Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

NEED AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER FOR PATENT/PLANE/ENGINE DEVELOPMENT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

NEED AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER FOR PATENT/PLANE/ENGINE DEVELOPMENT

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 06:16 AM
NathanAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER FOR PATENT/PLANE/ENGINE DEVELOPMENT

I am looking for an aeronautical engineer/mechanical engineer to help with the development of concepts that I have developed to my level of understanding without further study which I do not have the time for. So I am looking to find someone who would like to develop two revolutionary ideas. You will share in any profits that are made from these designs and you only have to put in your knowledge. I have had patent checks and their are no designs out there that come close. I dont really need you for the patent design part for the aeroplane as I have attorneys for that. You will be required to sign so many dam documents about disclosure before you will even be told anything more about these designs. I would like someone to help me develop the prototype aeroplane first and also help me with the patent design for the engine.

I cannot tell you too much about them but I can tell you that they will revolutionise space/defence and civil aeronautics.

The scramjet engine has one moving part and can theoretically go from 0 - 25000 km/h with no outside help and the right material. I designed this concept so that it will make spaceflight commercial.

The Aeroplane has one control surface, is VTOL and has no turning circle and also no protruding blades or ducting of jet exhaust (in terms of the harrier). This plane should be able to reach the speed of sound and with development I hope to get it to 2000 km/h. It is 3m long and has the space to carry 6 large pizzas to give you an idea of the payload area.

These designs have the possibility of being worth billions of dollars so dont annoy me with stupid requests or people wanting to help that have no idea. I need someone who is classified a genius!!!!!!! I dont need someone who cannot think outside stuff that has already been developed, or who cannot think of a solution to a problem. I need someone who does not get hung up on the issue of how hard the problem will be to overcome.

I am sorry for the above paragraph but it had to be said. Please understand that I cannot have 10 people helping me as the logistics of lawyers and crap are just too much.

Also there will not be much use of you living outside australia unless you can organise some way of seeing me in feb/march when I am in LA.

All genuine replys will be replied to.

You may be asking me why I am posting this on a site like this. Well I am grasping at straws. I have a university that would develop my design but I would make 5% and I want to do some of the development and I do not believe these things will be hard to market. I have tried everywhere else and if someone doesnt help soon then I will put them in the back of a closet until one day I stumble across the right person to help me. Anyone who has ever had a patent will understand.

Please you are out there? reply!

Nathan
Old 12-22-2003, 09:04 AM
stang
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: NEED AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER FOR PATENT/PLANE/ENGINE DEVELOPMENT

-"I need someone who is classified a genius!!!!!!!"

Hmmmm, I think those are in short supply around here.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:35 AM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about a revolutionary engine ?

Or...

Are you talking about a revolutionnary airframe ?

Or...

BOTH [X(] ???

We definitely need to know what this is all about before thinking of being well suited for that project.

who cannot think of a solution to a problem
If you have a patent, then you have a solution, no ? Does not seem clear to me...

will revolutionise space/defence and civil aeronautics
I think it's quite optimistic, otherwise YOU ARE THE ONE !!!!!!! The genius, I mean....

What are the skills required ? Aerodynamics, engine knowledge, onboard software develoment, etc....

An aeronautical engineer.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:24 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Quote: I hope to get it to 2000 km/h. It is 3m long and has the space to carry 6 large pizzas to give you an idea of the payload area.
Unquote.

Pizza Hut might be interested, I bet they would still be hot when they were delivered! LOL
Old 12-22-2003, 10:32 PM
David Cutler

C'mon, don't mess around.

What flavor pizzas are we talking about?

-DC
Old 12-23-2003, 03:03 AM
ossie

ORIGINAL: NathanAustralia

Nathan

I read the last sentence and couldn't help myself..................
............waaaayyyyy out there............[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 12-23-2003, 03:05 AM
watt_the!

my bad.. i didnt see the part about pizzas..i thought that members here posted it...

[]
Old 12-23-2003, 03:16 AM
ossie

ORIGINAL: what_the?!

Someone posts in here and could well be legit and have asked for help and the members diss them right off!

i dont get this "tall poppy" syndrome.

perhaps this guy has a brilliant idea/design and you nay sayers are just either pessimists, not willing to think that someone may be more capable than yourselves (arrogant) or just plain mean.

at least give the guy a break. if you cant help him, then dont post. you dont need to be rude that's for sure.

this pizza wise crack is in violation of the board rules in that you are asked to respect all posters.

but, you cant teach old dogs new tricks i guess.

You need to lighten up buddy.................
not so sure about the "old dogs" comments.
You obviously haven't been around the aviation industry all that long
Old 12-23-2003, 03:45 AM
cappio777
My Feedback: (2)

Is the reason for carrying pizza so we could deliver to our troops in Iraq within an hour?
Old 12-23-2003, 04:09 AM
watt_the!

removed due to lack of intelligence...
[]
Old 12-26-2003, 08:40 PM
NathanAustralia

Hello all,

Thanks for the real replies!!!!

I am sorry if you have your own personal thoughts on what I wrote, you really need to have a look at the real information in the post.

I would like to clarify something. There are two designs here. One for an engine and one for a VTOL/UAV aircraft. They are NOT related.

I believe that I have designed an engine that is revolutionary. It uses current technology in a different configuration with a slight twist. This is why I know that it will get to the speed I am talking about. I know that I can get the engine from 0-10000km/h with current scramjet development there should be no problem getting it to earth escape velocity.

If you think I am being optimistic, I am. I am because have you ever heard of a jet engine that can go from 0-earth escape velocity with one moving part? Or a scramjet engine that starts from 0 km/h without some other outside propulsion system. Dont you think that would revolutionise space/defence and civil aeronautics?

All I am looking for is someone to help me get both designs fine tuned. I am in no way ready to build the engine, but the Aeroplane, I could if I wanted to at this point. Either that or just go to some defence contractor.

The reason I asked for a genius was because I want someone who has knowledge in all areas possible, oh and I am classified as genius. I have a guidance system and I am doing a degree in software engineering so that I can fine tune the one I have already.

And to the guy who said the patent is the solution then you are obviously not thinking. Its not the solution its just another problem once its done.

THANKYOU AGAIN TO ALL THE REAL POSTS.

nathan
Old 12-27-2003, 12:07 AM
abqflyer

Take the 5% offered by the university. If your idea is really worth a billion dollars, that's a cool 5o million. BTW, 5-8% is the going rate for venture capital. In theory, all your statements are plausible.

Remember, in theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality they're different.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:17 PM
watt_the!

"oh and I am classified as genius."

Old 12-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I replied to you, in a PM. It was a serious and genuine reply. I have not heard a peep from you. Why is that?
Old 12-28-2003, 04:25 PM
tetons9
My Feedback: (8)

Give the guy a break!!! He may be serious and all you wise a**** that are not qualified to blow your nose have to come on with the wise cracks.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:25 PM
XJet
Banned

Are you saying that you've developed a scramjet that can operate from 0-10,000 kph -- because I know that existing scramjet technology is far from achieving this, despite the best efforts of many highly skilled researchers.

The design of an engine that will produce a usable amount of thrust at 0kph is *lots* different to one that will do the same at 10,000 kph and, as someone who's spent a *lot* of time, effort and money researching and designing jet engines, I would have to say that if you've been able to come up with such a beast in a garage then you're doing very well indeed.

However, if you just have an "idea" then be warned that there's an awfully big void between that "idea" and the creatin of a working engine.

I've lost track of the number of good ideas I've had that either turned out to have already been "discovered" by others or which ultimately turned out to be dead ends -- which probably means that they were also already "discovered" by others who also found out that they didn't work.

It's taken me around a quarter of a million dollars to produce a new type fo valveless pulsejet engine that has *no* moving parts and simply equals the efficiency of a pure turbojet and is strictly a subsonic power-plant. I shudder to think of the costs, time, resources and efforts that would be required to produce and test even the most basic scramjet.

I made a very deliberate decision not to try and compete head-on with the well-funded educational or military research programs that are working on exotic designs such as scramjets and PDEs -- I'm simply not well educated enough, well funded enough, or well resourced enough to even consider such folly.

Instead, I focused on a very narrow objective that also coincides with a very active and rapidly growing market -- the design of an ultra-low-cost jet engine of 50-150lbs thrust (more if clustered) with a TSFC of around 0.9-1.0 for use on UAVs or RPVs.

The result is a 21st-century pulsejet engine that runs cool enough to be mounted internally (you can actually place your hand on it while it's running), matches a resonably efficient turbojet in terms of fuel-efficiency, has a reasonable power/volume ratio and an exceptional power/weight ratio, is virtually immune to FOD, runs on a wide range of fuels, and costs just 1/10th the price of an equivalent gas-turbine design.

It's not an engine that will ever power a commercial passenger jet and it still has numerous downsides compared to turbojets: it's noisy, it vibrates, it has a limited life-time (due to vibration and rapid thermal cycling), it is only useful for subsonic flight (up to about 0.85M) and its efficiency is lower than a modern turbofan.

However, by setting ones sights on a more achievable target, it's much easier to get a bullseye.

And, surprisingly enough, the market is still huge. The Economist published a story earlier this month which suggested that the US military sector of the UAV market alone would be worth many billions of dollars by 2010.

No doubt the immediate question that springs to mind in this forum is "can it be used for model airplanes?" to which the answer is:

* yes, if you don't mind a noise level of 135dB :-(
* yes, if you can use 50lbs of thrust

Unfortunately, the minimum size at which the engine will operate efficiently is limited by the Reynolds numbers associated with some internal gasflows so 50lbs-thrust is about the smallest that this engine can be made. Any smaller and it simply runs like a regular pulsejet -- ie: very inefficiently and very hot.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:56 PM
Woketman

Tetons, I hope you are not including me in your a******* comment. I replied to the originator of this post in earnest and have yet to receive a reply. It seems that if he were genuine, a courteous reply would be the least I could expect.
Old 12-29-2003, 07:19 AM
Strykaas

Xjet,

Aren't you Bruce S. ????
Old 07-28-2005, 10:48 AM
ZoomZoom-RCU

[8D]X-Jet veeeeeeery interesting. Tell me (if you can without revealing too much proprietary info if possible) what is the length and weight of this 50lbs thrust valveless? I'm amazed at the thrust and heat ranges you described as well. If you accomplished reducing the heat range alone in this design, thats an amazing accomplishment, irregardless of whether or not you can make it small enough for Rc. Small jet home built aircraft could be really cool with this as a powerplant. I actually have some design ideas for such, depending on the cost and weight of the engine involved/fuel/duration etc. One concept I've been toying with for a while is a one man, flying wing craft in which the pilot flys in a semi prone position, head forward. With a jet producing around 100lbs thrust (and the only thing standing in the way of the valveless was heat) this could be viable. If the design is realized in the way I think it could be, you could hang this aircraft on a wall in your garage....well...depending on how elaborate or simple you decide to make it. Anyway...would love to talk with you about it, and learn more about what you've accomplished.

Regards ZZ.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:15 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Did somebody called for a classified genius?
Old 07-28-2005, 04:44 PM
ShssT Strurrer

Are you the guy that was working on the Orion engine a few years back with CAI?
Old 07-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Woketman

Ooooh, that was a real success story! Whatever happened to Orion (the turbine, not the constellation)?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:17 PM
shonny

[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Get hold of Johnny Pithwreck, aka Bug.
An absolute genius according to himself. Ex TJT.
shonny
Old 07-29-2005, 09:17 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

ORIGINAL: NathanAustralia

I am looking for an aeronautical engineer/mechanical engineer to help with the development of concepts that I have developed to my level of understanding without further study which I do not have the time for. So I am looking to find someone who would like to develop two revolutionary ideas. You will share in any profits that are made from these designs and you only have to put in your knowledge. I have had patent checks and their are no designs out there that come close. I dont really need you for the patent design part for the aeroplane as I have attorneys for that. You will be required to sign so many dam documents about disclosure before you will even be told anything more about these designs. I would like someone to help me develop the prototype aeroplane first and also help me with the patent design for the engine.

I cannot tell you too much about them but I can tell you that they will revolutionise space/defence and civil aeronautics.

The scramjet engine has one moving part and can theoretically go from 0 - 25000 km/h with no outside help and the right material. I designed this concept so that it will make spaceflight commercial.

The Aeroplane has one control surface, is VTOL and has no turning circle and also no protruding blades or ducting of jet exhaust (in terms of the harrier). This plane should be able to reach the speed of sound and with development I hope to get it to 2000 km/h. It is 3m long and has the space to carry 6 large pizzas to give you an idea of the payload area.

These designs have the possibility of being worth billions of dollars so dont annoy me with stupid requests or people wanting to help that have no idea. I need someone who is classified a genius!!!!!!! I dont need someone who cannot think outside stuff that has already been developed, or who cannot think of a solution to a problem. I need someone who does not get hung up on the issue of how hard the problem will be to overcome.

I am sorry for the above paragraph but it had to be said. Please understand that I cannot have 10 people helping me as the logistics of lawyers and crap are just too much.

Also there will not be much use of you living outside australia unless you can organise some way of seeing me in feb/march when I am in LA.

All genuine replys will be replied to.

You may be asking me why I am posting this on a site like this. Well I am grasping at straws. I have a university that would develop my design but I would make 5% and I want to do some of the development and I do not believe these things will be hard to market. I have tried everywhere else and if someone doesnt help soon then I will put them in the back of a closet until one day I stumble across the right person to help me. Anyone who has ever had a patent will understand.

Nathan
You should talk to What_The, he will make data to fit your predictions.

Also, you might want to speak to Timmy THompson, he's a physicist.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:32 AM
ShssT Strurrer

tetons9...Realize that the company/people that contribute to this forum are made up of quite a few diverse occupations. Not everyone here spews WAG. I can't vouch for anyone else, but Woketman does fulfill the closest definition of the term !QUOT!Rocket Scientist!QUOT!! Wide-Comments step on everyone's toes that may be seriously trying to contribute. Not everyone is a true Highly Skilled $mart*** like me. It takes years of working with individual Dreamers that completely fail in this industry with $$ in their eyes and cause misery in many lives to get to the level of cynical being I have achieved(BFG). If your post was meant differently then you may need to clarify what/who you are directing your post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.