Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 10:30 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I am not using flight modes. Though, I played with it and couldn't get it to work. Anyone?
Old 04-16-2018, 10:37 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
I am not using flight modes. Though, I played with it and couldn't get it to work. Anyone?
Slow down the servo that finish the move first in the Servo Setup Screen .There are delays for the servo in both directions.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:43 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

If your concern is flap deployment along with elevator adjustment timing ... you can add delays in the "Butterfly" menu (main screen) where you adjust Flap movement, Crow movement and Elevator movement (item 2 of the menu)
Old 04-16-2018, 11:13 AM
ravill

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Slow down the servo that finish the move first in the Servo Setup Screen .There are delays for the servo in both directions.
If I do this, will it also slow down any other servo that is mixed with it, yet still let the other servos (ail, elev) move appropriately otherwise?

Thanks Edgar!
Old 04-16-2018, 11:14 AM
ravill

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
If your concern is flap deployment along with elevator adjustment timing ... you can add delays in the "Butterfly" menu (main screen) where you adjust Flap movement, Crow movement and Elevator movement (item 2 of the menu)
I tried this too. The big bupkiss, nada, zilch. I couldn't get the flap servos to slow down.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:33 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I tried this too. The big bupkiss, nada, zilch. I couldn't get the flap servos to slow down.
If you set up flight modes and you aren't getting the specified flight mode delay for flaps, etc then the only explanation I can think of is that you unchecked fm delay for those controls in the Function curve (i think) menu.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:38 AM
ravill

Originally Posted by wfield0455
If you set up flight modes and you aren't getting the specified flight mode delay for flaps, etc then the only explanation I can think of is that you unchecked fm delay for those controls in the Function curve (i think) menu.
I am not using flight modes.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:36 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Then you should start :^)
Old 04-16-2018, 04:14 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

You definitely should use them... the beauty of Jeti program is the flexibility you have using flight modes.. Start with basic flight modes on a three position switch.. Cruise mode (default), Take Off mode and Landing Mode.

David

Last edited by LA jetguy; 04-16-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:38 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Rav, I don't use flight modes either but have set up my flaps to slow down using the "Delay positive/negative" value in Servo Setup. Just set each individual flap servo to the speed you want, such as 2.5 in both directions. The slower flap speeds do not affect anything else as far as I can tell.

For mixing in elevator compensation with flaps, I use the "Butterfly" function under the "Fine Tuning" menu. Set it up to activate with your flap switch (sd for me) and under "elevator adjustment", dial in the appropriate amount to get the throw you want. I used the "standard curve" option. You also have the option of slowing down the elevator compensation speed to match the speed of the flap movement.

I'm using this setup on two jets and it works fine.

Craig
Old 04-17-2018, 06:56 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

And you know there is video for it, I cannot imagine flying without Flight Modes.

Zb/Jeti USA

Old 04-17-2018, 08:56 AM
ravill

Then you should start :^)
Originally Posted by LA jetguy
You definitely should use them... the beauty of Jeti program is the flexibility you have using flight modes.. Start with basic flight modes on a three position switch.. Cruise mode (default), Take Off mode and Landing Mode.

David
Interesting. I've always thought of flight modes as "cheating" when one hasn't set up their airplane correctly!

Maybe I need to rethink flight modes now as I'm new to Jeti thinking.

Originally Posted by CraigG
Hey Rav, I don't use flight modes either but have set up my flaps to slow down using the "Delay positive/negative" value in Servo Setup. Just set each individual flap servo to the speed you want, such as 2.5 in both directions. The slower flap speeds do not affect anything else as far as I can tell.

For mixing in elevator compensation with flaps, I use the "Butterfly" function under the "Fine Tuning" menu. Set it up to activate with your flap switch (sd for me) and under "elevator adjustment", dial in the appropriate amount to get the throw you want. I used the "standard curve" option. You also have the option of slowing down the elevator compensation speed to match the speed of the flap movement.

I'm using this setup on two jets and it works fine.

Craig
Thank you Craig, I think this sounds more like a solution that I was heading towards.

I believe this is also the solution Edgar proposed above as well.

Originally Posted by ZB
And you know there is video for it, I cannot imagine flying without Flight Modes.

Zb/Jeti USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZkXwZCN08g
Yeah, I searched for "slow flaps jeti shorts" but google gave me the middle finger on my search results!

Last edited by ravill; 04-17-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:55 AM
tassos p

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Back to a newbie problem, and though I've seen it mentioned, I can't seem to make it work.

How do I slow down my flaps in a way so that if I have to mix anything in with them (ail or elev), they all move at the same speed?

Help please.
Hey Rav,

The possibilities are almost endless indeed, I just programmed my F-16 so that I have ailevons and flaperons and mixed the slats to the elevator. The way I did this?
1) Go to Fine Tunining --> Flight Modes --> Set up flight modes with delay
2) Go to Fine Tunining --> Function Curve --> Set up flaps speed only
3) Go to Fine Tunining --> Function Curve --> In the 'FM Column --> I deselected channels like gear, throttle, turbine etc changing it from a tick to an X. If you don't then all the channels will be affected by delays when switching flight modes something that may prove fatal.
4) Go to Fine Tunining --> Free mixes --> Set up Ailerons to Flaps (as a flaperon) and another mix Elevator to slats

I did not touch the 'Servo Setup' menu.

But I have one question for you: Maybe I don't understand correctly what you are asking (apologies in advance) but why do you want to delay elevator and aileron movements together with flaps? This can be really dangerous, ie if you flaps have a delay 2-3sec to deploy then the same will be for the elevator. Your pitch authority would be very bad - could lead to disaster. I would never set up the elevator and aileron speed same to the flap speed. But maybe I don't understand your question - apologies again if I missunderstood.

Thanks, Tassos
Old 04-17-2018, 11:08 AM
gapellegrini

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tassos p
Hey Rav,

The possibilities are almost endless indeed, I just programmed my F-16 so that I have ailevons and flaperons and mixed the slats to the elevator. The way I did this?

Thanks, Tassos
Tassos,

This is a little off topic.

I thought a lot about add slat and elevator mix to my planes like the full scale. I don't think is a good idea. Not sure which F-16 you have but they usually are not very strong. There are a lot of planes that crashed because of slat structural failure, there is a Skymaster F-104 video on youtube. Plane was own by Ali and he was calling to Sebastiano Silvestre. The slat went off and plane crashed. If this duo wasn't able to fly the plane I think nobody would. Skymaster released a structural upgrade after that.

Franco di Mauro also had a hard time landing a CARF Su-27 with slat problem. People said on facebook that if was other pilot it would have crashed.

Once I asked Bob Violett what was in his opinion the maximum speed I could open the slat on the F-100 and he told me 90 mph. The F-100 slat is 100% laminated in carbon and I believe the BVM F-100 is the strongest scale plane ever built. Bob didn't let me to add this slat elevator mix.

Since then on my planes I set different time for flaps and slat. Like 5 seconds for slat and 3 for flaps so they will make most of the aerodynamic strength decelerating the plane.

Gabriel
Old 04-17-2018, 11:18 AM
tassos p

Originally Posted by gapellegrini
Tassos,

This is a little off topic.

I thought a lot about add slat and elevator mix to my planes like the full scale. I don't think is a good idea. Not sure which F-16 you have but they usually are not very strong. There are a lot of planes that crashed because of slat structural failure, there is a Skymaster F-104 video on youtube. Plane was own by Ali and he was calling to Sebastiano Silvestre. The slat went off and plane crashed. If this duo wasn't able to fly the plane I think nobody would. Skymaster released a structural upgrade after that.

Franco di Mauro also had a hard time landing a CARF Su-27 with slat problem. People said on facebook that if was other pilot it would have crashed.

Once I asked Bob Violett what was in his opinion the maximum speed I could open the slat on the F-100 and he told me 90 mph. The F-100 slat is 100% laminated in carbon and I believe the BVM F-100 is the strongest scale plane ever built. Bob didn't let me to add this slat elevator mix.

Since then on my planes I set different time for flaps and slat. Like 5 seconds for slat and 3 for flaps so they will make most of the aerodynamic strength decelerating the plane.

Gabriel
Agreed

I have that mix on a switch - not permanent I can deactivate it whenever I want but works very well for me. I've 37kg (Futaba BLS177SV) servos in each slat.

The slat to elevator mix comes as a recommendation from the manufacturer....Model airplanes Scale-Jets • Scale-Jets.com

Thanks for your feedback.

Tassos
Old 04-19-2018, 06:46 AM
ZB

Jeti Studio, New Way of Viewing, Analyzing, Programming, Updating: Telemetry Data Logging & Visualization, Transmitter Data Backup, Transmitter & Receiver Updating

JETI Studio is a cross-platform program for the visualization and analysis of telemetry data received from sensors. The program is available free of charge as a software support to the Duplex product line.

• Graphical visualization of telemetry records produced by the DC/DS and Flight Monitor program
• Direct support for JETIBOX profi – reading log files and real-time telemetry
• Real-time telemetry visualization
• Device updates – you can easily update your receivers, sensors etc.
• EX Bus devices configuration
• Integrated DC/DS-24 transmitter emulator

Old 04-19-2018, 08:24 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

ZB, i downloaded the studio but have not played with it yet. Can you do preliminary radio setup on it? Set up rates, expo, etc then download to radio? I got to where i really liked that about the opentx software.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:13 AM
ravill

Originally Posted by tassos p
But I have one question for you: Maybe I don't understand correctly what you are asking (apologies in advance) but why do you want to delay elevator and aileron movements together with flaps? This can be really dangerous, ie if you flaps have a delay 2-3sec to deploy then the same will be for the elevator. Your pitch authority would be very bad - could lead to disaster. I would never set up the elevator and aileron speed same to the flap speed. But maybe I don't understand your question - apologies again if I missunderstood.

Thanks, Tassos
Tasso, thank you for your suggestions!

The reason for slowing down elevator and aileron movements with flap deployment is say, if you have crow mixed in or down/up elevator mixed with flaps. You can imagine, if you don't have a matching delay, you hit your flap switch and your airplane dives as the elevator mixes down first and then your flaps "catch up". The same with crow. These are not fun moments!

I haven't had the time to experiment with the other suggestions just yet, but I'll report back how I ultimately solve it.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:15 AM
ZB

Originally Posted by patf
ZB, i downloaded the studio but have not played with it yet. Can you do preliminary radio setup on it? Set up rates, expo, etc then download to radio? I got to where i really liked that about the opentx software.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:21 AM
tassos p

The reason for slowing down elevator and aileron movements with flap deployment is say, if you have crow mixed in or down/up elevator mixed with flaps. You can imagine, if you don't have a matching delay, you hit your flap switch and your airplane dives as the elevator mixes down first and then your flaps "catch up". The same with crow. These are not fun moments!

I haven't had the time to experiment with the other suggestions just yet, but I'll report back how I ultimately solve it.
Yes, got it, my friend Darryl here in Dubai explained to me that you were referring to the trim positions. Of course you need delays for the trims. Especially on the elevators/stabilizer.

All the best, happy flying.

Tassos
Old 04-19-2018, 01:38 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Use the delays in either the flight mode menu or the butterfly menu and all speeds will match perfectly.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:26 PM
Victory Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZB
Jeti Studio, New Way of Viewing, Analyzing, Programming, Updating: Telemetry Data Logging & Visualization, Transmitter Data Backup, Transmitter & Receiver Updating

JETI Studio is a cross-platform program for the visualization and analysis of telemetry data received from sensors. The program is available free of charge as a software support to the Duplex product line.

• Graphical visualization of telemetry records produced by the DC/DS and Flight Monitor program
• Direct support for JETIBOX profi – reading log files and real-time telemetry
• Real-time telemetry visualization
• Device updates – you can easily update your receivers, sensors etc.
• EX Bus devices configuration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgXq0sDXCV0
What exactly is Jeti Studio?
Old 04-19-2018, 04:46 PM
sideshow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a Mac version. I might buy a DS-24 just because of that!
Old 04-19-2018, 04:47 PM
sideshow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Victory Pete
What exactly is Jeti Studio?
TGTFY......

Tags: JETI model s. r. o.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:51 AM
Victory Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sideshow
What exactly is TGTFY?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.