Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR28X Jet Programming

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR28X Jet Programming

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 07:14 AM
F4dar
My Feedback: (55)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR28X Jet Programming

Hey Guys,
Just upgraded to 28X from my 12X and trying to figure out how to setup my Flash (12 ch w/smoke), F4 (12 ch w/out smoke) like to add few additional functions in future. I have some basic questions per below, but more in depth help on setup. Looking for JR team pilot for guidance, if you are available, please pm me? thanks Jason
I am going to setup both jets with Power Center Hub/xbus connected to RG812BX RX, Powered Servo Converters for main flight surfaces, regular converters for other channels. (All PWM servos for now)
Basic Flight mode setup (3 modes) to include all dual rate/exp/trims
My Basic questions:
-If i activate Xbus in radio and Rx, can i still use throttle ch from PWM output on RX?
- How do you setup Throttle trim for jet (make it act like a slider) or some clever alternative? In addition the throttle trim goes in both +/- direction, confusing?
- Cannot figure out how to assign group trim to surfaces for each flight mode, the switch logic confusing me?
- There is servo speed, and delay for almost every transition/mode switching, Not sure which has priority, do I need to program in flap servo speed or i can just do delay, does it matter?
- Same questions for servo travel, dual rates, sub trim. I can limit servo travel in several different places? does it matter where you set it and what is the priority?
- I really need a simple explanation of how to assign 3position switches (logic).

I could also use the help if someone can basically list their setup on comp arf flash.

Tx for your help.
Jason
Old 09-29-2017, 09:55 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by F4dar
Hey Guys,
Just upgraded to 28X from my 12X and trying to figure out how to setup my Flash (12 ch w/smoke), F4 (12 ch w/out smoke) like to add few additional functions in future. I have some basic questions per below, but more in depth help on setup. Looking for JR team pilot for guidance, if you are available, please pm me? thanks Jason
I am going to setup both jets with Power Center Hub/xbus connected to RG812BX RX, Powered Servo Converters for main flight surfaces, regular converters for other channels. (All PWM servos for now)
Basic Flight mode setup (3 modes) to include all dual rate/exp/trims
My Basic questions:
-If i activate Xbus in radio and Rx, can i still use throttle ch from PWM output on RX?
- How do you setup Throttle trim for jet (make it act like a slider) or some clever alternative? In addition the throttle trim goes in both +/- direction, confusing?
- Cannot figure out how to assign group trim to surfaces for each flight mode, the switch logic confusing me?
- There is servo speed, and delay for almost every transition/mode switching, Not sure which has priority, do I need to program in flap servo speed or i can just do delay, does it matter?
- Same questions for servo travel, dual rates, sub trim. I can limit servo travel in several different places? does it matter where you set it and what is the priority?
- I really need a simple explanation of how to assign 3position switches (logic).

I could also use the help if someone can basically list their setup on comp arf flash.

Tx for your help.
Jason
Throttle Channel - Yes, absolutely. You don't lose the PWM channel outputs.
For trim, 0 is neutral trim. +/- is simply each side of neutral.
By Trim for flight modes, do you mean so that individual trims are stored for each flight mode? If not, can you clarify what you're trying to do?
Servo speed is exactly what it sounds like. Delay refers to the setting having a delay from the time you activate the flight mode, to when the surface moves. So you could set your servo speed to 50%, which would slow it down, and set the delay to 0-10 seconds. So let's say you have your "normal" flight mode with a given elevator throw, but you switch to "land" mode, which has a different amount of elevator travel. Delay adds basically a transition time between those flight modes, so you don't get some crazy jump when switch modes.
Servo travel, expo, etc. can be setup as individual values based upon switch position.. As in you have a switch that changes elevator rates only, or you can group them in flight modes to change multiple settings via a single switch. It took me awhile to wrap my head about the programming logic here as well, and I've been flying JR for over 20 years.

While I'm in Afghanistan until Dec.. Feel free to contact me with any 28X programming questions you need help with.. I'll do my best to resolve them, or point you to someone who can..
Old 09-29-2017, 02:37 PM
scrogerio

I am having a problem in the date of the 28X. I put the right date and when the radio shut down, it reset the date. Anyone have had the same problem? I'm using the 006 version.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:59 PM
Doug Cronkhite

That sounds like the small internal battery is failing, but I am not 100% certain. I don't have my 28X here with me to test it.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:06 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
That sounds like the small internal battery is failing, but I am not 100% certain. I don't have my 28X here with me to test it.
I don't think tx's have had that internal backup battery for a number of years now Doug. The tx's normally use flash memory now, are you sure that tx will have that battery?
Old 09-29-2017, 10:26 PM
Doug Cronkhite

I am not.. hence why I said I wasn't 100% certain. I'll ask the guys at JRA if they might know what's causing it.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:21 AM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Its a little small round battery inside the transmitter case.
Will be easy to replace
Old 09-30-2017, 11:39 AM
F4dar
My Feedback: (55)

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
Throttle Channel - Yes, absolutely. You don't lose the PWM channel outputs.
For trim, 0 is neutral trim. +/- is simply each side of neutral.
By Trim for flight modes, do you mean so that individual trims are stored for each flight mode? If not, can you clarify what you're trying to do?
Servo speed is exactly what it sounds like. Delay refers to the setting having a delay from the time you activate the flight mode, to when the surface moves. So you could set your servo speed to 50%, which would slow it down, and set the delay to 0-10 seconds. So let's say you have your "normal" flight mode with a given elevator throw, but you switch to "land" mode, which has a different amount of elevator travel. Delay adds basically a transition time between those flight modes, so you don't get some crazy jump when switch modes.
Servo travel, expo, etc. can be setup as individual values based upon switch position.. As in you have a switch that changes elevator rates only, or you can group them in flight modes to change multiple settings via a single switch. It took me awhile to wrap my head about the programming logic here as well, and I've been flying JR for over 20 years.

While I'm in Afghanistan until Dec.. Feel free to contact me with any 28X programming questions you need help with.. I'll do my best to resolve them, or point you to someone who can..
Thanks Doug for your feedback,
Let me try a couple of specific questions see if you or jet guys with 28X can tell me the exact sequence?

- Based on manual, I should be able to assign specific trim resolution (2,4,xx) for each control surface for each flight mode? I have three flight modes (cruise, Take off, Landing). Can you tell me the sequence?

- what is the typical logic for a three position switch? Explain sequence of setting up a simple three position switch?

Thanks again and if there are any jet guys on 28x you can PM me so that I can contact you would be great.

Jason
Old 09-30-2017, 11:38 PM
Doug Cronkhite

I don't remember if Trim Step can be changed on a per flight mode basis, but I know it can be changed per control function..

3 position switches can be used for almost anything controlled by a switch. Flaps for example.. Up being Flaps Up, Middle being Takeoff Flaps, and Down being Land Flaps. You could also use them to control flight modes.. Can you give me an idea of what you want to do? I'm not really understanding what you're asking I think.