Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 04:22 PM
PhilYabelli
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Some of those planes may come in at under 55. Most will not. The F14, no way.
ORIGINAL: Area51.5

I never even thought about this part, so from what is said above anyone flying the large f-14s, 18s, 15, and 16s should be on the LM list?
Old 05-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Area51.5

So im guessing there should be a lot more jets on the list. I have never really checked weight and just always went with factory specs.
ORIGINAL: quist

I never even thought about this part, so from what is said above anyone flying the large f-14s, 18s, 15, and 16s should be on the LM list?
If they are over 55lbs full of fuel and smoke oil (if you have smoke), yes they need to be inspected and paperwork sent to the AMA.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:53 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If they are over 55lbs full of fuel and smoke oil (if you have smoke), yes they need to be inspected and paperwork sent to the AMA.
They must be "self inspected" correct? From what I have heard there is a lot of ambiguity in the new weight rules which can be interpreted differently by different people.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:02 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

No, inspected by an AMA LMA inspector.
Scott
Old 05-29-2013, 05:22 PM
smitty1001
My Feedback: (29)

ORIGINAL: tamjets
No thanks...selling kit is bunch of headache and babysit bunch cry baby don't know how to do things right.
Been there done that.
OUCH TAM!?!?!

Can someone local help? He's OBVIOUSLY out of beer!

Old 05-29-2013, 05:31 PM
ChrisPetersen
My Feedback: (3)

No according to AMA LTMA-1 "guidelines for large model inspection page 6, sec a the Aircraft should be inspected by the owner "or" an LMAI.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:35 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: smitty1001

No thanks...selling kit is bunch of headache and babysit bunch cry baby don't know how to do things right.
Been there done that.
OUCH TAM!?!?!

Can someone local help? He's OBVIOUSLY out of beer! [img][/img]

No joke. Every week still deal with it. You don't get back to them few days. It on here where is Tam..
I had guys even bug me on the weekend for support. I try to help. They don't understand how to do it. Start act like a kid and said things should said. I told him good luck. Now he email me everyday to appoligize for his bad behavior and need help.
I just put him to my less important person lists.

I told myself don't care what anyone thinks. I had done my service. If they want more. Good luck.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:41 PM
tamjets

ORIGINAL: smaze17

ORIGINAL: RCJetBazz

ORIGINAL: RCJetBazz

I am sure your pivot point location has good merit, but to assume that is the ONLY cause of their failure is ridiculous, let alone thinking that is a contribution to FEJ who doesn't listen to anyone.
To judge your fellow modeler's voicing isn't exactly high class itself.

Put yourself to they level is not make yourself look any better.
I had mention very early on these thread.
Let them fall on their own.
You don't need to push them over the cliff.
Is not make you any better person in my opinion.
I do give respect to those willing to share and help other modelers that still had this kit looking for help to fix the problem.
But not supporting using RCU to shut them down.
Is just low class.
That is truth...there is many things lead to cause the crash.
If you want me to discuss things can done better that can safe this crash. I can write a long lists of things to do and not to do.
But most of you more intersted to shut FEJ down than listen to those had built 100 jets succes flight.
No need at all, much has already been discussed, you won't contribute anything that hasn't already been dicussed. If anything I encourage Tam Jets to increase your line of models for the market.

Been there done that.
This is how you felt about your customers who purchased your airframes?
Read many pages back.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:46 PM
RonTins

ORIGINAL: smitty1001

Been there done that.
OUCH TAM!?!?!

Can someone local help? He's OBVIOUSLY out of beer! [img][/img]

+1 lol
Old 05-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^

I'll FedEx a case of beer, tequila, or whiskey to you, Tam.

Sounds like this guy is driving you mad.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:48 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: ChrisPetersen

No according to AMA LTMA-1 ''guidelines for large model inspection page 6, sec a the Aircraft should be inspected by the owner ''or'' an LMAI.
By Owner = Self inspected. Correct.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:51 PM
tamjets

Just share the pain with hobby business. It s very normal and been doing over 20 years. Nothing new. Always new one come alone act like spend money and think you owe them life support.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:52 PM
smitty1001
My Feedback: (29)

He's alright now guys... resting comfortably
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82185.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	1886906  
Old 05-29-2013, 06:01 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

They must be ''self inspected'' correct? From what I have heard there is a lot of ambiguity in the new weight rules which can be interpreted differently by different people.
Any model over 55lbs wet must be inspected and have the paperwork sent to the AMA. If it is over 35kg 77.? lbs, the model must be inspected by an LMA inspector.

On an aircraft between 55 and 77lb wet the model may be inspected by the builder/owner of the model, but it still must be flown in front of a CD, leader member or LMA inspector. They will sign off that you flew the plane, and the plane performed as expected and the pilot performed as expected.

Pilot proficiency is a very important part of the sign off flights.

Any pilot that wants to be involved with large aircraft should become familiar with AMA DOC 520A.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:34 PM
PhilYabelli
Banned

And Dantley did none of these?Thus endangering our hobby?

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

They must be ''self inspected'' correct? From what I have heard there is a lot of ambiguity in the new weight rules which can be interpreted differently by different people.
Any model over 55lbs wet must be inspected and have the paperwork sent to the AMA. If it is over 35kg 77.? lbs, the model must be inspected by an LMA inspector.

On an aircraft between 55 and 77lb wet the model may be inspected by the builder/owner of the model, but it still must be flown in front of a CD, leader member or LMA inspector. They will sign off that you flew the plane, and the plane performed as expected and the pilot performed as expected.

Pilot proficiency is a very important part of the sign off flights.

Any pilot that wants to be involved with large aircraft should become familiar with AMA DOC 520A.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:38 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Just share the pain with hobby business. It s very normal and been doing over 20 years. Nothing new. Always new one come alone act like spend money and think you owe them life support.
LOL.... how much extra does life support cost? does it involve free tamjet parts? lol
Old 05-29-2013, 09:44 PM
GhostRider 1

Tam,

We all know that you have been making quality pipes for many years, (i own 3 of them)lets say you have a brain storm and come up with a new material to build your pipes. It is cheaper, stronger, lighter and easier to work with. You sell your new and improved pipe and before you know it they are collapsing like a house of cards in a monsoon. Do you replace the pipe, plane, equipment or give your customers the finger and say better luck next time?
Old 05-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Tam is not the issue here.
You all know Tam makes top quality products weather it be the best pipes or the best Super Hornet. Give the guy a break. We shouldn't b beating up a bloke who is at the top of his game in terms of product quality and customer support.

Levi
Old 05-30-2013, 12:27 AM
Jgwright

Good point. In my experience ANY twin with P160 size engines will be over your weight limit of 55 lbs wet especially if you have large tanks in them. Large planes like the FB T33 the large 1:3.5 scale Hawks are also likely to be over the weight limit espcially if fitted with motors over 160 size. The builder/owner/pilot should carefully weigh models as they are being fitted out. They always turn out heavier than expected. In the UK it is a very serious matter if anyone flies a plane over the weight limit without following the LMA rules. In Germany I believe the organisers at JetPower last year actually weighed large models and checked them against the declared weights before allowing them to fly. You cannot just rely on the manufacturers saying they can be built under the limit. In the UK we have to log a minimum of 6 flights and 1 hour witnessed flying with planes over 20 Kg. This takes a while to organise and if the flights are shorter as they were in my case then it needs more flights to get to the 1 hours flying time. If the plane is over the next weight limit the number of flights/time goes up. During the witnessed flights the plane has to do the normal routine for a plane of the type, for fighters, aerobatics, rolls loops etc as well as slow manoeuvres and investigating the stall characteristics. This hopefully prevents a large model being displayed in public having a problem.

If I was running an event I too would weigh models and not let any over the weight limits fly without the correct paperwork.

John
Old 05-30-2013, 12:51 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Self inspected?!? What's the point ....

Me : "Right, this big old heap of junk is over 55lbs. Best inspect it for safety"
Me : "Hmmm, that's a bit dodgy but will be OK"
Me : "Hmmm, never really liked it like that but it shouldn't fail"
Me : "Oh, forgot about that. Never mind, nobody will see it"
Me : "Cool. Passed. Right, off to fly at that big event infront of hundreds of members of the public...."

Sounds crazy. As John said, in the UK over 44lbs dry and we have to go through the LMA (large model association) scheme with inspections, flight witnesses and paperwork submited and stamped by the CAA (equivalent to your FAA).
Old 05-30-2013, 01:44 AM
ceffi

In Germany I believe the organisers at JetPower last year actually weighed large models and checked them against the declared weights before allowing them to fly
not only JetPower.
Normaly your model will be weighed also before starting German Masters.
If the model is more than 25kg, you get no permission to start.
Also our model flields in Germany have normaly a limit of 25kg.

Christian
Old 05-30-2013, 09:50 AM
GhostRider 1

I know Tam is not the issue, and I am not trying to make him the issue. All I am asking is, how would he handle the exact question I askedseeing how he has been in business for over 20yrs, has agreat reputationand he is very opinionated about this whole FEJ thing.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:10 AM
RCJetBazz

Nor do I want to make him the issue Ghostrider, but I believe you do have a valid question for Tam. Further, what I can't agree is how he was trying to shut dubd up. I believe as long as FEJ has not corrected the situation and the dubd hasn't violated RCU rule, then it is all up to dubd. IMHO The worst thing you could do is to take away his voice. btw, your business in this hobby for 20 years doesn't mean that you are right.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:24 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

ORIGINAL: GhostRider 1

I know Tam is not the issue, and I am not trying to make him the issue. All I am asking is, how would he handle the exact question I askedseeing how he has been in business for over 20yrs, has agreat reputationand he is very opinionated about this whole FEJ thing.
Tamjets has not been in business for 20 years. Not even close.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:52 AM
tamjets

YOU guys just care have fun trolling and bashing each other.
The days that you all lost the previlage to play this toys. You goes to facebook cry why we lost it.
You thinks just though about this.
Many doesn't put their voice here had the same concern.
Just few worm can cause a lot trouble for everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.