Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

AMT ECU software up grade

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

AMT ECU software up grade

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 12:43 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
Default RE: AMT ECU software up grade

hey Ray

you don't, but 2 seconds let's you ride through any intermittent hits. if you're set to FS shutdown then that intermittent hit is gonna turn your F-4 into a gliding brick. with 2 secs you get the engine back and you have an audible change in RPM, that ought to be enough to get her back around the patch one more time to investigate.

I never thought it was that big a deal either, until I flew the 120/Titan around and began monitoring for FS at the end of the flight. I then switched to a whip antenna and haven't recorded a hit since.

C'ya

buck

is your 3 pos switch on a FS selectable channel? where do you have it set? mid, off, run?
Old 02-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Ray Davis
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ray (always liked that name...), Buck's correct....no delay needed to comply. Ya don't have to change your set up at all for '05. But most us want it for the reasons stated.....and AMT is able to provide it.

It was not really an issue til '05 because I suspect most pilots pre-programmed FS to idle just to preclude the glitch thing killing the engine. I did. I think you've been lucky....many of us know there are glitches out there, and have experenced them. Would have been many more of those gliding bricks around in '04 w/o going to idle; or now, w/o the max delay programmed into the system.

Ray
AMT Field Rep
Old 02-17-2005, 11:59 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

great summation of why this rule was enacted...shoul be great in preventing fires.

We have an jet event comin up that i help run, and we need to make sure we understand how these setup work.

So from reading here, i know how RAM and AMT work, does anyone know how the Orbit and FADEC work?

thanks
Old 02-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Bandito
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buck and Ray, thanks for the input. Your point is well taken. Guess I will just belly up to the new set-up. My concern is with the new F100F I have with the olympus in it. I bought the motor and ecu in Oct 04...the old version. Hope I can get the new stuff in it before FJ. If not I guess its King Cat and F-4s... Thanks again.... Ray