Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 12:13 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Your crazy Tam! Not crazy in a bad way! good crazy. crazy about this and its very important to you. I think its important to all of us.
I can see your upset about the matter. I don't think I understand completely.
Making all this go away benefits who? everyone or just FEJ?
Sorry buddy, I wasnt trying to be rude!
Scott
Old 05-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Falcon 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something hurted Tam, not a good feeling... :-(
Old 05-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: tamjets

YOU guys just care have fun trolling and bashing each other.
The days that you all lost the previlage to play this toys. You goes to facebook cry why we lost it.
You thinks just though about this.
Many doesn't put their voice here had the same concern.
Just few worm can cause a lot trouble for everyone.
+1 They just don't get it

Old 05-30-2013, 01:15 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: jetpilot

Your crazy Tam! Not crazy in a bad way! good crazy. crazy about this and its very important to you. I think its important to all of us.
Scott
I think Tam is upset because it makes the Jet pilots look dangerous. Whenever you start bashing in a public forum, you give anyone that hates jets more reason to hate jets. When we don't follow our guidelines it makes jet pilots look irresponsible. We are living in a time of great scrutiny, and in this forum we are our own worst enemy.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Falcon 64

A dark rainbow displayed..
It comes nothing good out of it, other than been there, done that, knowing things now we didn`t know before.
But THAT`s a good thing!

Old 06-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Enjoy Flying

Totally agree with you. Yep, posting pics of their workers is reaally low class.. I think the jet itself is for fun, why it makes so unrested, unhappy or even a mess. All of us should think about it,like how to improve it or how it make it better.
ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: tamjets

Nope never defense FEJ. I had even give my opinion and support. I don't give a crap with you thinks about me. Been in this hobby long enough and see both side.
Like I said. The problem well address and everyone awareness situtation.
This thread refresh every 5 minutes for last 6 weeks is only for one purpose.
To shut FEJ down for good.
Kept going...you guys do great jobs.

Just too bad if they shut down.
a lost for those had kit later can't get parts.
A lost for those still had deal pending with them.
A lost for those just spend $$$$ now can even sell it for a penny on the dollars.

And last....which one of you give inside how to improve add safety to this FEJ for the fellow modelers had this kits.
At least I try...any of you try?
Modelers should help other modelers.
But I see a lot bashing to other modelers that own FEJ.
Was Ali name got drag into it too.
This is suck guys.
+1

I have seen plenty fly eagle airframes fly very well with no issues. All these threads have done is devalued everyone who owns a FEJ aircrafts resale value... If they go out of business there will be many many fellow modelers unable to order or purchase replacement parts. Let alone the the individuals that work at the factory that have nothing to do with the designing, building etc etc of these products. Moms, dads, children etc etc out of a job.... Be proud...

In addition,,,

Posting ad libs on top of their company photo and making fun of the way some of the women look?

Low class...

And no,,,,,,, I don't own a FEJ anything ......

Old 06-01-2013, 02:02 AM
Falcon 64

A big +1 !
Old 06-01-2013, 02:21 AM
RonTins

Scott
I agree with you Scott. Critiquing a product constructive generally leads to a change or improvement later on down the road. I don't get it when people come here complaining that all this is enough. If you are tired of reading this thread, don't read it then. SIMPLE as THAT!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:30 AM
RCJetBazz

ORIGINAL: RonTins

Scott
I agree with you Scott. Critiquing a product constructive generally leads to a change or improvement later on down the road. I don't get it when people come here complaining that all this is enough. If you are tired of reading this thread, don't read it then. SIMPLE as THAT!
+1

Old 06-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Falcon 64

ORIGINAL: RCJetBazz

ORIGINAL: RonTins

Scott
+1

Lightyears from wanting a major Jet- manufacturer to die, which almost about half this thread is about.
You can say what you want, but our scene would be much poorer without FEJ.
And without Tam as a fellow in this forum too..
Old 06-02-2013, 08:58 PM
rctech2k7
My Feedback: (1)

Lots of thoughts here and I can't imagine someone finds their reason to attack including dubd in spite of what his going through. They usually step to a higher surface to be on the top and lift those on the bottom. I found infos here helpful if we are concern about the benefits in general. It's more than just precaution but to make our model aircraft better and safer. I hope that the manufacturer see this as their advantage to cope up with the loss and win the challenge by giving their client the quality and service they are looking for. By this they will win the market.

Life adversity strikes in so many ways. Maybe someone survive the model crash but needs to undergone pain caused by some people we don't expect with. It's hard but I don't want to say against to anyone as it's written "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Usually for people who earned their knowledge, skills or profession and who gain their experience has a better understanding but still anyone can be carried out by their emotion. The real fighter in life with God is a stronghold stand all these. Remember this experience makes you a better person...
Old 06-03-2013, 11:58 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I showed my support at Topgun for big D
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25661.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	1888584  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:43 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not personally involved with FEJ as a customer or as a rep but this discussion has made me rethink my own scratch build design. Have I thoroughly thought out all the design decisions from a safety standpoint??

All along I have planned to test fly my project at a remote site away from spectators with a very limited audience of help.

After reading this thread about problems with a “factory†built design I now have planed a more extensive test flight program at the remote site before I ever fly at a local model field or event.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:43 AM
bigbaggy

Are they still coming out with the 1/6 scale F-14? I bet there chances of flutter the 1/6 scale would be about the same as the sun rise in the east. LOL
There is allot of engineering that has to be done before these are ready for prime time.. Mine aint ready thats for sure.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:53 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigbaggy

Are they still coming out with the 1/6 scale F-14? I bet there chances of flutter the 1/6 scale would be about the same as the sun rise in the east. LOL
There is allot of engineering that has to be done before these are ready for prime time.. Mine aint ready thats for sure.
Good questions!

I for one and making damn sure my F14 project is testsd properly before it ever leaves the ground.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:01 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigbaggy

Actually, I think the chances of flutter in an FEJ jet are much more likely than the sun rising each morning!
Old 06-08-2013, 06:01 AM
Falcon 64

Actually, I think the chances for NOT to flutter is the same as betting the sun to come up.
But it depends if you choose to walk the line without making the precautions needed on the model, or not.
Everything in life is a choice, this includes our hobby

Old 06-08-2013, 06:06 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Falcon 64

Actually, I think the chances for NOT to flutter is the same as betting the sun to come up.
But it depends if you choose to walk the line without making the precautions needed on the model, or not.
Everything in life is a choice, this includes our hobby

Precautions were taken on a number of large HC FEJ planes and they still self destructed in the air. Come back and talk about your experience after you've built and flown a FEJ HC F-14. Perhaps you can get FEJ to itemize all the precautions that you are referring to and communicate those precautions to their customers before the next inevitable flutter related crash and subsequent thread.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:22 AM
Falcon 64

And which precautions was that?
You say Tomcats have downed after balancing stabs?
Old 06-08-2013, 06:54 AM
dubd

1.) Balance stabs
2.) Drill holes as close to servo shaft as possible in elevator arms.
3.) Reinforce all HC bulkheads with carbon fiber on both sides
4.) Open up stab and reinforce bolts that go into pivot shaft to prevent honeycomb from crushing.
5.) Reinforce elevator mounting bulkhead with aluminum to prevent honeycomb from crushing.

All of these things should be made clear in a manual (which does not exist) and new bulkheads should be sent out to every owner of a FEJ HC plane free of charge. Free touch up paint should be sent to every owner to repair stabs since they need to be cut open and reinforced.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:08 AM
dubd

Falcon64, you have been asking what customers can do. How about what the manufacturer can do? They design and manufacture the product and it is much easier form them to make these changes before the plane leaves their factory.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Falcon 64

I agree totally to that list, but I understand it still is a problem with flutter.
And that I refuse to believe.
So damn sure, that if someone here had the Tomcat, and I could be there when doing an "overspeed" after the "precautions" ie to your list, I would pay IT ALL if it went down. Every penny of it! Without the joy to actually own it myself.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Rush!

+infinity. It is not for us to do these things but for the factory.

Honestly.... Your fixation on flutter is @!?@@@!? See the forest from the trees. It is NOT THE ISSUE!

Dead horse...

ORIGINAL: dubd

Falcon64, you have been asking what customers can do. How about what the manufacturer can do? They design and manufacture the product and it is much easier form them to make these changes before the plane leaves their factory.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Falcon 64

Of course...!
I mean it for those who allready has one, Rush..
Old 06-08-2013, 09:41 AM
bigbaggy

Falcon I am not trying to dampen your enthusiasm about balancing the stab but what about the areoelastcity of the fuselage? Once the stab flutter is taken care of what about the verticle stabs?
What is the resonant frequency of the horizontal stab once it does start to flutter? What load can the stock stab mount take before it flexes and induces its own flutter? The alum they use would not be ranked as optimum if you know what I mean. Mine was attached to a less than stout bulkhead. The wood eventually compressed and the mount itself became loose causing play and that was just sitting on the bench. I put carbon fiber plate on the backside fo the bulkhead but that only solves the problem for awhile...
Lets assume the stabs are flutter free the airplane is in a dive 60 degrees nose low 200 mph the racetrack pattern determines a rolling pull.... no ailerons... the twisting moment on the aft section is ???? Large
The fuselages were tweaked on the real ones due the the twisting moment created by the stabs..
My point... more to the equation than simple balancing. These things are probably safe in you limit them to 60 degress AOB and 2 gs and say 120 max but that is not how most will fly them....
The stabs create a rolling moment and the wings are trying to dampen it unless the model is rigged with spoilers, this isn't your typical flying stab rig..
my 2 cents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.