Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 11:33 PM
DEMONjoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by why_fly_high
Is there a diagram anywhere showing this setup? That would really help.
No diagram, sorry. But simply follow the text from the manual I posted above how to connect the 2 rx to the Pro, and the Pro to the CB200/400, plus the additional patch cable from port 4 of the Pro to any available servo output on the CB. It's the easiest way to wire up the CORTEXpro of all.
Afterwards, if you want to add a 900MHz rx, there is a slight difference depending on what you use, a CB400 or CB200. For the CB400, simply add the 900MHz to the CB400's Ext port, as Egil did.
For a CB200, unplug the wire from port 5 on the Pro and connect the 900MHz rx to that plug, leaving the other side on port Rx2 of the CB200.
Done.
Hope that does help.

Here is a video for how to connect and teach in the system with CB200 and 2 rx:

Last edited by DEMONjoe; 09-27-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:57 AM
DEMONjoe

Ok, here we go. Not the most beautiful diagram, but works
The light blue line for the additional power can go to any available servo port on the CB, as well as to any of the CORTEXpro's ports 1-4 (or even 5 if signal wire is removed).

Old 10-02-2018, 06:09 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DEMONjoe
Ok, here we go. Not the most beautiful diagram, but works
The light blue line for the additional power can go to any available servo port on the CB, as well as to any of the CORTEXpro's ports 1-4 (or even 5 if signal wire is removed).

This is the exact setup I am running on my Havoc.. the 2.4's are presently in Dual path for the first dozen flights, then I will move 2.4's to default / clone.
What Im finding is the second 2.4 receiver really isn't necessary when the primary is in Default.. the R900 has turned out to be very robust in its ability to hold signal.
My opinion only.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:59 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

One question I have is with this my understanding is that IF the radio shifts to 900mhz, it by passes the gyro correct? All of my jets fly fine without the gyro but I have found that things get a little strange being that expos and throws are set for gyro gains. I guess if the 900mhz alarm goes off you just flip to gyro off setting so that the expo and throws are correct for nondamped mode.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:02 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

With the new REX RX version both receiveers can be chain in EXBus...firmware 1.12 for REX...only

Last edited by Dansy; 10-02-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:09 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
With the new REX RX version both receiveers can be chain in EXBus...firmware 1.10 for REX...only

FW 1.10 does not include this capability. We are testing a new FW which will. It will be released as soon as the testing is finalized .

Danny
Old 10-02-2018, 10:01 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket

FW 1.12 does not include this capability. We are testing a new FW which will. It will be released as soon as the testing is finalized .

Danny
sorry on 1.12 for Rex RX

Well it does on my updated REX RX on the E1 or E2 channel, I can now do Input/ExBus......and it’s in the notes...so I would I think it does work...?
Old 10-02-2018, 11:19 AM
F1 Rocket

Yes 1.12 is the one for this.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:12 PM
Bobneal1
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a problem with a cortex pro. I have 2 Jeti RS 3 receivers serial feeding the Cortex pro and the outputs of the Cortex pro go to a CB 200. With the gyro gain set at 10% the airplane flies well. With takeoff flaps selected, the airplane requires no aileron trim. After flap retraction, and re extension for landing the aircraft rolls right and requires left trim to correct. If the Cortex pro gain is set to zero, the right roll disappears. I have re initialized the Cortex pro and it has not helped. .

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 10-03-2018, 10:39 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by why_fly_high
One question I have is with this my understanding is that IF the radio shifts to 900mhz, it by passes the gyro correct? All of my jets fly fine without the gyro but I have found that things get a little strange being that expos and throws are set for gyro gains. I guess if the 900mhz alarm goes off you just flip to gyro off setting so that the expo and throws are correct for nondamped mode.
In order to maintain gyro control during backup transmission.... I have one R3 in port B, R900 in port A of CP... port 6 of CP to SAT1 of CB200 and the second R3 in SAT 2, and of course power cord to port 4 of CP.

David
Old 10-04-2018, 12:12 AM
DEMONjoe

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
In order to maintain gyro control during backup transmission.... I have one R3 in port B, R900 in port A of CP... port 6 of CP to SAT1 of CB200 and the second R3 in SAT 2, and of course power cord to port 4 of CP.

David, that's another option, but you then loose the gyro-controlled 2.4 backup, which means that every time the primary fails, the CORTEXpro will switch to the 90MHz rx and not to the other 2.4GHz rx, which may still be ok and "connected". And this, as far as I heard, will change control feel at least a bit via the 900MHz. So I would prefer the upper setup over this version.
The perfect solution will be the one to hook up the 900 rx to one of the 2.4 rxs, all signals at any time running through the CORTEXpro. Lets hope the rx firmware will be ready to do so soon.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:16 AM
F1 Rocket

Originally Posted by Bobneal1
I have a problem with a cortex pro. I have 2 Jeti RS 3 receivers serial feeding the Cortex pro and the outputs of the Cortex pro go to a CB 200. With the gyro gain set at 10% the airplane flies well. With takeoff flaps selected, the airplane requires no aileron trim. After flap retraction, and re extension for landing the aircraft rolls right and requires left trim to correct. If the Cortex pro gain is set to zero, the right roll disappears. I have re initialized the Cortex pro and it has not helped. .

Any ideas?

Thanks
Please give me a call so we can discuss this and figure out what’s up.

Danny
407-687-3126
Old 10-11-2018, 11:42 PM
DEMONjoe

Did you get this solved?
Old 10-14-2018, 06:03 PM
Bobneal1

Default rolling tendency with full flaps

Did you get this solved?
I have a problem with a cortex pro. I have 2 Jeti RS 3 receivers serial feeding the Cortex pro and the outputs of the Cortex pro go to a CB 200. With the gyro gain set at 10% the airplane flies well. With takeoff flaps selected, the airplane requires no aileron trim. After flap retraction, and re extension for landing the aircraft rolls right and requires left trim to correct. If the Cortex pro gain is set to zero, the right roll disappears. I have re initialized the Cortex pro and it has not helped

What is the correct update period going into the Cortex pro using serial data from a Jeti RX? I had it set at 5ms , and on power up my right aileron would oscillate up and down until the "double bump" and then it would stop. It does not do it every time and if I shut down and re power the airplane, most of the time it doesn't do it . I have since decreased the update rate to 22ms and now it doesn't oscillate on power up. The servo is a JR wide voltage brushless digital. I have not had the chance to fly since I made this change so I don't know if it had any affect on the rolling tendency with full flaps.

Thanks,
Bob Neal
Old 10-15-2018, 12:25 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Bob i asume you have all trim settings in the jeti set to Separate?

so i program my jets with Crow settings , however i have set all trim to seperatly.
i first fly ly jet until trimmed out.
then i program the Cortex and learn the system in the "trimmed out "Fly "setting.
when i reboot the model i make sure its set to Fly and wait for the cortex to initialize.
after that i set it to take off.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:53 AM
DEMONjoe

Danny
407-687-3126
Bob, you should take this offer! Danny is your man, believe me. And you did not give him a call yet.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:57 AM
Bobneal1

Default Rolling with flaps

Bob, you should take this offer! Danny is your man, believe me. And you did not give him a call yet.
Yes I have spoken with Danny. I have not resolved my problem. I do use separate trims with my Jeti and the plane was flown and trimmed and re setup before turning the gain up from zero. When I fly the plane with the gain at zero the rolling with flaps does not occur. I have a new in box Cortex pro that I'm going to sub out with the one that's in the airplane if slowing the update rate does not solve the problem.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:26 AM
F1 Rocket

Hi Bob, I don’t think changing the update rate will will effect your issue. One thing we did not discuss was if the CP was mounted off axis. This will cause strange things like apparent trim changes. Please check that the sensor unit is aligned with the flight axis of the airplane. If this is correct, please try the other CP you have and let us know the result.

Danny
Old 10-28-2018, 09:52 AM
thebluemax
My Feedback: (151)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cortex Pro Software Help

I need some help as I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Is there a manual or some videos on how to use the software for the Cortex Pro? I know Camoy did several great videos for the software with the Cortex. But I haven found anything for the Cortex Pro, except for videos on updating the firmware. I can update the firmware no problem which I have done as well as re-installed the software, but I have no idea how to use the rest of the software. What I can and cannot change, etc..

How do I know if any changes like inverting the Cortex Pro are actually saved to the Cortex Pro as it always asks for a file name to save it to with the config file as a default. I do not see anything happen in the diagnose tab. When I hook up the USB wire to the Cortex Pro with my RX and TX turned off, I can see the settings except for the diagnose tab. But if I turn the TX and RX on, it locks up and it also resets my Cortex Pro so that it does not recognize my servos. The Cortex Pro and my X10+ expander blink red. My RX is green but the other two are red. I have to go through the teach mode and stick positions to get everything to work again.

My set up a DP Ultimate with 4 aileron servos (JR), 2 elevator servos (JR), and 1 rudder servo (Hitec). The servos are all digital even my throttle. My RX is an XPS (Xtreme Power Systems), RFU with their X10+ channel expander and it is set up as Futaba SBus mode in both the RFU receiver and X10+. Without using the software I can get everything to work but I do need to use the software as the Cortex Pro will end up being inverted in the fuse as everything gets mounted through the bottom wing and the Cortex Pro will be upside down when flying.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.
Bill
Old 10-28-2018, 11:33 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

With the radio off connect the gyro to the pc and configure the gyro with correct orientation. The gyro will auto save the new settings. The save feature allows you to save and name the config. In case you need to reload it to the gyro.
Old 10-28-2018, 02:14 PM
thebluemax

Originally Posted by Bob_B
With the radio off connect the gyro to the pc and configure the gyro with correct orientation. The gyro will auto save the new settings. The save feature allows you to save and name the config. In case you need to reload it to the gyro.
Ok. Got it. Thank you for getting back to me. Do you know what the deal is with Diagnosis if the radio is off?

Last edited by thebluemax; 10-28-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:54 PM
F1 Rocket

Diagnose displays the inputs from the radio system as received by the Cortex Pro. No radio, no inputs, nothing to display.

Danny
Old 10-28-2018, 04:21 PM
thebluemax

Diagnose displays the inputs from the radio system as received by the Cortex Pro. No radio, no inputs, nothing to display.

Danny
Interesting. I was use to the software for the Demon Cortex and I thought it worked the same. Thanks Danny.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:52 PM
F1 Rocket

Originally Posted by thebluemax
Interesting. I was use to the software for the Demon Cortex and I thought it worked the same. Thanks Danny.
The original Cortex is the same in this respect. No data, no diagnose info.

Danny
Old 11-05-2018, 05:57 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a question for the Cortex pro setup guys. If I am running two Cortex one is a pro the other is the regular original Cortex. Can I put them on a Y harnes or mix them on the gain Channel from my RX? Maybe even have them on two separate switches so I can have different gain. I am running the pro (6 ch) on the ailerons (4ch) and the elevator (2ch) the second (5ch) on the ruder (1ch) and the steering (2ch) with two (3-4 ch) for my differential brakes run by two UP6 valves. With this setup how would you do the bind setup?
Fyi this is going in a 100cc test frame but the eventual setup will be in a Meister P47.

Thanks

TB

Last edited by TonyBuilder; 11-05-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.