Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Have been trying to set up the gyro SAT with a PBR9D receiver. I find the setup procedure a bit confusing. A video will really help.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:47 PM
Ragz

Is there a way to change the unit on the PBS16 sensor from BAR to PsI?
Old 12-25-2019, 12:46 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Anurag

Happy Xmas. Not had a chance to set up my iSAT yet, but it looked fairly straight forward following the steps.

In Europe BAR is the usual pressure measurement they use, so I guess for now that is the only choice, it’s a simple enough conversion in your head and most filling air pumps show both units.

Dave
Old 12-25-2019, 01:45 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone of you early test pilots on Core system that can tell more about the Multiplex cooperation. Great news for a Multiplex fan

Merry X mas from Northern Norway
Arne
Old 12-25-2019, 05:52 AM
Dave Wilshere

What would you like to know? It allows MPX to sell a version with protocol to drive MPX Rx’s giving them a state of the art system. It will be a slightly higher price than the pure PB system.
Old 12-25-2019, 02:22 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragz
Is there a way to change the unit on the PBS16 sensor from BAR to PsI?
Good question, but I am sure an easy conversion choice that PB can/will support - especially with so many countries using psi.

JanR
Old 12-25-2019, 11:24 PM
Ragz

Dave, whenever you do end up setting up the SAT, do share your experience.
Old 12-26-2019, 12:55 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
Good question, but I am sure an easy conversion choice that PB can/will support - especially with so many countries using psi.

JanR
C,mon guys, 1 bar is 15 psi ( ok, 14.5 to be more precise). Do you really need PB to change calibration with a software change ?
Old 12-26-2019, 01:58 AM
Springbok Flyer

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
C,mon guys, 1 bar is 15 psi ( ok, 14.5 to be more precise). Do you really need PB to change calibration with a software change ?
Yes!
Old 12-26-2019, 03:14 AM
David Gladwin

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
Yes!

Why?
Old 12-26-2019, 03:46 AM
Springbok Flyer

Why?
For the same reason that on all great devices, conversion is offered for all the units that we use.: mass, measure, velocity, power, etc. There is absolutely no reason why we should accept anything less on a new top end radio. Even when I use a basic pump, I can either refer to bar or psi - so the Core should give me that option too. Allow me - the user - to select my preferred unit.

That's why!
Old 12-26-2019, 10:07 AM
Dave Wilshere

Anyway, I have a reply from Powerbox (on Boxing Day!) and psi is already there, you can change from imperial to metric and back...
Old 12-26-2019, 10:13 AM
David Gladwin

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
Anyway, I have a reply from Powerbox (on Boxing Day!) and psi is already there, you can change from imperial to metric and back...
Wow, what a relief, we are saved !!!!
Old 12-26-2019, 11:12 AM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, what a relief, we are saved !!!!
Should not be a life threatening situation David😉, but yes why not with a high end Radio?
As an Airline Captain I am sure you are used to looking at your fuel figures in maybe Kg, imagine if the display is now in Lbs.
Of course nothing we can’t manage, but would you not prefer figures your more comfortable dealing with daily?

Wishing you Happy landings for 2020.

Regards
Chatty.
The following users liked this post:
miksterr (04-27-2020)
Old 12-26-2019, 12:47 PM
David Gladwin

Yes I am used to seeing kg , lbs , galls of fuel , psi of hydraulics, millibars, hectopascals, inches of mercury, feet of altitude, metres of alt ( in certain airspaces) and runway length etc. Etc. ! Never any trouble in working with them, they are all simple conversions.

Just surprised that with such a technical hobby as we have and with the Core such a capable and advanced instrument, some guys make a big deal of the simplest conversion, bar to psi and vv. My 7 year old grandsons can do it in a fraction of a second.

I thought there were more vastly important aspects to discuss but the thread seems to have slowed, pity really there is so much to learn, and discuss as the system progresses.

Anyway, happy new year !

Now, about the I Sat gyro !!

PS, Aviation uses about ALL of those units plus degrees. F to C and vv.!

Last edited by David Gladwin; 12-26-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-26-2019, 01:08 PM
Springbok Flyer

Just surprised that with such a technical hobby as we have and with the Core such a capable and advanced instrument..........
Phew.....thanks Chatty, we're getting there.
Old 12-26-2019, 01:50 PM
Springbok Flyer

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere

Thanks for that Dave, so it is just a case of exploring and checking on the already installed features. Frankly, I would not have expected any less from PB, they do strive for excellence. But as users and modelers we should always be entitled to request and expect what we feel to be important to the improvement of our experience with the products we use. It is all the little details that will ultimately get my £€$, which is why I am making sure the Core develop successfully.

Cheers,

JanR
Old 12-30-2019, 10:57 PM
Ragz

When is the next update due? I think there is no option of setting up different throws when trying to setup dual rates? For example More UP and Less DOWN elevator. Or am I missing something?
Old 12-31-2019, 02:35 AM
Dave Wilshere

A week or so...but that has always been possible from the first release 18 months ago.

Function and down to curve editor. You move the end points from 100% down. Also any points set in between

Dave
Old 01-03-2020, 05:49 AM
David Gladwin

Rather surprised we have not had much discussion here recently, particularly as the expert forum is mainly in German.

The Core really is a most capable device, with huge growth potential.

A few points:

I found the clasp on the on the strap too small, particularly with cold fingers last Sunday, worth changing for a larger unit.,

I spent an hour trying to get the servos working properly, after they stopped responding, after some exploration of the system.

I eventually traced the problem on the 9 channel receiver which in the menu, I had inadvertently set to channel A out to function two but the servo did not respond to ch 2 operation.

Does anyone know the complete logic of those settings as I have had some strange results, the outputs did not always follow that selected after channel 3. Selecting channel 4 and the servo still responded to channel 3 control.

Changing the 9 ch to 10 ch is not explained in the manual but is easy (when you know how!) . Just set Fast track to PWM on the receiver menu accessed on the receiver widget .

The release of the latest Core update is imminent, so we should have speech soon.

Telemetry ? A vario would be most welcome.

Flying my PST Reaction ( my test/evaluation model for the Core) last week was real pleasure using the Flight Modes perfectly matching flap travel speeds with trim fade in, perfectly benign handling.

Anyone using the I Sat gyro ?

Last edited by David Gladwin; 01-03-2020 at 06:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
husafreak (03-05-2020)
Old 01-03-2020, 06:59 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

I have the iSat I just haven't installed it yet because I have to rewire the flaps or something on a Y so I can free channel 10 from PWM
Old 01-03-2020, 07:13 AM
Ragz

I have installed the SAT gyro on an Avonds F15 with only 2 elevon servos... No rudder. I am a bit lost in the setup routine. Will spend some time with it again and share my experience. Its very different as compared to the classic iGyro, which I simply love.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Reever45
My Feedback: (16)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Setting up the ISat gyro is pretty straight forward really, go into rx menu and make sure Fast Track set to that and not Sbus or something. Plug gyro into fast track port, navigate in the rx menu to channel assignment and tell it what channels you are using for your ailerons,elevator,rudder/s . Then comes the orientation where you lift the tail, move tail right etc. this is where i ran into troubles. i would lift tail elevator would deflect, then said move tail right i would do that rudder would move then return to center, but i had a heck of a time with getting gyro comp on correct axis. In other words i would maybe have ailerons and rudder working correctly but moving tail up and down would also be tied to ailerons (grrr).. For some reason i could see the ailerons move also when i would move the tail to the right step, anyways after trying many,many times to get it right i moved to next step where you teach the channel endpoints and i ran thru that and everything worked fine after that so not sure what was actually wrong,
Other than that issue with it was fairly easy, i would be curious to hear others experience with getting it going also. I have not had a chance to fly it because well January in Colorado lol.

Last edited by Reever45; 01-03-2020 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:40 AM
David Gladwin

Great, guys, keep it coming !

Whilst the basics are all pretty straightforward, some of the more advanced aspects need discussion and the learning curve can be quite steep. and time consuming..
Old 01-03-2020, 10:50 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

My learning curve consists of driving down the road and asking Adam and Danny lol

One thing I found not intuitive, was to change the channel 10 mapping in the 9D receiver, you have to go into the telemetry menu to access it, I went through every setting in the damn radio before I finally remembered him showing me that weeks earlier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.