Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 10:46 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

hope that the 1 lb is the density of the material, and not the weight of the hush box...
Old 10-14-2023, 08:46 AM
natxo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

I'm looking to install a cortex pro on a rebel hot, i read the pdf from bavarian and some info on the net, please excuse me if i'm going to ask something that has previously replied.

I fly with Jeti and i have on the plane (11 slots):
+ elevator channel (2 servos)
+ rudder channel
+ aileron channel (2 servos)
+ flap channel (2 servos)
+ retract channel
+ brake channel
+ nose gear channel
+ turbine throttle
+ AG63 pro brake steering gyro.

If i understand cortex correctly i can have using serial ports:
+ one receiver on port B and 7 stabilized channels
+ add a redundant receiver on port A and have 6 stabilized channels

As i want to stabilize elevator (2 servos), ailerons (2 servos), rudder (1 servo) i will use 5 slots on the cortex and i will need 6 slots on jeti receiver (so min i need a REX6 and if i want a redundant receiver i can use a rsat?).

Is this correct? I wanted to use the minimal amount of devices, anyway i can reduce the amount of elements? How can i deal with the cortex and AG63pro?

Regards,
Jose

Old 10-14-2023, 11:03 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 83 Likes on 72 Posts

Loose the AG63, just run the nose gear steering servo through the cortex.
limit your brake power using the function curve in your Tx.
The following users liked this post:
tp777fo (10-15-2023)
Old 10-14-2023, 11:37 AM
natxo

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Loose the AG63, just run the nose gear steering servo through the cortex.
limit your brake power using the function curve in your Tx.
Thank you Bob, with the AG63 plane brakes straight as an arrow...i would like to preserve that function
Old 10-14-2023, 01:11 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 83 Likes on 72 Posts

Then just use the cortex for flight functions, simple.
Old 10-14-2023, 04:07 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by natxo
Hello

I'm looking to install a cortex pro on a rebel hot, i read the pdf from bavarian and some info on the net, please excuse me if i'm going to ask something that has previously replied.

I fly with Jeti and i have on the plane (11 slots):
+ elevator channel (2 servos)
+ rudder channel
+ aileron channel (2 servos)
+ flap channel (2 servos)
+ retract channel
+ brake channel
+ nose gear channel
+ turbine throttle
+ AG63 pro brake steering gyro.

If i understand cortex correctly i can have using serial ports:
+ one receiver on port B and 7 stabilized channels
+ add a redundant receiver on port A and have 6 stabilized channels

As i want to stabilize elevator (2 servos), ailerons (2 servos), rudder (1 servo) i will use 5 slots on the cortex and i will need 6 slots on jeti receiver (so min i need a REX6 and if i want a redundant receiver i can use a rsat?).

Is this correct? I wanted to use the minimal amount of devices, anyway i can reduce the amount of elements? How can i deal with the cortex and AG63pro?

Regards,
Jose
‘Actually the cortex pro will stabilize the 16 first channels of the ExBus signal from the receiver…..that the gain has to be in the first 16 as well….
Skunkwrks (10-17-2023)
Old 10-18-2023, 02:11 AM
natxo

Thank you, i think i got it, cortex is on order and will be installed soon

Regards,
Jose
Old 11-17-2023, 07:44 AM
roydefiant

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

When settling up cortex pro I have 3 different flight modes. In the landing mode I’m planning on programming in some crow on ailerons.

Does anything special need to be done so the demon cortex pro will function properly in landing flight mode when crow is active?
Old 11-17-2023, 07:57 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 111 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by roydefiant
When settling up cortex pro I have 3 different flight modes. In the landing mode I’m planning on programming in some crow on ailerons.

Does anything special need to be done so the demon cortex pro will function properly in landing flight mode when crow is active?
Hi - I do the same. I teach the cortex pro in cruise mode. I have different gains associated with each flight mode. I find 30% for Cruise, 40% for take-off and 60% for landing is a good starting point.
Old 11-17-2023, 08:32 AM
roydefiant

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

That makes sense as I know from previous experience experience with my Jeti the trim settings are independent in each flight mode. Just wasn’t sure when using butterfly/crow in the programming if it would make a difference. Easy to figure out
Old 11-17-2023, 05:18 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by roydefiant
That makes sense as I know from previous experience experience with my Jeti the trim settings are independent in each flight mode. Just wasn’t sure when using butterfly/crow in the programming if it would make a difference. Easy to figure out
I used crow on land flap nothing special to do, doesn’t change the basic of the CP
Old 11-21-2023, 11:22 PM
FlyJ

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

EDIT WITH SOLUTION: Turns out I needed to reteach the signal type with both receivers plugged in. Simple fix. I must have taught the gyro with only one receiver was plugged in the first time. Works great now.

I’m running a cortex pro in combination with a pioneer and having some issues. I’ve got two receivers connected ports A & B, and two outputs from ports 5 & 6 connected to the pioneer RX 1 & RX 2. All controls work and the gyro has been taught.

The issue I’m having is that I’m only getting data out from port 6. I can unplug either receiver, and everything still functions. If I were to unplug the line from port 6, it goes into failsafe. How do I set the cortex to run with 2 data outputs?

Last edited by FlyJ; 11-22-2023 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-22-2023, 05:19 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by FlyJ
EDIT WITH SOLUTION: Turns out I needed to reteach the signal type with both receivers plugged in. Simple fix. I must have taught the gyro with only one receiver was plugged in the first time. Works great now.

I’m running a cortex pro in combination with a pioneer and having some issues. I’ve got two receivers connected ports A & B, and two outputs from ports 5 & 6 connected to the pioneer RX 1 & RX 2. All controls work and the gyro has been taught.

The issue I’m having is that I’m only getting data out from port 6. I can unplug either receiver, and everything still functions. If I were to unplug the line from port 6, it goes into failsafe. How do I set the cortex to run with 2 data outputs?
‘I’m pretty sure it’s a PowerBox thing, works fine with the CB’s
Old 11-23-2023, 02:41 PM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

Hoping one day Jonathan from the LSRC has a tutorial from Spektrum users as he did for Jeti. I want to get away from the AS3000 since its getting dated and who knows when to new gyros get released.

I know its fairly simple it's just a lot easier to me to watch and learn.
Canadian Man (02-27-2024)
Old 11-23-2023, 05:40 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by F900
Hoping one day Jonathan from the LSRC has a tutorial from Spektrum users as he did for Jeti. I want to get away from the AS3000 since its getting dated and who knows when to new gyros get released.

I know its fairly simple it's just a lot easier to me to watch and learn.
‘Actually I saw an announcement about there new gyro AS6000 a few days ago….
Old 02-26-2024, 08:12 AM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm in the midst of converting a jet over to Jeti. It has a Cortex Pro going into a Powerbox Competition. I have two R3 rx's going in to the Cortex using Ex bus. Just trying to find out if anyone has successfully setup throttle failsafe using Jeti with the Cortex and Powerbox. From the Cortex manual, it seems you can't really get failsafe to operate due to the EX bus lack of sending out a "true" failsafe signal that the Cortex can see? The text below seems to imply that you can set failsafe positions in the Cortex which I can't seem to find when bringing up the software and from the second line it implies that the internal failsafe wouldn't work if you lose communication between the Rx and the Tx which doesn't really seem like a great failsafe? This is the only plane I have a Cortex in. Everything else is working fine but it's meaningless if I can't get a FS working. Thanks. From the Cortex manual....

FAILSAFE
For every single channel run through the system, no matter if stabilized or not, a failsafe value can be defined. To use this option, set all transmitter channels to the desired values, followed by a click on the software‘s button ‚Learn failsafe values‘. Done.

Note: The internal failsafe will only be activated, if there is no „proper“ signal received from the receiver (e.g. connection cut between receiver and system). Thus, if there is a failure in the link between transmitter and receiver, and the receiver‘s failsafe is activated, the system‘s failsafe will not activate.

Note: The internal failsafe is NOT available form Jeti EX.bus, as this protocol does not feature a failsafe information for following devices. This is taken care about by the CentralBox.
Old 02-26-2024, 01:01 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Failsafe should be set in what ever the servo or device is physically connected to.
Old 02-27-2024, 01:09 PM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket
Failsafe should be set in what ever the servo or device is physically connected to.
Thanks Danny. Continued messing with it today and really couldn't tell if it was the Cortex or Powerbox giving me the issue and was almost ready to try a CB 210 when I decided to see if there was an update to the Competition which there was. Don't really know what the update fixed as they don't tell you but it solved the problem as I had always had the f/s set in the powerbox but it didn't work. When I had it working with the Futaba setup years ago, it only worked when setting the failsafe on the throttle in the Tx which was good enough to know it would shutdown when needed so I never pursued the issue as it was "good enough". Apparently with Jeti EX protocol, it wasn't and I needed to get the issue resolved with the PB.
Old 04-07-2024, 02:22 PM
tuskegee
My Feedback: (1)

Default Program Cortex Pro to (Futaba) receiver 3008SB Power hub DLPH-1

How do you do the programming to the TOne F-16 1/8th with the Futaba BUS T16IZ../R3008SB(x2) Cortex Pro../DLPH-1
this is my first jet setup.
thanks,
Old 04-08-2024, 04:36 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

SBus each receiver directly to pro port 1-2 and out to expander DLPH-1. You have to change pro to SBus signal with bind plug. Read pro directions really easy

Unfortunately if you are doing telemetry you have to plug directly into one of the receivers. The cortex dose not processed SBus2 only SBus
tuskegee (04-08-2024)