Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Michigan Jet Rally 2020

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Michigan Jet Rally 2020

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 09:10 AM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Titusville is a great location with a GREAT group of guys! I highly recommend the trip if you can make it.

I will be there!

Anthony
Old 05-31-2020, 09:52 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 83 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jetcrasher1
Hello Len, James Here. Just need to know when the registration is going up for this years event, or do we just show up ? Coming up with a couple of Jet Guy's, that have attended before. Room's already booked. Thanx, James
James where did you book rooms?
thx
Bob
Old 05-31-2020, 02:34 PM
jetcrasher1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had rooms booked WAY early at the "Red Moose Lodge" before the "Jam" dates changed and Mr.Covid showed up. Those rooms were cancelled. Plans have changed several times since...….
Old 05-31-2020, 06:06 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Well, ... we decided to get the Storage Tent. Looks like there will be enough pilots to justify the $1K expense. We will adjust the Landing Fee to $35. This will not put much of dent in the tent cost. But the club decided to chip in too. The tent also gives us a nice place for Nick's dinner and a place to stash the planes overnight. Looking forward to seeing you guys!
Old 06-02-2020, 02:11 AM
Len Todd

Looks like the Governor has relented to our protests, the legislature's law suits and the bad press her husband caused her. Or maybe she just caught heck from him because he wants his boat in the water and their second home on the lake opened up. Anyway its all good news for us! Restaurants will be cleared to open June 8th, and we now can have 100 people without the potential of being harassed. Of course, we are still planning on the Pilots Dinner Friday evening. The storage tent will be there. I love it when a plan comes together! Come join us we have 423 acres to camp and social distance on while still getting lots of stick time! I know there were some hotel cancelations. There may even be some local motel rooms available. But call ahead!

We had another mini-rally last weekend. There were about 12 of us there. The mini-rallies are the most fun. Lots of good comments from the pilots. They wanted another one this weekend. But I am headed down to Ohio for some pylon racing. Not that I am a racer. I just want to go down and watch. Maybe I can pick up some tips on how we can do better with our June 27-28 races.

Anyway, hope to see our usual Jet Guy Family. Bring a new pilot along.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:45 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Len, if you can make it the Titusville event is on the heals of your event, we even extended the early arrival day to Wednesday June 17th to make it more appealing to those who may have to travel a longer distance.
13th annual “Early Summer OC-Turbo Fest” – Titusville PA
Old 06-03-2020, 10:42 PM
Len Todd

I am free that weekend. But I have the pylon race in Cincinnati this weekend and the Michigan Pylon Race to CD the week after your event. If I am gone too much, the dog might forget who's boss and take a chunk out of me. But, … I will talk it over with the guys and see if someone else wants to come along.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:01 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Just finished loading my van , living in the morning, the weather looking good for the weekend see you there
Old 06-12-2020, 03:12 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks like you guys will have stellar weather for today, Saturday and Sunday, wish I could have made it.
I hope someone posts photos.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:00 PM
jetcrasher1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mich. Jet Pilot "BoonDoggle"

Len, Is the "BoonDoggle" going to happen ? Thanx.
Old 07-23-2020, 05:12 AM
Len Todd

Originally Posted by jetcrasher1
Len, Is the "BoonDoggle" going to happen ? Thanx.
Unless the Governor shuts down the State, YES. We have already run three major events here this year. And, ... no contact tracers have been chasing me around looking for any lists of participants. So we think we have the health precautions in place to do these outdoor events safely. The restaurants up here are even open! Lake Co. = 12 cases total with ZERO deaths since day one of the virus. If you are sick, stay home. If you even suspect you have been exposed, stay home. Otherwise, we have over 400 acres for you to distance on and 400' of asphalt pit row with another 1/2 miles of grass on each end to spread out, set up and get in the air. Our pilot's dinner is out in the open. So far we have done two dinners this year w/o incident. The fueling/startup pads and flightline are regulated, when they get busy. Port-a-jons are cleaned daily and wiped down frequently each day. We have plenty of hand sanitizer located in several areas. The spectator groups spread out for several hundred yards in each direction parallel to the runway. Masks are still optional outdoors and when eating indoors. If you go into a store, you are required to wear a mask. Outdoors, ... If you can not distance, then the Governor wants you to mask. We run a tight and healthy event. We also have run w/o incident a couple mini-rallies this year, with another one scheduled for this weekend. Pilots and spotters work out thier own requirements at the startup pads and flightline. Some mask, some don't and just stay distant from others.