helped me and see how far that will take him. I'm NOT here to screw anyone over but I'm not going to get screwed either.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:41 PM
csetting
My Feedback: (5)

Freddy low and inverted has written exactly what i told him to I do not lie. Been way to long i just want my money or airplane back. now!!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Lownverted

I work with Chris every day, and have known him for 25 years, I'm pretty sure he's not the one lying here. If the money order(s) ( not sure which lie to believe here) we're cashed, they have to be signed with ID. That's very easy for the issuing institution to provide. If they haven't been cashed, also very easy for the issuing institution to veryify. Either way, Chris hasn't been paid, it's 3+ months later, you're flying the jet and Chris has nothing. Please post whatever "proof" you think you have.

It's laughable that you insinuate that Chris is the dishonest one here....
Old 02-01-2013, 07:46 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

you can post videos on youtube but you cant post a pic of a money order?
And if i ever send a money order for any value I always send overnight with tracking and signature.
It gets lost, I cancel money order. very easy to do.
you should be able to see if the money order was cashed as well.
I think I would be posting a pic of the money order asap
my view
Scott.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 PM
csetting
My Feedback: (5)

Freddy how was I suppose to try to get your attention I called you time after time no call back i never got to see the money order recites what would you have done ?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:10 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know Chris as much as you know me, so say if he did recieve it and cashed it then says he lost it,I'm supposed to shell out another $4,000 total $8,000 because YOU said so? I dont think so. He could either resolve this in a resonable fashion or countinue posting that I'm a theive and that Rob helped me and see how far that will take him. I'm NOT here to screw anyone over but I'm not going to get screwed either.
It would take the bank about 10minutes to determine if the M.O was cashed and who the money went to. If not cashed, cancel it and pay the man his money. Why has it taken you 3 months of Pi$$ing around? It's your story that doesn't add up here.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.