Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Upgrade!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 06:39 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I like the old look better!
Old 08-06-2013, 07:38 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why do I have to log in every time I come back in ?? It shows that I am signed in... Help.

Dan M.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:38 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ira d
My forums feature is also not working.
Click on "My Forums" and it should bring up a listings of Subscribed threads with new posts. Scroll down below this and you should see the list of all the forums you are subscribed to.

Try this and let me know if you've found them.

Ken
Old 08-06-2013, 07:55 PM
BoomerSooner
My Feedback: (80)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do I get the pics to show without having to click on a link? I just want the pics to be visible in the threads?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:45 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Nevermind, RCU is amazing, I keep forgetting personal opinion is only allowed here if it meets the masses regardless of if things work or not. Cya RCU......

Last edited by LGM Graphix; 08-06-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:08 PM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Any software guy will tell you that he'd rather start with a clean sheet than deal with someone else's rats nest. Think of that Hawk that you were trying to paint and no matter what you did to the surface prep, the paint finish just came up crap. There ya go....
Old 08-06-2013, 09:21 PM
iiievolution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't see who is online now or see who is viewing a certain thread. I used to like that. Is this going to be available again? Also the ease of use of the pictures and being able to see the pictures without having to click on a link was one of the best things on RCU.

Paul
Old 08-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Jim Cattanach

What a performance to eventually get logged in. It's too much to bother with.
I think more work is needed on this new version. Either that or return to the old one.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:58 AM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

This is an upgrade???????
It took 6 attempts to get logged in. Every time I tried to log in it showed I was logged in. But I was unable to post replies, because it said I wasn't logged in. It finally started working on it's own.
The My Forums function does not work at all.
Where did my avatar go?
Old 08-07-2013, 02:05 AM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Gary,

Clear your cache or reset safari if you are using a mac then it should work. I had the same problem and reset safari fixed the problem (cleared cookies and cache)

Please tell me this is not the new improved version of RCU.......it is a shocker! Layout is way too spaced and it seems a lot of the old good features are not on here. The old version is a lot more compact and easy to read. Please bring back the old version!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 02:13 AM
grbaker

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I am unable to clear my cache on this machine at work.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:16 AM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Come on RCU. Old version was heaps better.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:36 AM
Gonzalo38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having big problems to log in. Has taken me more than 10 attempts. The if I get out of the page, I have to go through the whole process again. I have deleted all cookies and history to see if this helps....... but it hasn't made a difference.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:45 AM
mitchilito

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

[h=2]QUOTE:
RE: Upgrade![/h]
"Ok guys, we are going to try this again this weekend. Last weekend they ran into issues migrating attachments over to the new system, so they had to stop and continue this next weekend. I got a message from the staff at IB and they informed me that they are well on their way to getting all the attachments migrated, so we're hoping that the next step will finally get us to where we need to be. The plan is to once again take the RCU forums to "read only" at 12 pm Central time tomorrow, August 2nd, and this will continue until Monday August 5th. During this time the you will not be able to post to an existing thread, start a new thread, edit existing post, send or answer PM's, or change your user settings.

Trust me here guys, nobody wants to see the light at the end of this tunnel more than I do, so I do feel your pain. I'm hoping that this will be the last time and that come Monday we will be up on vBulletin!!!!

If you have any questions about this over the weekend you can email me here: [email protected]

Ken"

END QUOTE

I hated the new format till I read this. If everybody read this I think it would cut down on the sniveling.

PS. I still hate the new format but at least I understand why now.

Last edited by mitchilito; 08-07-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:55 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It seems like rcKen has something against me. I posted yesterday and this moderator
apparently deleted my post, although I was trying to throw the towel for rcuniverse.
If this is some kind of discrimination, you must have the GUTS to tell it to me.
I'm a 64 year old hobbyist and surgeon. I've been in this hobby more time than you.
So come out and express yourself.
Most probably I'll cancel my account.
hmarmaizmd717
Old 08-07-2013, 05:56 AM
5skyhawk172

test
Old 08-07-2013, 06:18 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RCKen
Click on "My Forums" and it should bring up a listings of Subscribed threads with new posts. Scroll down below this and you should see the list of all the forums you are subscribed to.

Try this and let me know if you've found them.

Ken
My forums still not working.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:30 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by iiievolution
You can't see who is online now or see who is viewing a certain thread. I used to like that. Is this going to be available again? Also the ease of use of the pictures and being able to see the pictures without having to click on a link was one of the best things on RCU.

Paul
All of these are on the list to be taken care of. The issues with the images is being worked on and should be taken care of before too long. We will change the settings today that will allow you to see who is viewing a forum/thread.

Ken
Old 08-07-2013, 06:32 AM
iiievolution

Thanks Ken. Im sure you will work out all the creases soon. Paul
Old 08-07-2013, 06:41 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by Craig B.
Hi Gary,

Clear your cache or reset safari if you are using a mac then it should work. I had the same problem and reset safari fixed the problem (cleared cookies and cache)

Please tell me this is not the new improved version of RCU.......it is a shocker! Layout is way too spaced and it seems a lot of the old good features are not on here. The old version is a lot more compact and easy to read. Please bring back the old version!!!!!!!
What features in the old system are you looking for that you say aren't here?? I understand that things are a bit different on this new software, but most of the features from the old software are here in this new software but may just be in a different place. This new software has features that the old RCU didn't have and never would.

I know you guys are a bit frustrated with this upgrade. And trust me, nobody is more frustrated than I am. I have had to deal with just about every problem that you all have as well. So I do feel your pain. But in the long run I'm sure this is going to be a good thing for RCU. Going back to the "old RCU software" would be the worst of all possible solutions. And here's why. The software system that RCU used to be on was not supported at all. In fact, the company that initially wrote the software went out of business years ago. By the time they went out of business Marc had modified the software so much that he was able to maintain the software himself. And in the long run this was actually a problem, as the software got to be so patched, customized, and modified that it was very fragile. When IB purchased RCU they found out just how fragile the software was as whenever they would try to do something in the software somewhere else in the software would "break" and things would quit working. So going back really isn't an option right now.

As far as the way things look, we can tweak that along the way. Fielding a software of this magnitude is an ongoing process and we'll work to get things optimized so they are the best that they can be.

The staff of IB is working as hard as they can to get all the bugs worked out of the system and get everything working. I understand these are frustrating for everybody. I am going to send a new message to them and let them know that the login issues need to be fixed first. Trust me, I know the problem as it took me a bit to get logged in on this laptop.

Ken
Old 08-07-2013, 07:02 AM
rcjetsaok

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The question still remains.. What is going on with the Log In ??? Everytime I come back I have to log in.. So I click on " Log IN " and it takes me to my profile page where it says I am logged in. If I click " Log out " it goes to a page that says " Page not found " I go back and try to post on threads and it says I have to log in... I then click on " Register " and enter my User/Password there and I finally get on. I do not understand this at all.. Please help me understand this. How can it recognize me and go to MY profile page and yet I'm not logged on ??? How do it know ????

Danno
Old 08-07-2013, 07:09 AM
BoomerSooner
My Feedback: (80)

Yep login issues going on with me too. I think the pics not being able to be seen in the threads without clicking on a link is the most annoying part of this so far. Also, I used to do a google search for images then would click on the google link to to the thread on RCU. That doesn't work any more. I just get a page not found error.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:26 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by rcjetsaok
The question still remains.. What is going on with the Log In ??? Everytime I come back I have to log in.. So I click on " Log IN " and it takes me to my profile page where it says I am logged in. If I click " Log out " it goes to a page that says " Page not found " I go back and try to post on threads and it says I have to log in... I then click on " Register " and enter my User/Password there and I finally get on. I do not understand this at all.. Please help me understand this. How can it recognize me and go to MY profile page and yet I'm not logged on ??? How do it know ????

Danno
yes, they are working on fixing the login issues. I just got an email from the programmer telling me that he is working on this issue now.

Ken
Old 08-07-2013, 07:28 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by iiievolution

Paul
Paul, this function is enabled and is not working. However, instead of being at the top of the page like it was in the old system it's now down below the thread/forum listing. If you scroll down you should see who's viewing the thread or forum.

Ken
Old 08-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Gary Arthur

Default Log in issues

I am having horrendous issues logging in. I tried to clear my cookies and cache but it still does not work. I will be logged in on one page, then not on another. When I click on the log in buttom, it takes me to my profile page and says that I am logged in.

I also access RCU from multiple computers. Some of them I do not have access to clear the cookies or cache.

If I need to clear cookies and cache it also affects all other sites that I visit. Many of those I do not wish to clear.

Is there a better solution to this log in problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.