Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JMA Bruntingthorpe Two Day Flying Event

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JMA Bruntingthorpe Two Day Flying Event

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 09:05 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

J
He had already ordered a replacement which is in a packet to got out today ��
D
Old 04-23-2019, 11:37 AM
David Gladwin

Received 146 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by jason
Hi David, I also had a Jet Tronic product fail at Bruntingthorpe. Mine was a no loss brake valve and this also worked after a reset. Problem is once the radio is switched off and back on again the valve failed to work again. Might be worth checking yours after cycling the radio a couple of times if you haven't already.

Jason
Thanks Jason. Mine sems to be working OK now but will be replaced with new as a precaution. .

Perhaps I should have twigged it was the sequencer as on first gear test after assembly the gear switch appeared to be reversed yet I had not altered any programming since its last outing.The only thing I had not prepped before Brunty was the gear, as it has 100 reliable since its first flight 10 years ago!

So far as brake valves are concerned, having tried almost all, I believe the Ultra Precision is THE most reliable .

David.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:20 AM
mick15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surly the most reliable is in the transmitter?
Old 04-24-2019, 04:11 AM
David Gladwin

Received 146 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by mick15
Surly the most reliable is in the transmitter?
????????
Old 04-24-2019, 06:35 PM
AKB
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great pictures. Thanks for posting them. You fellows in the UK sure seem to have the luck having a lot of great flying sites available to you when you are flying your JMA events. This one looks fantastic. I wish we had as many in this part of the country. It seems like around here we have to beg, borrow and steal to have a flying site, and even then it can all be lost so quickly if for some reason they don't want to have you around. It seems like you fellows have great paved flying sites every ten miles away from the next one. Was it due to the war that you are so flush with great flying sites or you are just lucky and have great connections.
Look forward to seeing the next JMA event you post.

AKB
Old 04-24-2019, 09:19 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Actually we struggle with sites, the government have a crazy policy to build on as many airfields as possible, they are seen as easy targets for development. Most airfields we use now are privately owned and it costs our small association (around 100 members) between one and two thousand dollars a weekend to hire. In the case of last weekend the turn out was very small, some members saying they could not be bothered to drive 2 hours to this location...they really don’t know how lucky they are...or realise what they missed, it was a great weekend. This weekend coming is going to rain and be windy, so those that made the effort will be all smiles.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:22 AM
JP-1

Received 422 Likes on 355 Posts

AKB,
Yes, like Dave says, it is a never ending struggle to get and keep flying sites, we gain one then lose another, however in answer to your question, take a look at the link below to WW2 airfields in eastern England, there would have been a lot of over lapping circuits on return from missions.
I noted there are few airfields missing off this map too ( RAF Wickenby) for one

Alistair Powers

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...8906250704&z=6

Last edited by JP-1; 04-25-2019 at 02:25 AM.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:02 AM
AKB

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
Actually we struggle with sites, the government have a crazy policy to build on as many airfields as possible, they are seen as easy targets for development. Most airfields we use now are privately owned and it costs our small association (around 100 members) between one and two thousand dollars a weekend to hire. In the case of last weekend the turn out was very small, some members saying they could not be bothered to drive 2 hours to this location...they really don’t know how lucky they are...or realise what they missed, it was a great weekend. This weekend coming is going to rain and be windy, so those that made the effort will be all smiles.
Sounds like your no more resourceful then we are to keep and retain your fields. I get what your saying unfortunately these sites are just not popping up that frequently when we lose the last one.
Sure lke this sight though. Good luck in keeping what you have.

AKB
Old 04-25-2019, 07:09 AM
AKB

Originally Posted by JP-1
AKB,
Yes, like Dave says, it is a never ending struggle to get and keep flying sites, we gain one then lose another, however in answer to your question, take a look at the link below to WW2 airfields in eastern England, there would have been a lot of over lapping circuits on return from missions.
I noted there are few airfields missing off this map too ( RAF Wickenby) for one

Alistair Powers

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...8906250704&z=6
Thanks Alistar
That's truly amazing. There had to been accidents of friendlies running into one another from overflying of the neighborinng airfields. I'm sure it was minimal but it probably did happen.
Nice shots Alistair.

AKB