Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2021, 06:36 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

You are ignoring one big and most important selection factor with RC equipment; We buy it because WE WANT IT...... lol
Old 12-09-2021, 07:16 PM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

exact and More you can make the timer talk to you every secound ( interval )if you wish ...just to annoy the guy ...flying beside you !!
Old 12-09-2021, 09:52 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

I think it must be all that sun ‘boiling’ peoples brain in the Southern Hemisphere…it’s where most of the whining seems to stem from.

The following users liked this post:
blackcat (12-11-2021)
Old 12-09-2021, 10:33 PM
miksterr

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking The same applies

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
I think it must be all that sun ‘boiling’ peoples brain in the Southern Hemisphere…it’s where most of the whining seems to stem from.
So you have been absent for 2 months and that is it? Anything relevant to say re the actual post? The current REAL issues with the Core, the delays? The face that this update was going to be a couple of weeks and ended up being nearly 3 months - AND IT STILL HAD A MAJOR BUG. Seriously - did they have earplugs in and not notice the lack of volume[img]images/icons/icon5.gif[/img] Time will tell what else pops up.

Also David, defender of all PB - what about the small receivers for indoor? 2 years. The seemingly ignoring of requests for an obvious ability to have an icon on our screen of current selected model.

Seems if not OK with the man then your wasting your time even asking - the responses are either: Defensive "Why do you need that" instead of normal acceptance of peoples differences in needs.

People jump to conclusions "You must be doing it wrong" when a plane is lost - the typical auto response before they know the facts is to blame the end user - even Richard has done it. Like the Core is god-like and could not possible be at fault.

Just look at the excitement with the last 2 product released! A € 39,90 servo telemetry thing you stick on with tape! They will go like hot cakes. Pop 8-10 of these in your next big glider.

Next was the V-regulator a bargain for € 34,90 (if it was 2005)with fixed 5.3 or 6volt outputs? Again - when Castle and others have a better device for less that you can configure.

So keep on with your comments re our weather whilst I see it is a miserable 7°C this weekend where you are [img]images/icons/icon10.gif[/img] - I think the cold has made some blinded by the reality.

cptnassos (12-10-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 07:48 AM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

All I can say is that I can’t wait for Jan 1st. When the power box is still in business. We all remember that we were promised in this tread that if they are still in business by end of this year, then certain people stop posting in this thread. Then we will see who will keep the promise and whom not!
The following 2 users liked this post by DUCMOZ:
blackcat (12-11-2021), flyalan (12-16-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 08:27 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

You can assign the timer to a button and have it tell you the time whenever you push it, I do that and also put it on a momentary switch to call out the time. That way if I am wondering the time I just push it.
Old 12-10-2021, 10:24 AM
more

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just curious why Powerbox cannot make a common and easy function for the high end transmitter.The sequencer function is more complicate but they can do it.Now I use interval speech every 30 seconds but the speech cannot work correctly example is it will say 1.59 when the timer show 2 minute left(while a guy stand beside laugh at me because his cheap transmitter can say correctly).It will be perfect if the timer can warn by speech exactly and countdown every second in last ten seconds.
Old 12-10-2021, 10:36 AM
Halcyon66

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ
All I can say is that I can’t wait for Jan 1st. When the power box is still in business. We all remember that we were promised in this tread that if they are still in business by end of this year, then certain people stop posting in this thread. Then we will see who will keep the promise and whom not!
Maybe you should check back on that, show me exactly where Gladwin actually took that bet up?

I wonder if he will go back and edit previous posts?????

Regards,

Last edited by Halcyon66; 12-10-2021 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-10-2021, 10:38 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Either way, you are not adding value--and are not a Core user (and you like it that way). Please add value or do not post.

Thank you and have a good day.
The following 2 users liked this post by AEROSHELDON:
blackcat (12-11-2021), Len (01-16-2022)
Old 12-10-2021, 11:14 AM
Halcyon66

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Dave what kind of man criticizes another man’s weather, that is just mean.

Maybe it is just the fact that we down south don’t like getting sold empty promises? Don't forget all the convicts sent down here so long again were told it would be a two week cruise with open bar.

Dave why don't you just actually reply to miksterr posts point for point?

Dave are you aware that the MD of PowerBox-Systems GmbH has made abusive and harassing statements to PB users directly through the internal private messaging system of the PowerBox forum?

He even edited these attacks numerous times, as he knew he had gone too far.

Don't worry it was not to me, as we all know I was kicked off the PB forum over a year ago as I had the audacity to question/highlighted the complete lack of Heli mixing. Let’s not forget that 50 euro radios have more Heli mixing than the Core.

It also seems direct online harassment also occurs in the US.

Why did Multiplex drop their PB relationship?

Everyday more and more Core users are PM'ing me about the never ending issues and there want to get rid of their Core's. The main issue used to be the simple fact they believed the early hype and bought 20+ RX's and redid their entire fleet and their quagmire has been to hang and hope the issues would stop. They haven't.

Yet more recently it is Richard's dismissive attitude when they question anything on the PB forum.

Anyway the Atom will be out sometime in 2023 so will be interesting to see if all the software and hardware issues are resolved?

Forums are for good and bad and that adds value. Otherwise they are the PB forum.

Regards,
Old 12-10-2021, 11:36 AM
stuart_80

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Halcyon66

1). Dave are you aware that the MD of PowerBox-Systems GmbH has made abusive and harassing statements to PB users directly

2). Forums are for good and bad and that adds value.

Regards,
Spin Dryer (they whine a lot too)

1) Abusive and harassing statements? You mean like the ones you are posting on here ?…

2) Forums are good and sometimes bad…so tell us all what value you are adding to this thread ? Or is that another question you are ignoring….

As I, and others have said, clear off and find a supercar forum to moan on - they have wasted heaps more cash than you have
The following 3 users liked this post by stuart_80:
blackcat (12-11-2021), David Gladwin (12-11-2021), Len (01-16-2022)
Old 12-12-2021, 02:32 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Something positive during coffee time !
Yes, I upgraded to 2.70 and did notice low volume, but no big deal. That we have that fixed within 24 hours is extraordinarily good service by any standards.

I have been through all the aspects of the upgrade and they all work as advertised, both models I have checked responded normally, so have no worries about the unchanged aspects. I particularly like the change to servo resolution. So far, all looks good but I will fly it later this week.

I have a P2 servo bridge and explored it yesterday. Again, it works as advertised and I see great use for this device.

Although I have always checked individual servo currents during installation, in-line ammeter, my Weatronics system shows only TOTAL in flight currents, not individual servo currents, highly valuable data, but I wanted more. This new device shows INDIVIDUAL current draws from which one can determine exactly how much torque is being developed IN FLIGHT, to me, valuable empirical data, allowing one to see how hard the servo is, or is not, working.

I suggest appying a spring balance to the servo and increasing the load until the previously recorded current is shown, then we have the value of the inflight torque being applied . Great for applications such as flaps, servo operated gear, doors etc.and one can then set the trip values accordingly to prevent possible burnout or other servo damage and will help in choosing servo spec.

The device appears to be very easily adjusted to set various parameters and assigning a channel is simplicity through the menu. All adjusted from the Core Tx, of course.

Attaching the device to the servo is only for temp measurement ,which seems accurate, but for temporary attachment, not using the adhesive patch, I simply used a tie wrap.

So far so good and my coffee is getting cold !

Last edited by David Gladwin; 12-12-2021 at 02:45 AM.
Old 12-17-2021, 06:54 AM
David Gladwin

To add to the above I have now test flown the bridge in a LifOff a Hotliner glider, bridge connected to one aileron servo and with vario connected to PB dock all connected to 5 ch rx via P2 bus outlet for a PWM signal to a small JR wing servo.
Rest current..03, average in flight .05, ( 10 mins flight, 10 on ground) max 0.27 and that is with a high speed dive, ailerons in crow and full roll applied on ailerons.
Voltage min 5.7 max 6.04 with PB regulator set at 5.9.v Cable lengths unchanged.
Device not attached to servo so temp.recording was ambient, dropped from 23 indoors to 15 during 10 min flight.
Really looking forward to testing this device on flaps in a Jet for some real high load figures.

Brilliant device.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 12-17-2021 at 06:57 AM.
husafreak (12-17-2021)
Old 12-17-2021, 08:36 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
To add to the above I have now test flown the bridge in a LifOff a Hotliner glider, bridge connected to one aileron servo and with vario connected to PB dock all connected to 5 ch rx via P2 bus outlet for a PWM signal to a small JR wing servo.
Rest current..03, average in flight .05, ( 10 mins flight, 10 on ground) max 0.27 and that is with a high speed dive, ailerons in crow and full roll applied on ailerons.
Voltage min 5.7 max 6.04 with PB regulator set at 5.9.v Cable lengths unchanged.
Device not attached to servo so temp.recording was ambient, dropped from 23 indoors to 15 during 10 min flight.
Really looking forward to testing this device on flaps in a Jet for some real high load figures.

Brilliant device.

Congratulations, I have been using similar S30 for almost 2 years, very useful device. Helped me to diagnose retract servo problems on one of my large ASH31 scale sailplanes.

Elite Telemetry Sensor Current/Voltage/Capacity & Servo Overload Protection Voltario S30 12V/30A (Jeti EX, Graupner HoTT, Futaba S.Bus2)

Old 12-17-2021, 01:45 PM
David Gladwin

Originally Posted by ZB
Congratulations, I have been using similar S30 for almost 2 years, very useful device. Helped me to diagnose retract servo problems on one of my large ASH31 scale sailplanes.

Elite Telemetry Sensor Current/Voltage/Capacity & Servo Overload Protection Voltario S30 12V/30A (Jeti EX, Graupner HoTT, Futaba S.Bus2)

Not being a Jeti user I had no knowledge of the Voltario and I don't think it works with Core, certainly not on the telemetry aspect, so far as I can see. I think the bridge, with one cable is simpler.

That said’ the bridge is a PB product designed to work with the Core and this is a Core thread. I thought it worth reporting my initial findings on this new, very useful, device. I will certainly be using a pair to analyse servo loads on controls such as flaps to see the effects of aerodynamic loads and aeroelasticity on control systems.
husafreak (12-17-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 10:09 AM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Already up to 2.72
Old 12-30-2021, 05:29 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default PB RPM Sensor

Need some help with a PB RPM sensor on my core.
The TX recognizes the sensor, and the widget is there, but the RPM does not register; only a random number now and then. The engine is a DA35.
There is not much in the way of instructions for it. I have put in a call to PB Americas, but until I hear back from them I was hoping someone might have some idea of what else I could try.
Thanks- Mike O.
Old 12-30-2021, 10:50 PM
stuart_80

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IFLYBVM2
Need some help with a PB RPM sensor on my core.
The TX recognizes the sensor, and the widget is there, but the RPM does not register; only a random number now and then. The engine is a DA35.
There is not much in the way of instructions for it. I have put in a call to PB Americas, but until I hear back from them I was hoping someone might have some idea of what else I could try.
Thanks- Mike O.
Have you tried the Support Forum on the Powerbox website?
Old 12-31-2021, 01:30 AM
IFLYBVM2

Originally Posted by stuart_80
Have you tried the Support Forum on the Powerbox website?
Not yet, but I will do so.
Thanks
Old 12-31-2021, 04:08 AM
Dave Wilshere

I think both the DA-35 and 70 have something weird about their ignitions and the sensor may not work on that particular engine…
Old 12-31-2021, 05:46 AM
IFLYBVM2

I think both the DA-35 and 70 have something weird about their ignitions and the sensor may not work on that particular engine…
That might just be the problem Dave, as I know the DA70 is just 2 DA35's opposed, so it makes sense. They do advertise that the sensor will not work on the DA70.
Old 12-31-2021, 09:48 AM
Dave Wilshere

I’ve spoken with Richard today on your behalf, but neither of us have knowledge of anyone with a DA-35 trying the rpm sensor. They are pretty rare engines over here…
Old 12-31-2021, 08:49 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

The old PB rpm sensor does not work, or does not work correctly, with a lot of different engines. See the support forum for numerous examples. I was under the impression that it was no longer being produced and under redesign?
Old 01-01-2022, 03:09 AM
Dave Wilshere

The old one is 6616, the new one 6623. Neither work with a DA-70.
Old 01-01-2022, 06:13 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Anyone try shooting DA an email and asking if/what the difference might be on those engine ignitions from other DA engines?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.