Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Old 07-31-2020, 02:41 AM
  #1676  
F1 Rocket
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 480
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

His comments are valid from a feature standpoint if comparing a DS-14/16 to a DS-12. But those radio designs are over 7 years old now.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:46 AM
  #1677  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 2,009
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
His comments are valid from a feature standpoint if comparing a DS-14/16 to a DS-12. But those radio designs are over 7 years old now.
Im pretty sure I like my DC-24 much better then any DS radio......the exact reason I when with Jeti (DC-16) when I first saw them....to make a blank statement like that one..is a little......
Old 07-31-2020, 03:19 AM
  #1678  
jamessymons
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Midstream, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 60
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Hi Everybody

I have a problem with my new DS24. The rotary dial sticks in the down position every now and again when i push the button. Any suggestions on how I can remediate ?

Many Thanks

James
Old 07-31-2020, 07:13 AM
  #1679  
ZB
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: , FL
Posts: 312
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jamessymons View Post
Hi Everybody

I have a problem with my new DS24. The rotary dial sticks in the down position every now and again when i push the button. Any suggestions on how I can remediate ?

Many Thanks

James
You mean side slider?

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-31-2020, 07:22 AM
  #1680  
jamessymons
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Midstream, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 60
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Hi Zb

No, its the 3D Control Selector.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:28 AM
  #1681  
ZB
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: , FL
Posts: 312
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jamessymons View Post
Hi Zb

No, its the 3D Control Selector.
Is it DS-24 Carbon radio?
Old 07-31-2020, 11:56 AM
  #1682  
ravill
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (11)
 
ravill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Granite Bay, Ca
Posts: 5,336
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jamessymons View Post
Hi Everybody

I have a problem with my new DS24. The rotary dial sticks in the down position every now and again when i push the button. Any suggestions on how I can remediate ?

Many Thanks

James
How about posting a pic. I have NO idea of which "rotary dial stick" you speak of.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:03 PM
  #1683  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 2,009
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ravill View Post
How about posting a pic. I have NO idea of which "rotary dial stick" you speak of.
the big one on the bottom right...I call it the selector.....In between the 2 smaller one
Old 07-31-2020, 12:36 PM
  #1684  
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)
 
CARS II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 5,696
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

That one I think, it rotates and moves up an down when pushed.



Last edited by CARS II; 07-31-2020 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:37 PM
  #1685  
pcskyhi
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 70
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jamessymons View Post
Hi Everybody

I have a problem with my new DS24. The rotary dial sticks in the down position every now and again when i push the button. Any suggestions on how I can remediate ?

Many Thanks

James
I think he is referring to the silver button in the center of the rotary dial that we use to move around the menus/settings. It sounds like the silver button does not pop right back up after he presses it each time.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:39 PM
  #1686  
pcskyhi
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 70
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CARS II View Post
That one I think.


Yes. I don't usually push the rotary part. I always push from the center. On the 16/24 the center is silver so I always felt it was meant to be pressed and not the rotary part. Maybe pressing the rotary part puts it an angle which causes enough friction for it not to pop right back up. Just a thought.

Last edited by pcskyhi; 07-31-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:22 PM
  #1687  
ravill
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (11)
 
ravill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Granite Bay, Ca
Posts: 5,336
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Open it up and try to blow out any dust? I bet the Jeti guys would also replace it for you too.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:24 PM
  #1688  
Halcyon66
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 155
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Been flying for 41 yrs, first a digiace, then futaba, then century's (single stick and dual), JR/futaba mix, then graupner then spektrum, then jeti and probably about to try a core. So have been around the bock a bit, yet I have zero brand loyalty. In there day all of the above TX's had their +/-.

When something works I use it when I doesn't I don't. Most people hold onto stuff that they might not normally want to only due to the upgrade costs which these days can be substantial.

The extent some show in regards to brand loyalty, the never ending battles on forums is a strange occurrence. Be prepared as every RC brand since the beginning of time has enjoyed a peek and then a demise, nothing will change there.

I have drawn your ire as you believe I have questioned the joy of your life, a remote control unit.

My comments have not been focused on how good one TX is versus another, it had been about the change in the 900mhz system on the newer version that will not be compatible with previous. Additionally I commentated that a 12, 16, 24 hybrid from jeti could probably be in the works to reduce product lines.

Now if someone from Jeti chinned in and said don't worry we have a fix in the pipeline regarding the 900mhz concern then end of conversation.

Regards,

Last edited by Halcyon66; 07-31-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:35 PM
  #1689  
ravill
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (11)
 
ravill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Granite Bay, Ca
Posts: 5,336
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

I know unless some unforeseen RF change happens at my field, I won’t be getting a new tx until I can’t get compatible stuff anymore.

Like JR, we were friends to the bitter end. I envision the same for Jeti.
The following users liked this post:
Dansy (08-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 09:30 AM
  #1690  
jamessymons
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Midstream, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 60
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CARS II View Post
That one I think, it rotates and moves up an down when pushed.


That's the one. ZB it is the DS24 Carbon. Both the dial and the button get stuck.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:58 AM
  #1691  
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)
 
Dansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Prescott, Ont.
Posts: 2,009
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Halcyon66 View Post
Been flying for 41 yrs, first a digiace, then futaba, then century's (single stick and dual), JR/futaba mix, then graupner then spektrum, then jeti and probably about to try a core. So have been around the bock a bit, yet I have zero brand loyalty. In there day all of the above TX's had their +/-.

When something works I use it when I doesn't I don't. Most people hold onto stuff that they might not normally want to only due to the upgrade costs which these days can be substantial.

The extent some show in regards to brand loyalty, the never ending battles on forums is a strange occurrence. Be prepared as every RC brand since the beginning of time has enjoyed a peek and then a demise, nothing will change there.

I have drawn your ire as you believe I have questioned the joy of your life, a remote control unit.

My comments have not been focused on how good one TX is versus another, it had been about the change in the 900mhz system on the newer version that will not be compatible with previous. Additionally I commentated that a 12, 16, 24 hybrid from jeti could probably be in the works to reduce product lines.

Now if someone from Jeti chinned in and said don't worry we have a fix in the pipeline regarding the 900mhz concern then end of conversation.

Regards,
Wow your pretty impressive.....I have loyalty because I love the products.....and as an ex-military I guess its in my fiber
Old 08-01-2020, 10:11 AM
  #1692  
causeitflies
 
causeitflies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: EASTERN OHIO
Posts: 2,264
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Halcyon66 View Post

Now if someone from Jeti chinned in and said don't worry we have a fix in the pipeline regarding the 900mhz concern then end of conversation.

Regards,
There is no fix. There is nothing to fix, just as I dont expect a color screen for my old DS 16 as a fix.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:06 PM
  #1693  
Halcyon66
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 155
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

How can one militarize a discussion regarding a remote control unit?

Fix, as the 2.4 and 900 are on one plug in board it would not be very complicated.

Regards,
Old 08-01-2020, 03:27 PM
  #1694  
F1 Rocket
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 480
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Halcyon66 View Post
How can one militarize a discussion regarding a remote control unit?

Fix, as the 2.4 and 900 are on one plug in board it would not be very complicated.

Regards,
Not complicated for most of the world. Maybe Jeti will offer that this. If would however require recertification for the North American market. This cost $$,$$$.00. Maybe ZB will do this. Maybe not. How much would you be willing to pay?
Old 08-01-2020, 04:11 PM
  #1695  
Airman98
My Feedback: (8)
 
Airman98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Carterville IL
Posts: 140
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

I'm really confused about this fuss over the 900mhz rec. Im guessing very few people are using this as a backup. I've seen people say they have flown their planes with the 900 alone to test it out. So I'm guessing in the event your two 2.4s go out the old 900 will do the job just fine. You act like the new 900 is world changing and somehow makes the old one obsolete. For pete sake this is just a backup receiver that more than likely will never be called upon in your planes lifetime. And i'm sure jeti will sell the old 900 as long as there is a demand for it. I do run a 900 in all my jets and dont have the slightest concern it wont do the job it was intended for.
The following users liked this post:
uncleTom (08-01-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 05:55 AM
  #1696  
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)
 
Viper1GJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Saint George , SC
Posts: 1,463
Likes: 0
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

Craig,

Here is my 3D printed stand for the DS-24. It was designed by my friend Keith (yellowbird911) . The one in the photos has been working great for 2 years. I love it. It slides on the handle from the side with the DS-24 handles going through the opening. It has just enough friction to hold position and then easily fold for storage.

The link is on Thingiverse. I don't know if the link is his latest mod as the first one I used split where it goes around the DS-24 handle. The mod was to add material around the base of each side of the bracket that slides on the DS-24 handle. I can find out from Keith if he has a later file with the mod.

Gary

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2886136











Old 08-02-2020, 07:35 AM
  #1697  
F1 Rocket
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 480
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

That transmitter case looks like its holding up well
Old 08-02-2020, 10:54 AM
  #1698  
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)
 
CARS II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 5,696
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Those cases hold up really good, we use them at work, UA, we have been using them for about 2 years now and the abuse they get from the guys at the airport is immense, we have like 40 of them, solid cases, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of them if I was on the market to get one.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:59 AM
  #1699  
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)
 
CARS II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 5,696
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

Gary

Is there a place were to get the trim hats.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:12 AM
  #1700  
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)
 
Bob_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bluegrass State of Mind
Posts: 4,242
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CARS II View Post
Gary

Is there a place were to get the trim hats.

G-TRIM BLACK - GRUMANIA JETS

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.