Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Stolen Jet-Reward offered

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Stolen Jet-Reward offered

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 04:43 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stolen Jet-Reward offered

IF EVERYONE KNOWS THIS BAD GUY>> WHY DONT THEY ALL GO TO HIS HOUSE AND DEMAND THE JET BE GIVEN TO SOMEONE WHO WILL GIVE IT BACK TO THE REAL OWNER AND BAND THE BAD MAN FROM FLYING AT ANY LOCAL FIELDS FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR EVERYONE WRITE TO THE AMA
Old 02-02-2013, 04:43 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Is it even possible to get a single money order for $4000? Everytime i have tried to get one for a large amount they always have limited it to $1000. If this is true everywhere, then its another lie the buyer is trying to play out.

And whatever happened with the paypal route? If the seller didnt want to use it before bc of the fees associated with it, i bet he would be more than willing to lose a hundred bucks in paypal fees now, just so he would have his money.

And IMO by a business accepting a shipment for a "customer", that business owner is "vouching" for that customer and is acting like an escrow service. In order to protect his butt (because he is now involved in this matter) he should of verified that the seller has in fact been paid before releasing the model to the buyer.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:02 AM
BobbyMcGee

ORIGINAL: bobcatfreddy

Lownverted,

You have posted false information regarding Chris R's transactions with me. You have also mentioned Rob Lynch's name that had nothing to do with this, he ONLYEXCEPTEDTHE JET AT HIS STORE FOR INSPECTION on my request..NOT TO VOCHE FOR ME. Chris wanted me to wire the money into his account beforereceivingthe plane. I was not comfortable with that due to the fact that if he kept the money then i wouldn't have anything to fall back on. So i told him that I wouldpay him using Paypalthat way we would both be protected.He did not want me to use Paypal for reasons he knows. I did send him payment in form of amoney orderand also have proof of our conversations via text on my phone with time and dates on how Iattemptedto pay him in two different ways before agreeing to money orders but he refused. Either way the money orders have been reported as lost and is being investigated. You should not post things about people when you don't have the FACTS. I will post pics and copies of the money orders as soon as possible.
Sounds like more lies and BS to me, Freddy. Lost in the mail?!! What a crock! Even if they were 'lost in the mail', that is YOURproblem. Not his. You need to pay for the jet, and YOU wait for 'lost in the mail' money orders to be resolved. Chris should not have to wait for the money orders to be 'found.'

No local bank in your area? More BS!... ANY bank can wire money to another!You know this.Do you think everyone is that dumb to believe that garbage?!??? You have a plumbing business, you know how to wire money or get aCashiers Check.

You make weak and phoney excuses for not paying. You have the money, you can easily pay for the jet. Give the money (CASH) to the guy, or give it to Robbie.
CASH ... CASH ... or get a Cashiers Check, and give to to Robbie so he can get it to the other guy.No one should trustyou to mail it.Three months withoutpaying, and using these BS excusesis UNACCEPTABLE !!!

You fly that jet at the flying fieldin Delray Beach FLnearly every week, and flaunt it as yours. Now we find out that you never paid for it. You're also a member of the club.

What nerve!!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:26 AM
BobbyMcGee

Chris,
Call the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office (PBSO) and ask to speak with a Detective in the Fraud/Robbery/Theft Department. Depending on the Freddy's address, this may fall onto the Boynton Beach Police Dept. PBSO can advise you which police dept will handle it.

From the circumstances described, this is classified as a theft. At this point, even if Freddy pays, it is still considered a theft as long as it is unpaid when you file the report. So file the report today. Thefts result in prison terms of 5 to 10 years.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:30 AM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

Also, How did you ship it? This is also a Federal charge of mail fraud, which carries mandatory jail time.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:32 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Sick em!!!!!

Old 02-02-2013, 05:47 AM
Skyhigh Bev

[color=#FF0099]Good morning Gentlemen,

I just received an email from someone in reference to this link as well as another friend Facebooking me just now about it. While I am not the current President of the local club out at Markham Park (term limits...they can't draft me into service again for a year!!!!) I can say that I do know Robbie Lynch personally and he truly is a 'stand up' man. Forgive me if I can't picture Freddy.... I probably do know him on sight, but I can't place him at the moment.
In response to the email I received, I will have to double check the MPPA roster to see if he is a member of our club. I read an excellent response on this thread from a -JC- (I believe) who suggested that the Bandit be handed over to Robbie for safe keeping while this gets sorted out.
I look at it like this.... If Freddy says the money order was stolen or lost, perhaps he doesn't have an extra $4k to replace it with until the bank straightens this out.... Robbie should hold the jet during that time.
Now before you 'flame' me...... understand that I certainly don't like hearing of anyone who takes advantage of another person or cheats them out of anything. We all fly together at these fields and know each other through our hobby/sport. I prefer to think that we can all hold ourselves to higher standards within our RC community.
If Freddy is flying the jet during this time, I would implore him to please stop and let Robbie hold it. This does not imply guilt of any type, it would show good faith and fair play. Put yourself in the seller's shoes right now. I think you would feel the same way if you were in his position.
Just my thoughts on the subject......
Old 02-02-2013, 05:58 AM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well said Bev
Old 02-02-2013, 05:59 AM
teambutter
My Feedback: (36)

ORIGINAL: BobbyMcGee

Chris,
Call the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office (PBSO) and ask to speak with a Detective in the Fraud/Robbery/Theft Department. Depending on the Freddy's address, this may fall onto the Boynton Beach Police Dept. PBSO can advise you which police dept will handle it.

From the circumstances described, this is classified as a theft. At this point, even if Freddy pays, it is still considered a theft as long as it is unpaid when you file the report. So file the report today. Thefts result in prison terms of 5 to 10 years.
Just curious since you fly at Delray what your real name is? I fly there but don't know anyone by that name. Just curious is all..
Old 02-02-2013, 06:02 AM
BobbyMcGee

Chris,
When you file the report, email (or private message)the case number to me. Also, advise me as to which police depthas jurisdiction. I will then contact the Detective assigned to the case, and make sure this is handled quickly.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:09 AM
sirronald

Two things to remember!!

In God we trust all others pay cash!

From the X files -TRUST NO ONE

go by these and you will be fine!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:12 AM
warbirdfanatic

I'm quite glad the Mods haven't closed this thread yet, I believe as long as it is kept polite etc then it can be resolved.

The main concerns are trust here, a man felt it was safe to send a $4k plane on the proviso that the payment would be made. In the UK we're a little bit tighter with our money and large transactions we usually say 50% payment first and 50% upon delivery. The buyer is definately worming out of this and I don't feel it's necessary for people to be vouching for a class of character as 3 months is purely unacceptable. No excuses gents, $4k in this day and age is a large sum of money to people. If civil enforcement is involved this can get very expensive for Freddy so I would take this whole thread as a hint that the money needs to be sent (unless he's since spanked the money on other items). The jet needs to be returned to a neutral party who will hold it until the mess has been cleared up. If Freddy cannot prove the money was sent / cleared then it needs to be returned.

At the end of the day, you don't just wonder into an Apple store and take a new iMac or Macbook Pro and tell them you're going to pay for it later, this is not how consumerism works is it?

If you were to take out a finance plan and you defaulted on your payments then the bailiffs will be knocking at your door so under no reasons should Freddy be treated any differently. Period.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: warbirdfanatic

I'm quite glad the Mods haven't closed this thread yet, I believe as long as it is kept polite etc then it can be resolved.

The main concerns are trust here, a man felt it was safe to send a $4k plane on the proviso that the payment would be made. In the UK we're a little bit tighter with our money and large transactions we usually say 50% payment first and 50% upon delivery. The buyer is definately worming out of this and I don't feel it's necessary for people to be vouching for a class of character as 3 months is purely unacceptable. No excuses gents, $4k in this day and age is a large sum of money to people. If civil enforcement is involved this can get very expensive for Freddy so I would take this whole thread as a hint that the money needs to be sent (unless he's since spanked the money on other items). The jet needs to be returned to a neutral party who will hold it until the mess has been cleared up. If Freddy cannot prove the money was sent / cleared then it needs to be returned.

At the end of the day, you don't just wonder into an Apple store and take a new iMac or Macbook Pro and tell them you're going to pay for it later, this is not how consumerism works is it?

If you were to take out a finance plan and you defaulted on your payments then the bailiffs will be knocking at your door so under no reasons should Freddy be treated any differently. Period.
Since this has been a problem for some time one would question why the purchaser is flying this jet and video taping it as if nothing is going on. That would bother me and certainly most of us have no clue as to everything that has went on in this matter. I for one would make sure the seller and I come to some agreements on this. Even money orders have receipts!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:09 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar situation years ago with a Paypal transaction. Buyer Paypaled funds & was in a rush to receive the jet. Me being the NY'er that I am, was sceptical of shipping until the funds were cleared & available in my checking account. Good move! I ignored the buyers pressure to ship, so he could have it flight ready by the weekend, & about 5 days later I received an email from Paypal that went something like this "you are the recipient of fraudulent funds, & must try to retrieve your property". Now I accept all forms of payment, personal checks, money orders, IOU's, vouchers from your 2nd grade teacher.. It doesn't matter, but nothing leaves my possession until funds are received & cleared in MY bank. Sucks it has to be that way, but bottom line "Hands up, chin down, PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES". Good luck getting your four grand, this really stinks & I'm sorry you're going through it[]
Old 02-02-2013, 07:27 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

What good will returning the jet to RL do??? The bottom line appears to be that Chris never recieved the funds for his property that he sold to said individual. Money orders are easy to get copies of and verify if cashed... It really appears that the "buyer" in question is pulling a scam.. In the end he will have to pay Chris or face the consequences one way or another..

He has already reduced his reputation to the the bottom layer of a NASCAR race Port a potti... Pay up guy!!

It is really sad to see this sort of thing happen.. I have a few friends in this hobby that have been HUSTLED out of cash, aircraft, etc etc that have never been paid... I personally would have dragged them through the gutter on here and made them pay up.. My friends are a little nicer than myself..

Old 02-02-2013, 08:07 AM
warbirdfanatic

True, I would personally give it to the police to hold onto. At least there's no dirty hands involved there!!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: teambutter

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: teambutter

ORIGINAL: flyinfool1

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Rob needs to make sure his thieving friend pays Chris or pull it out of his own pocket. If I vouch to someone that someone else is ''good for the money'' and they turn out to not be, I feel obligated to make it right. Chris wouldn't have done this otherwise.
I agree.
To be clear, I know nothing about any of the four individuals involved here.
Vouching for someone is about the same as co signing a loan. Not leagaly but at least ethically. At the very minumum since Rob knows Freddie well enough to vouch for him, he should be over at Freddies house and leading him by the hand to the bank to make the wire transfer or collecting the funds from Fredie and personally forwarding them.
Having vouched for a scammer like this also taints Rob to be just as untrustworthy.
Rob does need to get very involved in this to clear his name.
Fairly ignorant comment considering the O.P specifically mentioned Rob was not implicated. Furthermore, you have ZERO knowledge of what the conversation with Robbie entailed. I can say that at no point did Robbie ''vouch'' for Mr. Del Rosario. He was asked if he knew the individual to which he replied that he was a customer of his shop and had always paid his bills and was known to be a local pilot. Your comment above asserts that you have first hand knowledge of Robbie telling the seller that he would stand behind him. That is COMPLETELY false. Your comment saying ''rob is just as untrustworthy'' is nothing short of slander as EVERYONE who knows Robbie can VOUCH for the type of individual he is. Perhaps you may want to rethink your comments.

I don't have a horse in this race and I hope there is an amicable solution for all parties involved, but reading some of these posts certainly compelled me to respond.

Should you have a question or comment you can reach me at 561-301-1861. No keyboard courage here just like seeing fair play.

Michael Abraira

Bottom line don't vouch for someone who is a thief or expect to get some flak about it.
You need to re-read the post. Robbie NEVER vouched for him... PERIOD. So no, he doesn't need any flak. If the scenario were different then perhaps. For the sake of clarity, lets keep this thread to FACTS as in ''I was there when'', not just repeating what you read. Contrary to popular belief, everything on the Internet isn't always right.
Actually he did. He told Chris that "I have Freddy's Hawk here in my shop if anything goes wrong". Chris and Rob have been in contact and of course Rob is gutted. Chris is still out the money though.

Red
Old 02-02-2013, 08:22 AM
f16man

Freddie is all of a sudden very quiet ,,,,,where are ya BOY!!!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:23 AM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

"Chris and said he knew Freddy and would vouch for him"

Unfortunately, that aassurance along with 2 bucks will get you a cheap cup of coffee and that's it.

If you don't get it, vouching for somebody means less than squat.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:23 AM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

RCU buyer rating needs a special identifier reserved for people like this.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Lownverted

Thanks for all the suggestions and support guys. Chris for sure has made a mistake here, and he knows it. He was too trusting and got burned. We all know the excitement that goes along with a new plane, Chris's fault for wanting to share that. He gets it.

As for Rob, Chis holds no ill will. (I sure wouldn't be that patient if $4K was involved!) as far as PayPal, yes fees we're the reason for the hesitation. However all of that has gone out the window as soon as Chris shipped the plane. Wire transfer, Western Union, cashiers check overnight with signature conformation are easy things to do. Loosing a money order(s) is just plain BS. Someone mentioned earlier about the $1k limit. I wasn't going to mention that, suffice it to say it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Lawyers are expensive. The fees won't be coming out of Chris' pocket though...
Old 02-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Paul0088

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally I would travel to collect anything like this and take the cash, you get to see it properly and no lost money or Jet,
If it's too far to travel it isn't worth the time and petrol (gas) money.
Though in the UK traveling to pick something up is not much of a big deal..
Hope you get it sorted soon ..
Old 02-02-2013, 08:52 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

ORIGINAL: Lownverted

Hey Guys,

Not your typical "they broke into my garage and stole my jet" story, but it was stolen nonetheless. I am posting this on behalf of my friend Chris Setting (pictured below) who is a more than capable pilot, but he's not very computer savvy.

Chris advertised his Bandit ARF for sale and was contacted by Freddy Del Rosario. The struck a deal for $4k, less Rx and turbine on Oct 15th . Freddy was in a hurry to receive the jet and wanted to fly it that weekend. Rob Lynch spoke with Chris and said he knew Freddy and would vouch for him. To be clear, Rob is not implicated at all here, just mentioned as a side note to explain why things happened the way that they did.

Freddy was supposed to wire transfer the money on Oct 17th. Since he was in a hurry to fly it, and Rob had vouched for him, Chris agreed to ship immediately the same day as the transfer so Freddy could have it to fly that weekend. He shipped it on the 17th the same day as the transfer was supposed to take place. Chris made a huge mistake here, and he realizes that, but was trusting with Rob's input.

Long story short the transfer or any other paynment never happened. Plenty of excuses "I'm doing a cash deposit, you're bank isn't local to me" blah blah blah. In the mean time Freddy has received the jet, proceeded to fly it for 3+ months and post the videos on youtube, all the while leaving Chris hanging with excuse after pathetic excuse. The latest is that he has "sent a money order" on two separate occasions (which Chris obviously has never received) "somebody has cashed them". Freddy now claims he's out the $4K and will not talk to, respond to emails or correspond in any way with Chris. Chris has been more than patient with with Freddy's excuses & lies because he's way too nice. I was not aware of the situation until today, that's why I'm posting this. As you can see Chris is in a wheel chair, I helped pack the jet to ship .

Video of the stolen jet flying at Markham Park: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-hh9r9Yq6g

Chris is offering a $250 reward to anyone who retrieves his Bandit and drops it off at Rob's shop House of Power Hobbies in Sunrise Florida.

Chris has retained a lawyer, and a police report is being filed in Freddy's jurisdiction. Why post this all here? Simply to warn others in the jet community of this thief so that they won't also get burned, and some small hope that someone in the community can put some pressure on this dirt bag to do the right thing. If anyone has any info, please PM me here.

Thanks
Red
PAY-PAL PAY - PAL PAY - PAL RCU Reminds U that U can trust NO ONE.... LIVEANDLEARN .....
Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Lownverted

Here's Freddy's facebook page, featuring guess which plane? https://www.facebook.com/freddy.delrosario?fref=ts

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...file_name_link

Possible employer? http://www.tropicalplumbing.com/

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15398.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	1847121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97594.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1847122  
Old 02-02-2013, 09:46 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would this be the same Freddy your speaking of? If so mayby he will show up for Florida Jets!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.