Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetTronics valves. Help needed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetTronics valves. Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JetTronics valves. Help needed

I need some guidance. I'm installing JetTronics brake and retract valves in my TamJets F-16. I have air tubing from Tamjets, Robart, and Spring Air. Try as I may I can't seem to get any of the tubing to lock into the Festo Type fittings. What am I doing wrong?

This is my first time installing these.

TIA for your help.

Bob
Old 02-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: JetTronics valves. Help needed

Bob, you need to use the stock JetCat 3mm line supplied with the turbine. I had the same problemm trying to use stock air line. Use regular air line going to the brakes, but from where it T's to the valve install the 3mm line.

Hope this helps,
Dave
Old 02-23-2006, 07:59 PM
BlackCloud
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: JetTronics valves. Help needed

Bob,
Unless you really want the proportional brake, the jet-tronics valve is definately not necessary and I would say a wasted effort if you have the wheels/brakes from Tam. Those brakes work wonderfully with just an on/off function. Otherwise Dave's tip is probably the best route for both the brakes and gear.
What I found to work as well was a piece of plastic tubing like the clear type you route a reciever antenna through. I had the same problem when I first tried to hook up that valve. I just put about a one inch piece in the festo fitting and just connected the airline to that. It was a makeshift effort but it doesn't leak and I have never changed it to something else because it works just fine.
Mark