Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Mini Xcalibur

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Mini Xcalibur

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 04:36 PM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Thank you Dave. I remember seeing that.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:41 AM
KennethB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some progression has been made now. Iīve installed all rudders ,using SuperPhatic instead of epoxy or CA when installing the hinge pins. I recon itīll hold with no issues at all.
Servos has been ordered! (too soon..but sometimes one can not stop himself..). Servos is KST X12 on rudders and aileron, kst X10 elevator and two Emax ES3154 on steering and flap, as I had them at home and theyīll fit and if something goes wrong with either of those two servos, not much will happen.
Now.. gyro and a covering Iron is next .. thatīll be in April. Until then I need to test my turbine in the test stand a couple of times.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:07 PM
KennethB

Tried to install flap servo and linkage (the rod).. today. But failed.. and yea.. screwed up. I could not get the stated 65mm so.. moved around the servomount and tried to adjust the linkage. To sum it up.. the servo mount broke apart.. So I need to make a new mount.. and the rod itself renderd useless. *sigh*. Atm I have laid everything back in the box and put in on the shelf. And there itīll rest until I have calmed down a bit. Anyway, do you have some tips regarding the flap and installation of servo etc? Can I just mount the servo on two hardwood mounts (glued/screwed) ofc. And the rod itself.. can I substitute for anything else, or perhaps buy a 2mm rod and make a new one?.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:47 PM
horsefeetky

the flaps draw decent current and have a job to do when deployed dont skimp on them. use solid digtal holding power servos for flaps. if a flap fails in flight bad things you cant control will take out your plane...........it is the one most servo i always take care to install the best to match the specs called for and i prefer hv servos throughout my self.

good luck on your build and yes the linkage can be made in any reasonable fashion any other plane would use. buy dubro threaded end rods and even the 2-56 size will work here. if you use a clevis make sure to add a keeper of fuel hose or clip to make sure all stays as it should. the other end can be a simple z bend.................
Old 02-25-2019, 10:12 AM
KennethB

Just realised why I donīt get the throws.. *sigh*. Now, a clean up and another servo mount needs to be done. I think Ill let the project rest for a week or two.

Last edited by KennethB; 02-26-2019 at 12:01 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:38 AM
KennethB

A question.. the booms uses two machinescrews to attach to the fuselage. Is it necessary to use both? The problem lies within the booms , the carbontube inside gets in the way. That means, if I drill out the hole, the carbontube will probably brake.
I can use the front screws , but one side is a bit misaligned from the factory.. but thatīs not an issue I canīt handle.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:18 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Does anyone know where to buy this plane?
It seems to be out of stock worldwide !
Old 12-18-2019, 03:06 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I don’t think ripmax is producing any Xcalibur at this time....
Old 12-18-2019, 11:01 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

That’s too bad ...
Old 12-19-2019, 05:57 AM
raydar

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure the Xcalibur range is discontinued but more the parent company Ripmax has had a few issues. Fingers crossed that is behind them as some models (wott4) that they produce are starting to appear again after being in short supply. Dave on here would probably have a better idea.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:59 PM
horsefeetky

another nice small jet gone......................sad day