Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 04:13 PM
Mi-25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by number27
more you tube channels of basics and advanced. I am sure you would have many many topics to cover and time differences around the world would prevent many customers using skype.
I agree wholeheartedly - more YouTube vids is far better. Skype calls for guys in the US...
Old 03-23-2016, 03:15 AM
number27

I have the profi box and keep getting Alarm "E" which I believe is for MU-3, MULi6, MAXBEC2D-input the later is what I have installed. Alarm Generation not used. Am concerned about input to MAXBEC2D. Both Life battery packs installed. Transmitter states that batteries are 6.4 and 6.5. Both Green lights are on on the MZAXBEC2D. Why do I get alarm only on Profibox. Haven't been able to find any setting in profi box to see what to change etc. Help appreciated.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:55 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the profi box and keep getting Alarm "E" which I believe is for MU-3, MULi6, MAXBEC2D-input the later is what I have installed. Alarm Generation not used. Am concerned about input to MAXBEC2D. Both Life battery packs installed. Transmitter states that batteries are 6.4 and 6.5. Both Green lights are on on the MZAXBEC2D. Why do I get alarm only on Profibox. Haven't been able to find any setting in profi box to see what to change etc. Help appreciated.
I had that same issue when using the MAXBEC2D with a DS16. I forget if I simply disabled Morse Code alarms in that model or if I was able to disable it in the MAXBEC2D using the Jetibox.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:21 AM
number27

So the alarm means nothing or something important????
Old 03-23-2016, 10:47 AM
wfield0455

So the alarm means nothing or something important????

After you brought this up earlier I've been trying to reconstruct exactly what the issue was, what I did about it and why but it was over a year ago and I'm struggling a bit so take this all with a grain of salt.

As I recall, if enabled, the MAXBEC 2D would frequently (always?) trigger one of the Voltage based Morse Code alarms, regardless of voltage or alarm settings. I assumed this was a bug. I forget if it was voltage A or B that was the problem but it doesn't really matter as I simply used the Jetibox to set the Voltage based alarms in the MAXBEC2D to OFF using my Jetibox. This is only the Morse code based alarms. I then used the Alarm system in my DS16 to set appropriate alarms for Input A and Input B and those work perfectly. Since there was no reason to need multiple sources of the alarm and since the DS16 alarm system is much more useful than the Morse Code Alarms, I wasn't concerned about it..
If you set the Voltage Alarms A/B to OFF using the JEtibox, it should stop you from seeing Morse Code Alarm E all the time and still allow you to read Inputs A and B. Hope this makes sense.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:11 AM
number27

It made sense and set Alarms of A and B to Off and still got Alarm E.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:40 AM
wfield0455

It made sense and set Alarms of A and B to Off and still got Alarm E.
Ok, I took a closer look this morning and I see how I took care of this. Since I'm using a DS16, I went into Morse Code Alarms, left the file for 'E" blank and also disabled Alarm E. It was over a year since I set this up but based on the fact I disabled Alarm E in the transmitter, I apparently wasn't able to get the MAXBEC to stop sending it no matter what I did with the Jetibox.

I don't own a Profibox but I did take a quick look in the manual and it appears to indicate that alarm E is unused but apparently that isn't correct.
Since I apparently struck out preventing the MAXBEC2D from sending Alarm E and disabled it in the transmitter, I'm not sure what to suggest with the Profibox unless it has a similar capability that I don't know about..

Sorry..
Old 03-25-2016, 01:00 AM
DAMBUSTER

Hi, I have a DS 16 updated to 4.0,also an R14us rx updated to 3.24. I have an iGyro 3e , but I can't get any control response at all when the Gyro is in the system even if the gain is zero. When I power up the Gyro lights sequence I can then activate the gain and the lights change but there is no control response to the Tx sticks. I have tried all the obvious and even the suggestion from Esprit,to use a proportional control, made no difference. I have iGyro 3e in other models with other Jeti Rx and all work fine,it just seems this combo won't play nice !
Ant ideas would be gratefully taken on board.
Thank you.
Dambuster.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:47 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DAMBUSTER
Hi, I have a DS 16 updated to 4.0,also an R14us rx updated to 3.24. I have an iGyro 3e , but I can't get any control response at all when the Gyro is in the system even if the gain is zero. When I power up the Gyro lights sequence I can then activate the gain and the lights change but there is no control response to the Tx sticks. I have tried all the obvious and even the suggestion from Esprit,to use a proportional control, made no difference. I have iGyro 3e in other models with other Jeti Rx and all work fine,it just seems this combo won't play nice !
Thank you.
Dambuster.
Are you sure that you have the IGyro wired correctly? It's really easy to mix up the input and output ports on the 3e as they are not clearly marked.

If you have reversed them, it will behave as you describe.

Mike
Old 03-26-2016, 03:36 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by DAMBUSTER
Thank you.
Dambuster.
I assume if you connect the servos directly to the R14 they work correctly ? Since it's simply using PWM servo connections between the igyro 3e and the Jeti receiver I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the receiver model or it's firmware version. Just make sure the frame rate is set to a reasonable value. The default 17ms should work reliably with just about any servo or device type. If the servos work properly when connected to the receiver but not when connected to the igyro 3e and since you said you've successfully used an igyro 3e before, then perhaps it's simply defective....
Old 03-26-2016, 01:32 PM
DAMBUSTER

Hi Guys,
Thank you for your answers, I have absolutely made sure the plugs are correctly orientated, I have now tried a REX 12 rx in the model and it STILL doesn't work,I have tried another 3e that works in another model with this REX 12 and it STILL doesn't work !
The model in question is an Excalibur so there is one elevator servo and two rudder servos, I understand , from Powerbox, that only one rudder servo can be connected and that is what I've done, I am now going to swap from the left rudder to the right to see if that makes any difference and the only other thought I've had is that , maybe, the twin rudder model configured in the Tx simply won't work with the 3e.
Please keep the suggestions coming as I am rapidly going bonkers ! Also should I find out why I will post that too.
Thanks again.
Dambuster.
Old 03-26-2016, 01:33 PM
DAMBUSTER

Sorry ...P.S. Yes model works correctly on all servos with either Rx when the 3e is not in circuit.
Dambuster.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:44 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CB200 not showing telemetry on tx main screen.

Hi guys,

Just a quickie, as above everything in Device Explorer ok but telemetry not showing on main screen, have I done something stupid?

A clue may be that on the Tx screen the tel boxes show as CB200-2, strange.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:49 AM
Jeti USA

Refresh your Data Stream, Press Auto in Sensors/Logging Setup with all devices powered up.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 03-28-2016, 02:45 PM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Refresh your Data Stream, Press Auto in Sensors/Logging Setup with all devices powered up.

Zb/Jeti USA
You're genius! In two years with Jeti I've never noticed the auto. Worked a treat, many thanks
Gary.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:17 PM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have any experience using the Jeti Telementry Sensor fuel flow Mflow turbine ex? Will it also tell you if you have a flame out? I have used the one that records the MA and gives you reserve fuel as well as flame out info before. i am wondering if this is a better way to do it.

Stan
Old 03-30-2016, 12:50 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by tucson
Anyone have any experience using the Jeti Telementry Sensor fuel flow Mflow turbine ex? Will it also tell you if you have a flame out? I have used the one that records the MA and gives you reserve fuel as well as flame out info before. i am wondering if this is a better way to do it.

Stan
Assuming you use a switch to turn your turbine on/off you should be able to create an alarm for 0 fuel flow, enabled by the turbine on off switch in the on position to detect a flame out.

If you've used the MUI in the past to monitor fuel pump current and estimate fuel usage, as long as you've been able to get fairly reliable results that way, I don't think the Mflow will be a huge improvement, especially when you consider the cost difference.

I'm guessing that there isn't a telemetry adapter such as the Xicoy unit available that supports the turbine you're using ?
Old 03-30-2016, 01:39 PM
DAMBUSTER

O.K. guys,have to come clean..... there was no problem with the iGyro 3e or Jeti the problem was......ME. As suggested I had the connections,in and out, the wrong sides. Thanks to a good mate all is resolved, and I publicly thank him. He didn't even take the p**s !
Sorry for any consternation and thanks for those trying to guide me.
Note to all ......read the instructions.
Dambuster.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:36 PM
tucson

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Assuming you use a switch to turn your turbine on/off you should be able to create an alarm for 0 fuel flow, enabled by the turbine on off switch in the on position to detect a flame out.

If you've used the MUI in the past to monitor fuel pump current and estimate fuel usage, as long as you've been able to get fairly reliable results that way, I don't think the Mflow will be a huge improvement, especially when you consider the cost difference.
I'm guessing that there isn't a telemetry adapter such as the Xicoy unit available that supports the turbine you're using ?
I am using the ECU Protocol Data Converter JJXC-EX in my Avanti works great (JC 140). I started a Carf Viper and am looking for something different.
The only problem I have is if I use a Taxi tank the unit starts counting as soon as the turbine starts, so it's not a true amount of usage as the main tank is full when the taxi tank is removed. Is there a way to put the counter on a switch so I can start the count when I remove the taxi tank?

Thanks,
Stan
Old 03-30-2016, 10:57 PM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just an small tip for those use the Xicoy telemetry adapter and taxi tank, having the need to reset the fuel counter while the engine run. Just install an small switch between the ecu and the adapter, to momentarily cut the red wire to reset the adapter. Best way is a push switch, normally connected,that disconnects when pressed, but any RC switch that has the signal wire going through will do the trick.

Gaspar
Old 03-31-2016, 06:02 AM
tucson

Originally Posted by Gaspar
Just an small tip for those use the Xicoy telemetry adapter and taxi tank, having the need to reset the fuel counter while the engine run. Just install an small switch between the ecu and the adapter, to momentarily cut the red wire to reset the adapter. Best way is a push switch, normally connected,that disconnects when pressed, but any RC switch that has the signal wire going through will do the trick.

Gaspar
Hi Gaspar,

I would really like to be able to reset the fuel counter from my Jeti Transmitter. I usually remove the taxi tank after the canopy is on and I have done my run up.
During a jet rally I will have to wait with the taxi tank attached sometimes.

Thank you,
Stan
Old 03-31-2016, 06:06 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was thinking one of these http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/...-On-Off-Switch would do the trick. Pull the tank, click a transmitter switch off and back on to reset it and be on the way..
Old 03-31-2016, 07:07 AM
tucson

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch
i was thinking one of these http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/...-On-Off-Switch would do the trick. Pull the tank, click a transmitter switch off and back on to reset it and be on the way..
Looks like this might work if I could figure how to install the switch in the circutry.
Stan
Old 03-31-2016, 07:07 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch
From the photo, it appears that the battery input side doesn't pass the signal wire through so I don't think that would work, at least not without a bit of modification.

Last edited by wfield0455; 03-31-2016 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:18 AM
tucson

Wayne,
I am using a switch on the transmitter to turn the engine on and off. The switch actually turns the throttle trim on and off. So I could not use that switch to reset the fuel counter.
Stan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.