Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 01:16 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

ORIGINAL: Falcon 64

Since you are a rep, what is your thoughts about the engine that FEJ offer? 888 USD for an P140 RX.

Nothing to do with it.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:19 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: RCJetBazz

Mr. Jetcat rep, could you be so kind to explain what's that thing hanging at the bottom making it flying so good? lol

Not my airframe... Don't know what that piece is. Don't know what was pushing it either. But it looked nice and flew awesome...

Keep having fun and enjoy this great hobby of ours...
Old 05-11-2013, 01:20 PM
RCJetBazz

Cuttin' ties already? I thought you are formally endorsing FEJ, take a look at your earlier post, with pictures and annoucement to proof your point.

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: Falcon 64

Since you are a rep, what is your thoughts about the engine that FEJ offer? 888 USD for an P140 RX.

Nothing to do with it.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:32 PM
AFTERBURNER1

Funny,,,,,

Not my Jet,,,, But looks awesome

Not my jet,,,, But watched it fly and it flew great.

Nothing to do with FEJ.... Not a rep for them...

This thread has nothing to do with power plants. Everyone has their preference.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you say so.....
I do. By all means, correct me if I'm wrong, though. I'd cheerfully pony up a six-pack for every link to a post by you that was helpful, constructive and informative to a stranger or a newbie.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:45 PM
RCJetBazz

ORIGINAL: dubd

....... I'm not going to let my enthusiasm for rc jets be faltered by FEJ and their reps. This is how I move on... by finishing my Skymaster A-10.

Way to go dubd!

Old 05-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Lil Hoss
My Feedback: (58)

RCJetBazz

Now that is one good looking jet.......

Hoss
Old 05-11-2013, 02:12 PM
PhilYabelli
Banned

There is a big thread over on the other forum, the one about electrics, where you can see undertested Skymaster F-18s losing their tails due to flutter.  Time to boycott Skymaster?  I cannot name that other website here, but you probably know what it is.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:19 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: PhilYabelli

There is a big thread over on the other forum, the one about electrics, where you can see undertested Skymaster F-18s losing their tails due to flutter. Time to boycott Skymaster? I cannot name that other website here, but you probably know what it is.

Up to the victims??
Old 05-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Pondus
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a big thread over on the other forum, the one about electrics, where you can see undertested Skymaster F-18s losing their tails due to flutter. Time to boycott Skymaster? I cannot name that other website here, but you probably know what it is.
Uhmm, no. It was a carbon wing tube failure after a high speed pull-up running on a high power setup. Damage to the tail section of the airplane was collateral damage due to the plane crashing. And Skymaster is on the ball already, sending out new stronger wing tubes to their customers, not exactly how FEJ does business now is it?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:45 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Awesome looking and flys even better.... Oh yeah,,,,, it's a FEJ.

[[img][/img]]

[[img][/img]]
Two really cracking pics.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Pepperpete

Are you kidding? That was the first and only F-18 that had a problem. A wing tube let go on a ballistic overpowered setup.

Personally within a day I got an email from Skymaster letting me know that if I need a solid carbon rod to go inside the current tube (as that's all it needs) they would have it in the mail asap. I'm not even the guy who's jet went down and they contacted me to make sure I was aware of the issue. They are helping Reinhart out already as well with his lost plane.

Instead of talking through your butt, maybe you should get the facts first. So far Skymaster has been a true CLASS ACT about this.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:00 PM
PhilYabelli
Banned

Undertested cheaply built model.  One guy's was so bad, they had to replace it.  Only flown so far by Leibriein, who is a rep and gets these kits to test, but already being sold, and the one model actually flying loses its tail to structural failure.  Different how?
Old 05-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Philyabelli, you're clearly a shill for FEJ.

Now you're trying to cast doubt on a manufacturer that has had problems (who hasn't?) but has stepped up in the customer service department. Anton has been VERY quick to respond to any issues with his company's aircraft, and isn't afraid to admit if something they did hasn't worked out.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:35 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite
Now you're trying to cast doubt on a manufacturer that has had problems (who hasn't?) but has stepped up in the customer service department. Anton has been VERY quick to respond to any issues with his company's aircraft,
Could not agree more. Excellent service after the sale from Anton.

Sluggo
Old 05-12-2013, 12:20 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

Philyabelli, you're clearly a shill for FEJ.

Now you're trying to cast doubt on a manufacturer that has had problems (who hasn't?) but has stepped up in the customer service department. Anton has been VERY quick to respond to any issues with his company's aircraft, and isn't afraid to admit if something they did hasn't worked out.
Care to respond to Doug's post Shill, er, um Phil?

It is proving to be VERY simple to discredit you. You may wanna quit while you're behind.

S
Old 05-12-2013, 01:53 PM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lil Hoss

ORIGINAL: jetnuno

FEJ reply to this thread:

http://www.flyeaglejet.com/en/index%20jet.html

Special offer
Membership buys an JetCat P140RX , can get viper-M special price for $888 usd
(Model with complete landing gear, fuel tanks, tail pipe, hardware package, cockpit detail w/o pilot, pro-extra work done)

Try it at $88 and see if I buy[:'(]
Is it necessery to post this????
This thread is over,,,,,,,
We have read enough bashing.

Hoss

No it isn't necessary. It's useful, though...
Clearly shows the way this company is dealing with us. I often put myself in Dubd shoes (and others like him) and remember - could be me or you.....

From wikipedia - Bashing is a harsh, gratuitous, prejudicial attack on a person, group, or subject.

Who is bashing who?

I'm not buying it for $8
Old 05-12-2013, 02:28 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

I am! That's a great buy!! And with some work it will last a long time!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:36 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Agreed, nice A10!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:40 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm just posting here to get the "RE:[Deleted]" reset. Hopefully as this moves forward it will all be ok now!!

ken
Old 05-13-2013, 04:54 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: RCKen

I'm just posting here to get the ''RE:[Deleted]'' reset. Hopefully as this moves forward it will all be ok now!!

ken
Nope still getting RE:[Deleted]
Old 05-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Falcon 64

I just can`t imagine how Dantey could be left out a new F-14 from FEJ.. They still have a promise of an "rebuild", on their site, fully public and the promise to every jet-modeller visiting FEJ. Rebuild for them is a new one.
Despite their lack of communication here and directly to him, I`m confident with another try for him.
But also understand why the factory never chimed in here. But they should be in close contact with Dantley..
That would scale this earthquace down to a gently 4 instead of a leathal 9.

Another thing would be if Dantley would reject the offer, of course...

Some would say FEJ have done many strange things, other will say they have done nothing at all.
I say they will give him another Tomcat, free of charge, and adapt.

Yes, I like the FEJ models, and don`t want a campaign against a competitor in this game, to die. Their level is too high, my oppinion..
Adapt & learn is what every one does, they might need some adjustments, and I think they are doing just that.

So if we could accept that and give them a little room here, give some time to tumble around, I`m pretty sure we`ll see this thing never again from FEJ. I think these days was a big X! in the ceiling for many facturers. I surely hope so..

We`ll see. What goes around, comes around so to say..

Old 05-14-2013, 07:33 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

I have talked with FEJ and they say they will NOT respond to any bad mouthing, bashing, or any other kind of bad behavior people. They were working with him UNTIL he went to the forums. I understand what they are saying and I wouldn't either. So to say they are NOT trying to help is a FLAT OUT LIE!! Nothing else, no other saying, nothing....... But as he has stated MANY times... He NO longer want anything from them, so why is the thread still running?? It is ALL done and over with, Well except for the thread vultures.... I will keep flying mine and keep the MAINTENANCE up on it!CHEERS!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88804.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	1881894  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:43 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

I have talked with FEJ and they say they will NOT respond to any bad mouthing, bashing, or any other kind of bad behavior people. They were working with him UNTIL he went to the forums. I understand what they are saying and I wouldn't either. So to say they are NOT trying to help is a FLAT OUT LIE!! Nothing else, no other saying, nothing....... But as he has stated MANY times... He NO longer want anything from them, so why is the thread still running?? It is ALL done and over with, Well except for the thread vultures.... I will keep flying mine and keep the MAINTENANCE up on it!CHEERS!!
First of all, the thread did not start out as bad mouthing, bashing, or bad behavior. FEJ saying they were working with me is a lie. I posted the thread 4 days after the crash because the factory told the reps that the crash was a result of my electronics. I asked the reps if FEJ can provide some transparency into how they were investigating the crash. No response. The reps offered me a discount of 27% on a plane and said that was all they can do. A week after the crash, a respected pilot called the rep and suggested that they replace my airframe. Within hours the rep called me and then offered me a plane in exchange for me removing this thread.

This thread had fallen off the home screen and because you're a genius you brought it back to the top. I said I am done with this topic, but if you keep talking about conversations you were not included in then I will continue posting here.

If you think FEJ is telling the truth about helping me, then ask them to post the emails to this thread that shows that the factory was trying to help. I have record of every email to and from the factory and text messages from the rep to show otherwise. If you think they are so truthful, why are they saying they are helping me to rebuild another plane on their site, when they have never offered to do so?
Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Hmmmm....so who do we believe?

Just a hunch here, but I'm going with Dantley...again, just a hunch.

Sluggo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.