Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 10:19 AM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for responding. At the fuse side, the wing tube center looks to be about 210mm so somewhere between 204 and 210 sounds good. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:37 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I’m about at 210 as well.....UAT full and Gear down
Old 04-12-2020, 11:50 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

207, UAT Full, Gear Down, Tank Empty.

Flys great!
Old 04-12-2020, 12:09 PM
Afterburners

Hmm, I'm running a Jetcentral Bee SE, both fuel tanks installed with a 2100 three cell life ECU battery on the side of the fuel tank but I have to put both two cell 2100 lipo rx batts(4.6 oz each) up on the raised front deck to be in the CG range. I am running a 2oz. mini air trap just about butted up against the front of the fuel tank so maybe that has something to do with it. From all the pics in this thread it looked like most put all the batts on the side of the fuel tank. Anyone else need to put batts up front?
Old 04-12-2020, 12:14 PM
camss69

I’m running 2100 life ECU batt directly in front of the tank. 2600 LiIon batts next to the tank, UAT directly in front of the ECU batt.. Running K85, no smoke tank/pump.

Old 04-12-2020, 12:32 PM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by camss69
I’m running 2100 life ECU batt directly in front of the tank. 2600 LiIon batts next to the tank, UAT directly in front of the ECU batt.. Running K85, no smoke tank/pump.
And all you have on the upper deck is the brake controller? The Bee has the pump, valves and ECU in one box and I have that on the very back of the main board right in front of the main tank.
Old 04-12-2020, 12:55 PM
camss69

Originally Posted by Afterburners
And all you have on the upper deck is the brake controller? The Bee has the pump, valves and ECU in one box and I have that on the very back of the main board right in front of the main tank.
yes just the brake controller and retract door servo on that front deck.
Old 04-12-2020, 12:59 PM
Dansy

I’m running 2x 2100 LiPo on the front tray and a 2s LiPo 2100 as well.....my ECU 2100 is just beside the nose door servo....and still the same earlier 17/18 winter model...with a K85

Last edited by Dansy; 04-12-2020 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:30 PM
Afterburners

Daniel, I'm a little confused. On your mini you have batteries up front or just on the T one?
Old 04-12-2020, 03:29 PM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I run my 2100 mah ECU battery mounted on top of the fuel tank, my 2 fromeco 2600 flight batteries are mounted over the nose gear.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:47 PM
Afterburners

Thanks for the info guys. At least someone else needed some nose weight.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:01 PM
Dansy

Daniel, I'm a little confused. On your mini you have batteries up front or just on the T one?
Wooppss sorry I follow both the mini and the t-1 I will try to change that....photo from the build 3 batteries up front....many changes singe but the batteries stay there.....now with....replace the KingTech telemetry with a CTU, Cortex pro, LG15 and a REX12 instead of the Assist REX12.....

Last edited by Dansy; 04-12-2020 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:01 AM
Randy Smith

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Engine Out Landing

Here's a question for the group... have you ever had to land unexpectedly due to an engine flame out with your T-1 Mini?
How does the model perform in terms of glide and sink rate?
What is the proper landing procedure in terms of flap settings, gear, etc.

I an experienced pylon racer where every landing we do is dead stick so the thought of one does not bother me. I'm relatively new to jets (100 flights, 20 on the T-1 Mini) and I have never had an engine failure. I was just thinking about what I would do and how to handle it if it ever did occur. I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Thanks,

R
Old 04-23-2020, 08:25 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by Randy Smith
Here's a question for the group... have you ever had to land unexpectedly due to an engine flame out with your T-1 Mini?

I an experienced pylon racer where every landing we do is dead stick so the thought of one does not bother me. I'm relatively new to jets (100 flights, 20 on the T-1 Mini) and I have never had an engine failure. I was just thinking about what I would do and how to handle it if it ever did occur. I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Thanks,

R
A loaded question for sure....

I never had a dead stick on any of my jets...but I only been flying these jet since 2015 my experience (30+years)F3A, 3D and sports....but since I’m retired...I travel to a lot of events...... I did shutdown the Turbo Prop last year when I had a gear problem...in order to limit damage....it’s was a F3A type TP plane and it glide quite well....landed in the grass on the other side of the runway in front of me, it was a complete guess...for the shutdown and flaps setting...my goal was to have the prop turning as slow as possible (free wheeling)

None of my other jet I would consider flotter by any stretch....mini t-1 included.......so my answer is depends how fast your going, how high you are, winds and where in pattern you are....it’s all about gut feeling...and trying to make the runway might be the wrong thing to do....the only thing for sure put the gear down only when your sure your will be making the runway...it increase drag quite a bit...

An example on if it happen to me on takeoff, ideally I would bring the gear up(off field) and land ahead.....if possible, no way I would try to make a 180 unless...I’m already fast and high....see we’re I’m going with this...there’s tons of variables....

Good question, and everyone can think what they would do...but on the heat of the moment the wrong choice could happen, seen it many times....
Old 04-23-2020, 08:52 AM
camss69

Originally Posted by Randy Smith

Thanks,

R
I’ve been flying this jet for a little over a year now, this is my first jet but I’ve been in the hobby for a REALLY long time and have flown just about everything there is to fly. Like yourself I’ve raced pylon although only for a few years.

I coincidentally had my first flameout situation this past Sunday on flight number 40. Conditions were what I would call a moderate wind down the runway, I was at full throttle headed upwind for a high speed pass before I had planned to setup for landing. So full throttle, close to full speed so well over 100mph and about 35ft up. Engine died about 1/3 of the way down the runway I immediately turned out away from the runway, gained very little to no altitude and made a nice gentle circle lining up for final. I kept my gear up until the middle of the base leg, (or what would be the base leg of a circle) and only went to takeoff flaps as I was on final with the runway guaranteed. Landing was uneventful and I’m working with Kingtech to determine the cause of the flameout as my telemetry looks clean and there was zero air in any of the fuel system.

Couple of thoughts, she’s heavy and clean so she carry’s speed well as long as you keep the nose down. You are normally (or at least I am) going to zero throttle on base anyway during a normal landing. So really if you can get to base or even final with a close to normal speed and altitude the remainder of the landing should be pretty normal. It does “float” pretty well considering the weight, I’m surprised on a lot of landings how slow it will get when I flare before touching down.

This also caused conversation at the field about how lucky I was to have the flameout occur where it did. Had I been at the other end of the runway I might not have been so lucky. But I was thinking if it did occur at the other end I think the right thing to do would have been to trade my airspeed for altitude, climb in a gentle turn out downwind, then make my way around the rest of the pattern while descending... I think that would have been very easily doable. Now if I had been quick enough to to think of that while it was happening I don’t know....

Anyway, the flameout definitely improved my confidence should that situation happen again... but I might have just got lucky this time. I have no other jets or flameouts to compare it to but since this happened a couple days ago I thought I would share my experience and thoughts on it.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:11 AM
Randy Smith

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Camss69, thanks so much for sharing your experience. Great information.

R
Old 04-23-2020, 10:41 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I've been flying turbine jets since 2012 (RC for more than 30 years) with more than 1500 turbine flights on 10 different jets including 3 T1 minis and a 2.2m T1. Last month I had my first flame-out, it was a maiden flight on a little Habu32 that I converted to turbine with a K30. I'm pretty sure the flameout was caused by an air bubble in the fuel filter. Anyway, because the Habu was not originally designed to have a fuel tank the aircraft is some what nose heavy at take-off so I have to burn off fuel in order to get the CG back for landing. The flameout happened about 1:30 into the flight, I was doing a 3/4 speed pass over the runway about 30' high when it flamed out (wind was calm). I immediately started to climb but could not immediately start a right turn due to some light poles at our field so once I was finally able to turn safely I got about half way through the turn and ran out of enough airspeed/energy to sustain the turn due to the nose heavy situation. So, I had no choice but to level out and glide straight to land. The airframe was damaged but everything else was unharmed. The reason I'm bringing this up is that these turbines are so reliable it's possible to fly for years without a flameout (in my case over 8 years) so it's easy to get complacent and not think about it when we are planning our flights, I can assure you that I'm thinking about it now

With the T1 mini the CG should not change too much as we burn fuel, but the CG will be more slightly forward earlier in the flight so keep that in mind when you are planning your emergency landings. -Tom
Old 04-24-2020, 06:53 AM
dribar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm doing a bit of jet comparison for myself. Looking for wing area and loading on the t1-mini. Anyone ever seen those numbers posted?
Old 05-09-2020, 07:15 AM
Big Sky
My Feedback: (4)

I recently bought a used t-1 mini, the left wing has a small gap in it were its meets the fuselage, maybe a 1/16" or so, from about the wing tube back, from front of wing, to tube is tight, no gap. right wing fine, buts up tight. I have tried holding pressure on the wing keeping it tight, locking the wing bolt down as tight as I dare, when I let go the pressure the wing pops back out and leaves that gap again. Any Ideas what causes this, I have flown it and it does not seem to be a factor, just curious why the right wing seats tight and the left wing leaves a gap on the trailing end, any Ideas I something I should look at.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:14 AM
Dansy

I have seen that before on my mini and other Mini and T-1....it flys fine...trim is good, just never bother with it...might be a groove in the carbon piece it wasn’t like that new....start doing that in the second year.....if I think about it, I might put some CA on the carbon piece to make it a little bigger sand it smooth to see if it make a difference
Old 05-09-2020, 11:36 AM
Big Sky
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by Dansy
I have seen that before on my mini and other Mini and T-1....it flys fine...trim is good, just never bother with it...might be a groove in the carbon piece it wasn’t like that new....start doing that in the second year.....if I think about it, I might put some CA on the carbon piece to make it a little bigger sand it smooth to see if it make a difference
Thanks
Old 05-10-2020, 08:56 AM
Afterburners

The search engine on RCU must use the Helen Keller algorithm so maybe those of you who know their all up dry weight can post it here. Just want to see how overweight mine is comparatively. Seems like every plane I build comes out overweight
Old 05-11-2020, 02:43 AM
dribar

One of the [many] things I love about the T1 mini is that you can be forced to stay home for two months, and your first flight (this past saturday] feels like you never stopped flying. Got in 5 flights this weekend. Ahhhhhhhh

Love this model.

Dan
Old 05-11-2020, 04:08 AM
Dansy

The search engine on RCU must use the Helen Keller algorithm so maybe those of you who know their all up dry weight can post it here. Just want to see how overweight mine is comparatively. Seems like every plane I build comes out overweight
Mine is about 8kg I wouldn’t call it light, but it’s loaded I’m also using both tank for fuel, Electron Retract, Jeti stuff, CP, CTU, 2x 2100rx and 1x 3s 2100 ecu....K85
Old 05-11-2020, 06:06 AM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by Dansy
Mine is about 8kg I wouldn’t call it light, but it’s loaded I’m also using both tank for fuel, Electron Retract, Jeti stuff, CP, CTU, 2x 2100rx and 1x 3s 2100 ecu....K85
Thanks Daniel. I'm about the same at 17.75 lb with both tanks, smoke pump, PB Mercury, two rx's and the same three batteries you are using.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.