Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

NEW PST F9F PANTHER

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

NEW PST F9F PANTHER

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:21 AM
davo580

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW PST F9F PANTHER

I think that bob toilet needs to go to to toilet lol
Old 03-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Illusion258

you did a nice job that is unique not like every one else for getting it in primer how much did you save and are those the 900 dollar retracts thinking of getting a panther where else can you get some scale retracts cheaper
nice job
Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 AM
jpsceadu

Hello Everybody,
I've nearly finished my pst panther but I have a question about the weight of my plane.
I installed everything functionnal (airbrakes and flaps on the fuselage) and the final weight without fuel is 12.3kg (27lbs). I think that it's really heavy (need almost 1kg in the nose to balance the plane)
Do you think that it's ok to fly the plane or not?

thank you in advance

JP
Old 11-05-2012, 02:03 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

JP,

Mine weighs 26lbs without functional speed brakes or dive brakes. It flies fine at that weight, you will be good at 27lbs. I also have over 1lbs of lead in the nose + 2 x a123 packs so, that's about the same as you!

Mike
Old 11-05-2012, 02:49 PM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Should be OK, let the speed build up after takeoff before pulling into s steep climb.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

JP

Most Panthers come out around the 22 - 25 lb mark. The lighter weights are due to new materials and lighter construction in the last generation airframes. I have built and flown two personal aircraft. The older version - pre 2008 ( 25 lbs ) and the new airframe ( 22 lbs ). Both were originally powered by PSt J600Rs but were converted to a bit more thrust for vertical ( P70 ).At 27 lbs the aircraft will take off, fly and land very similar to a 24 - 25 lb version. It is an amazing airframe and will handle the weight fine. You will loose a little in the vertical line unless you have the thrust to compensate. The only recommendation I would have would be to limit the elevator throw and add 20 - 30 % expo. A word of caution at the upper weight...do not pull hard loops without sufficient speed during the first half of the flight otherwise the Panther will snap at the top. If it should happen just let go of the sticks and allow the nose to fall then slowly add power and ease out of the dive. The Panther is a gentle flying bird but it can't be thrown around like a sport jet.

Cheers
Dean W.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:16 AM
jpsceadu

Hello everybody,
thank you very much for all your answers.
I'll try to moove some components to minimize the amount of lead but if it's not possible it will fly like that!

I set my CG to 95mm as mentionned in the instructions now just have to test it as soon as the weather is fine.

thank you again

JP