Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetCat USA - thru SUPPORT w/ DEDICATION the Power & Reliability returns

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetCat USA - thru SUPPORT w/ DEDICATION the Power & Reliability returns

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 02:38 PM
SkyKnight
My Feedback: (67)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I finally got around to getting this video to YouTube. No sales pitch. Please pardon the poor video. I don't have the patience for that stuff. Just posting for those interested. Note the performance and throttle changes.

http://youtu.be/BL-piBEvUr0
Old 08-03-2014, 07:12 PM
smitty1001
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all due respect, what exactly are we watching for in this video? The kingcat seems to behave as it would with ANY engine above 160 size? While it is a great testbed for engine access, etc. keep in mind that most people with these motors are more than likely interested in a reliable engine to fly their non-flying wing scale models with reliability. Redman is a standup guy by anyone's account and we all wish him the best. I've owned two jetcats myself and they were fine until they needed to be sent in for non-user-related repair. I'm just not sure that Jetcat would be my #2 or even #3 choice these days. I am however happy that 180 owners may have some hope now.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:46 AM
SkyKnight
My Feedback: (67)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Smitty1001. The intent of the video is to demonstrate the throttle response and power output the P180RX is delivering. Yes, the video quality is poor so it might help to turn the volume up a lil. Although the flight demonstration is quite impressive, the maneuvers he is putting the plane through require multiple throttle changes and power settings; like for the stall turns etc. As for reliability, the conditions that day were pretty miserable, just as he was hoping for. As stated earlier, this was his third stop across the country to fly, test, and demonstrate just that, reliability in various climate conditions. Let's keep in mind, John could have very easily sat back and let JetCat figure out the problem by themselves.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:40 PM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi

So, can anyone enlighten us in what the "fix" consists of?

BR
Old 08-08-2014, 07:16 PM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anything need to be tweaked on the newer versions that were purchased post "recall" ? (specifically for me s/n 180760 and above)

In the limits menu, I assume the Barom Auto Tune should be set for both Idle&Ramp-Set ?
Both IdleThr & FullThr Response are default to Fast - is that ok or do both need to be set to Normal ?
Any other settings need to be adjusted?

Getting ready to run mine for the first time & want it set right from the start. Don't need any additional surprises on a maiden flight.

Thanks...Scott
Old 08-09-2014, 04:23 AM
leider
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I send my 180 Rx for the recall fix, still in the box.
Reading this thread I'm confused, there is another fix ? need to be send back again ?

Daniel
Old 08-09-2014, 12:54 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You need to run the engine right now in the hot humid summer. I had an engine that ran fine in the spring and then wouldn't run in the summer. if theres a problem, it will run rough. you wont be able to take off I don't think. or at least I couldn't.
My other P180 ran fine in spring and hot humid summer.
Scott