Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fej sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fej sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 04:52 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

YEs its a stolen design. Anton posted drawings of his Dragon XL, which is a larger version of his Dragon that he already produces. Shortly after, FEJ announce their sport jet with identical, yes identical, drawings.
I know this will be hard to swallow because anyone who owns a FEJ is very defensive but there was a whole thread about it back months ago.
Seems like this kind of stuff is either ignored or quickly forgotten just like all their airplanes falling out of the skies.
Who in their right mind would accept another discounted kit after their first one crashed for structural issues?
If they cant build wings, fuse or stabs for their scale jets, they certainly cant build them for a sport jet.

Anton has flown the Dragon XL and the Avanti and after flying the Avanti discontinued the Dragon XL. All this was stated on the thread.
Imagine the investment in time and money to get a model to prototype stage and then completely abandon it. Not cheap!

Your nightmare is only beginning. It might make 1-30 flights, you never know! Its a real adrenaline rush never knowing when it, and all your hard earned cash, will come crashing down! More exciting owning a FEJ!
Don't get too caught up in the fancy paint and galss and start cutting into the skin and see whats underneath. everyone that has, has found major issues with their aircraft.

heres a pic of the Dragon XL and the FEJ Sport Jet.

not even a 1% difference.
Would you have bought this aircraft knowing this?

Scott

Scott
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	skymaster dragon.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1985620   Click image for larger version

Name:	FEJripoff.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1985621  
Old 04-09-2014, 05:14 PM
philjac94

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roger.alli
Hi ya Phill,

Mate… I guess by now you realise that people on RCU are pretty hostile towards FEJ. I follow the jet forum reasonably close, and over the last few years no other subject creates arguments or outright hostility like a FEJ thread that praises their product.. The reasons for this are many and varied, but there does seem to be some real issues with FEJ that many many people have experienced, and then related on line.

I personally have no opinion about them one way or the other. FEJ is not my style.

Currently FEJ seem to be re-inventing themselves as a couple of threads have been started promoting their stuff.. All have been attacked like yours..

Just thought I would explain why the hostility..

Roger
Hey Roger,
Yeah I know the reasoning why, but all these Chinese companies had issues when they first came along, ALL companies in this hobby have had issues with some of their products.
Im not being shown any favours by FEJ to post on here, Im only doing it to assist in anyone else who may have bought or considered buying the same Jet, spreading information. I said I would say it as I see it and thats what I will do.

Very similarly when Kingtech came out, sure they had some issues, got a bad name out of it and made some enemies that no matter what the company has done since, they will always be snubbed by those people who had experienced those issues first hand.

What does irritate me just a bit though, are those that have become the expert because they knew some guy who heard from a friend, that there was a problem.

I will give this jet a go, if it turns out to be a piece of sh1t I will say so, but I wonder if it proves itself to be a good jet if others will begin to forget the past.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:22 PM
philjac94

Originally Posted by jetpilot
YEs its a stolen design. Anton posted drawings of his Dragon XL, which is a larger version of his Dragon that he already produces. Shortly after, FEJ announce their sport jet with identical, yes identical, drawings.
I know this will be hard to swallow because anyone who owns a FEJ is very defensive but there was a whole thread about it back months ago.
Seems like this kind of stuff is either ignored or quickly forgotten just like all their airplanes falling out of the skies.
Who in their right mind would accept another discounted kit after their first one crashed for structural issues?
If they cant build wings, fuse or stabs for their scale jets, they certainly cant build them for a sport jet.

Anton has flown the Dragon XL and the Avanti and after flying the Avanti discontinued the Dragon XL. All this was stated on the thread.
Imagine the investment in time and money to get a model to prototype stage and then completely abandon it. Not cheap!

Your nightmare is only beginning. It might make 1-30 flights, you never know! Its a real adrenaline rush never knowing when it, and all your hard earned cash, will come crashing down! More exciting owning a FEJ!
Don't get too caught up in the fancy paint and galss and start cutting into the skin and see whats underneath. everyone that has, has found major issues with their aircraft.

heres a pic of the Dragon XL and the FEJ Sport Jet.

not even a 1% difference.
Would you have bought this aircraft knowing this?

Scott

Scott
All I see is 2 computer drafted images, I have never seen this jet on Antons site or anybody elses site in its completed flying form, even in his future projects or development pages.

Edited. Ok on further looking I have now seen Antons progress on his Ultra dragon but now im even more convinced the 2 are different.
The images are not production drawings.

Last edited by philjac94; 04-10-2014 at 04:30 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:57 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by philjac94
Hey Roger,
Yeah I know the reasoning why, but all these Chinese companies had issues when they first came along, ALL companies in this hobby have had issues with some of their products.
Im not being shown any favours by FEJ to post on here, Im only doing it to assist in anyone else who may have bought or considered buying the same Jet, spreading information. I said I would say it as I see it and thats what I will do.

Very similarly when Kingtech came out, sure they had some issues, got a bad name out of it and made some enemies that no matter what the company has done since, they will always be snubbed by those people who had experienced those issues first hand.

What does irritate me just a bit though, are those that have become the expert because they knew some guy who heard from a friend, that there was a problem.

I will give this jet a go, if it turns out to be a piece of sh1t I will say so, but I wonder if it proves itself to be a good jet if others will begin to forget the past.
The failure is only one half of the problem, the bigger problem is FEJ's complete lack of care for their customers and after sales service for anyone who goes against them and speaks out to the general public about their problem.

Personally, anyone who is still naive enough to buy their crap gets exactly what they have coming. If they get a good jet, good for them, but FEJ is still crap, until they can show some recourse in righting their wrongs and producing quality models that last and have consistent quality from one product to the next for EVERY customer.
If they get a dud that destroys itself in a short lifespan, dont come complaining, they had plenty of warning beforehand and even those wronged by FEJ in the past are tired of hearing about these indiscretions from new people.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:09 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Roger,

For the record FEJ has been doing this crap now FOR YEARS, in one way or another, continuously! They have never owned up to ANY of their mistakes, as other reputable Mfgs have. And except in specific "keep it quiet" deals, have not made victims of their failures whole in any sense. Customer service does not exist, for the general buying public!

In answer to your final thought: HELL NO, NEVER! Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat those mistakes in the future! You apparently are a dealer, judging from your signature/website. If you're planning on resurrecting the FEJ reputation somehow with this build thread, one word of advice:

Just my opinion.

David S

Name:	hCD7A38C7.jpeg
Views:	218
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1985636  
Old 04-09-2014, 06:27 PM
philjac94

Originally Posted by David Searles
For the record FEJ has been doing this crap now FOR YEARS, in one way or another, continuously! They have never owned up to ANY of their mistakes, as other reputable Mfgs have. And except in specific "keep it quiet" deals, have not made victims of their failures whole in any sense. Customer service does not exist, for the general buying public!

In answer to your final thought: HELL NO, NEVER! Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat those mistakes in the future! You apparently are a dealer, judging from your signature/website. If you're planning on resurrecting the FEJ reputation somehow with this build thread, one word of advice:

Just my opinion.

David S
What has me being a dealer within the hobby got to do with it, IM NOT A FEJ DEALER just a guy who bought a kit, with ease and is now posting my findings.

Funny you post a picture of GWB when really you should have started off long before he got the job, to make your words ring true
Old 04-09-2014, 06:33 PM
philjac94

Originally Posted by invertmast
The failure is only one half of the problem, the bigger problem is FEJ's complete lack of care for their customers and after sales service for anyone who goes against them and speaks out to the general public about their problem.

Personally, anyone who is still naive enough to buy their crap gets exactly what they have coming. If they get a good jet, good for them, but FEJ is still crap, until they can show some recourse in righting their wrongs and producing quality models that last and have consistent quality from one product to the next for EVERY customer.
If they get a dud that destroys itself in a short lifespan, dont come complaining, they had plenty of warning beforehand and even those wronged by FEJ in the past are tired of hearing about these indiscretions from new people.
And you would know FEJ's customer care policy how?? Have you bought from them or do you know a friend of a friend who did? My experience with them to date has been very good and until they or the product forces me to change my present opinion I am not going to jump on the slagging bandwagon.

Last edited by philjac94; 04-09-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:25 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And you would know FEJ's customer care policy how?? Have you bought from them or do you know a friend of a friend who did? My experience with them to date has been very good and until they or the product forces me to change my present opinion I am not going to jump on the slagging bandwagon.
I'll throw your words back at you... And you know of FEJ's customer service how??? Have you had one of their planes fall out of the sky and turn into a fire ball in front of your face? Did FEJ then provide an inkling of decency in addressing your communication with them? For those of us who have lost the amount of small cars in this sh1t company, I say take your Pom Poms elsewhere. Every year there is a new FEJ Pom Pom cheerleader. We're not going for that BS again.

I tried to be supportive of your post, but you've crossed the line with your more recent posts.

Watch this video for a glimpse at how your bootleg sport jet will end.

http://youtu.be/dMZwYHJFDe0

Last edited by dubd; 04-09-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:10 PM
jetpilot

All I see is 2 computer drafted images, I have never seen this jet on Antons site or anybody elses site in its completed flying form, even in his future projects or development pages.

Your a bigger knucklehead than I thought.

Can you say Denial?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ra-dragon.html
Old 04-09-2014, 09:14 PM
jetpilot

And now your comparing Kingtech to FEJ?

You really have no clue.

These guys always pop up expecting something different from FEJ.

Please take the time to read these pages unlike the time you spent researching FEJ.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:32 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

"but all these Chinese companies had issues when they first came along, ALL companies in this hobby have had issues with some of their products."

This kind of statement is getting SO tired. What you and some other FEJ Fanboys don't seem to want to grasp, it's about what the company does AFTER there's an issue that matters.

S
Old 04-09-2014, 11:33 PM
Damo260

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is like day of our lives and have a look at FB new sports jet looks like they have stolen design as well from Skymaster lol

http://fbjets.com/index.php?Page=61

Damo

Skymaster Avanti XXL on the left and FB Dolphin on the right

Name:	IMG_0654.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1985667   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140331053931.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	501.1 KB
ID:	1985668  

Last edited by Damo260; 04-09-2014 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Justflying1

Hey Phil,
going to say how it is or just what FEJ would like to heir.

I remember when you said to me over the phone how my new K170E can be converted to kero start.
Shame that Kingtech does not agree. And you are supposed to be a rep for Kingtech.

Ivan
Old 04-10-2014, 12:22 AM
philjac94

Originally Posted by Justflying1
Hey Phil,
going to say how it is or just what FEJ would like to heir.

I remember when you said to me over the phone how my new K170E can be converted to kero start.
Shame that Kingtech does not agree. And you are supposed to be a rep for Kingtech.

Ivan
Nice one Ivan!! Not that I remember the conversation but my response would have been the same as Kingtech it is possible but not feasable.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:31 AM
philjac94

Originally Posted by jetpilot
Your a bigger knucklehead than I thought.

Can you say Denial?

What the hell is wrong with you guys, its my porogative if I want to give it a go and your porogative to choose not to read a post about FEJ, so excersize that and dont read any.
For once and for all I will say it as I find it, good or bad.

I admit that the two computer drawing look the same but, and here is the but, the aircraft are different. Concept may have started out the same but they ended up 2 totally different jets.
Below photos of both, SM Ultra Dragon and FEJ Sport Jet.

Differences:

Fuselage joins, Ultra Dragon joins behind the wing, SJ between the inlets
Vertical stab base, Ultra Dragon incorporates base into Fin, SJ has base as part of fuse.
Engine hatch, Ultra Dragon mounts engine from the wing opening, SJ has a hatch on top
Wing, Ultra Dragon 3 piece wing, SJ 2 piece wing
Size, Ultra Dragon Length 2657mm Wingspan 2337mm, SJ Length 2700mm Wingspan 2400mm
Shape, Ultra Dragon is long and thin, SJ is deeper and stumpier

Name:	Gd93489.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1985685   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83670.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	1985686   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10067.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1985687   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26993.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1985688   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140301_152437.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	1985689   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1985690   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	1985691  

Last edited by philjac94; 04-10-2014 at 02:44 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Justflying1

Nice one Ivan!! Not that I remember the conversation but my response would have been the same as Kingtech it is possible but not feasable.
My memory is crystal clear on what you said and I'm sure yours is as well.
Not going to bother going back and forward as it's obviously you word versus mine. I know what you said.
Good luck with your FEJ project but il stick with Skymaster who have excellent proven quality jets and good customer service.
And no I have never owned a FEJ but I have seen enough in person to make a decision on what I personally think of there products.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:07 AM
philjac94

Originally Posted by Justflying1
My memory is crystal clear on what you said and I'm sure yours is as well.
Not going to bother going back and forward as it's obviously you word versus mine. I know what you said.
Good luck with your FEJ project but il stick with Skymaster who have excellent proven quality jets and good customer service.
And no I have never owned a FEJ but I have seen enough in person to make a decision on what I personally think of there products.
Ivan im sending you a p.m. of my mobile just in case you dont have it. You can either sms me your number or call mine. Would like to hear your interpretation.

Im glad you have found SM and happy with them, I own or have owned a heap of their products, no doubt Anton is good at what he does but as I have said again and again I will say this experience with FEJ as I see it.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:19 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're just another guy that has to learn the hard way, and with his own money. Hope you can tolerate a $6,500+ loss.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:41 AM
philjac94

Originally Posted by Airplanes400
You're just another guy that has to learn the hard way, and with his own money. Hope you can tolerate a $6,500+ loss.
Yeah well I do hope your wrong, but like I said earlier if im not I will be happy to say so and then all you guys can say a big "told you so" but until then would it hurt you to simply say I wish you the best of luck with it?
Old 04-10-2014, 04:51 AM
celso

Hello Phil

I think you are not going to have any positive feedback here. Why are people so rude? I have a feeling that the more i try to get information here the less i got. Donīt give up , go ahead with your building. I wish you all the best.
Regards
Old 04-10-2014, 04:58 AM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Old 04-10-2014, 05:02 AM
philjac94

Originally Posted by celso
Hello Phil

I think you are not going to have any positive feedback here. Why are people so rude? I have a feeling that the more i try to get information here the less i got. Donīt give up , go ahead with your building. I wish you all the best.
Regards
Thanks Celso,
You are correct. As to why I do not know.
Yes I will keep on with the build.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:31 AM
celso

Why havenīt you stopped posting?
Old 04-10-2014, 05:53 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
Basimpson, I hope you planned on cutting the skin open on the FEJ sport jet before flying it like a typical sport jet versus a Piper Cub. One hard pull and the wings will go CLAP!
Remember...ONLY if I could see and examined it in person like i did with the Fej T-33. We can all agree without bias that the T-33 is a solid Jet But I also agree that Fej and some of there jets have major problem. I'm a builder so I pick which one to battle with, So far the T-33 don't need any.

Last edited by basimpsn; 04-10-2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:56 AM
bikecrasher

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Keep going phil....
A lot of people who have bought FEJ are seeing how it goes. I know I am!!! You know how I was stung with the A10 and my hawk...... You going to bring that west dude???

All you nay sayers just let Phil review this model. If I bought one or was even thinking about to buy one Id want to see a review! I know FEJ has had stupid design issues but so have others. I bought early Skymaster stuff and had issues but the factory looked after me. Same goes with Phil. A few guys at my field has bought stuff through Phil's shop and if their is a issue then he is bending over backwards to help you out.

Cheers

Adrian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.