Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What do you think of the new site

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

What do you think of the new site

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 07:52 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this thread a "what can be fixed/made better" or just a ***** outlet that RCU won't look at or consider for changes?

Serious question....
Old 08-20-2013, 08:14 PM
EscapeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Delete...

Last edited by EscapeFlyer; 08-20-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Too snarky
Old 08-21-2013, 04:33 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sideshow
Is this thread a "what can be fixed/made better" or just a ***** outlet that RCU won't look at or consider for changes?

Serious question....
I would say that depends on the quality of the posts here.. If people take the time to post intelligent constructive comments / identify legitimate problems clearly or make reasonable suggestions and requests then I am sure RCU will take these into consideration.

The people that post things like "it sucks" "it blows" "hate it" etc.. will probably get the response those comments deserve.. IE none.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:59 AM
Robrow

Is anybody receiving their daily forum subscription?

Rob.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:21 AM
AMA 74894

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sideshow

Serious question....
have a browse through the 13 (so far) pages... RCU and IB are definitely looking at these comments, suggestions AND complaints
and fixing (where and when they can) and responding.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:27 AM
AMA 74894

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Robrow
Is anybody receiving their daily forum subscription?

Rob.
I know there are still active email issues being worked and resolved... seems some are getting too many emails, some are getting none.
check this thread,
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...m-here-34.html
post #842 and #847

hope that helps!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:57 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a specific issue it is best reported via the link at the very top of the page. eg disappearing location data.

If it is a more general point especially if it is one that you might want discussed such as the font size then here is good. The mods will read it and the tech guys will also drop in from time to time.

Comments such as "It sucks" that have no constructive value can only be ignored.

However "It sucks because all the pictures are upside down " will get some attention.

My personal view is that things are getting better. The site is fast. Login is sorted. Pictures seem to be sorted at last.. But my email in box is still full of unwanted subscriptions despite my all my attempts to turn them off.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:17 AM
BadSplice

Is anything going to change about the appearance of the site? If it goes like this much longer enough people will end up getting used to this that then they'll be upset when it changes again. I have already seen a few comments about forgetting the old site and getting used to this.

The redundant control bars at the top of the page, and the dark blue bars in the threads especially. I know things like the email issues are pressing, but seeing even some small change made on the looks of the site would make me really happy. I have seen numerous comments trashing the new look and wishing for the old back. Would it be that hard to take just a minute and change a couple of easy things to make it look better?
Old 08-21-2013, 07:25 AM
Terry Holston

I like the fact that they at least made the font 1pixel bigger, Good job. I can bold it myself if I have to ...............LOL
Old 08-21-2013, 07:30 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

How about an option to hide the sub forums at the top of the page, I never use the subforums, and if I really want them, I can find them, it would be nice to be able to at least minimize them so the first 1/3 of the page isn't pointless space that you have to scroll past. It's not a big deal on a PC, but it really sucks on my phone or the tablet.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:30 AM
LGM Graphix

And the ability to click back to the Jet forum at the bottom of a page without having to scroll all the way back to the top would be awfully convenient.....
Old 08-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Terry Holston

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
And the ability to click back to the Jet forum at the bottom of a page without having to scroll all the way back to the top would be awfully convenient.....
I have been saying that since day ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:36 AM
LGM Graphix

Originally Posted by Terry Holston
I have been saying that since day ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
I know, I've seen you say it many times, just thought if somebody else said it too they might pay attention.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:42 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When I posted that they said to use the top button on the bottom of the page.

Mike
Old 08-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Terry Holston

Originally Posted by BaldEagel
When I posted that they said to use the top button on the bottom of the page.

Mike
But then you still gotta use the RCJETS button at the top, that's 2 clicks to get where you wanna be.............Multiply that by how ever many threads you look at, and blisters start to form on you finger tips......
Old 08-21-2013, 07:49 AM
LGM Graphix

LOL, so scroll even further down to a bar that I didn't even know existed instead of scroll all the way back up........ Makes it just as logical for mobile devices except then my big fat fingers have to try to attempt pushing a tiny tiny little link twice instead of just once haha. I know it seems lazy to not want to push two buttons, but at the end of the day, I don't really need to come to RCU, so the less user friendly it is, the less likely it will be that I'd surf here, I'm not on a PC that often these days, and when it's a pain to use with my phone, not to mention that every incorrect tap on a link uses up more of my data package, it becomes less worthwhile to be here.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Terry Holston

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
LOL, so scroll even further down to a bar that I didn't even know existed instead of scroll all the way back up........ Makes it just as logical for mobile devices except then my big fat fingers have to try to attempt pushing a tiny tiny little link twice instead of just once haha. I know it seems lazy to not want to push two buttons, but at the end of the day, I don't really need to come to RCU, so the less user friendly it is, the less likely it will be that I'd surf here, I'm not on a PC that often these days, and when it's a pain to use with my phone, not to mention that every incorrect tap on a link uses up more of my data package, it becomes less worthwhile to be here.
But, But, I may not want to go to the next thread.
I may want to skip it and go to the 3rd or 4th one after it. An RCJETS button at the bottom of the page is what we need.
It should also take you to the top of the current page you were on in the RCJETS forum, Too. Not the very first page of the forum..........Just sayin'.............
Old 08-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Man reading this on a phone must be terrible. Get a PC and lots of the problems will go away and also it will be better for your eyes
Old 08-21-2013, 09:26 AM
parrishairx
My Feedback: (77)

Can't ask questions and have signed out and back in and still won't let me...
Old 08-21-2013, 09:30 AM
IBxAnders

Originally Posted by parrishairx
Can't ask questions and have signed out and back in and still won't let me...
But you are posting this. Are you having an issue posting to a very specific forum?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

This is terrible except for my pc at home trying to log on at any other site is a nightmare. You can log on but if I try to access my forums it wants me to log on again same with new posts. It doesn't mater how many times I log on I just cannot access these pages. If I clear the cookies, history etc on my home computer its also a nightmare to get back on. It seems when I log off I am still loged on nothing seems to correct that. I've seen some terrible startups but this is beyond terrible. Its free but who would pay for this aggrivation.

Dennis
Old 08-21-2013, 09:46 AM
parrishairx

sorry meant to say trying to ask a question on a seller site...keep getting a log out log bk in. error
Old 08-21-2013, 09:49 AM
IBxAnders

Originally Posted by parrishairx
sorry meant to say trying to ask a question on a seller site...keep getting a log out log bk in. error
Just to confirm, do you mean you have an issue when you go to the marketplace and attempt to ask a question?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:52 AM
parrishairx

yes....
Old 08-21-2013, 10:10 AM
wheeleze

Permanently deleting forum account now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.