Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

www.bvmprops.com

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

www.bvmprops.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 08:30 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default www.bvmprops.com

any one else see this ??

http://www.bvmprops.com

Old 05-17-2006, 08:37 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: www.bvmprops.com

nice.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84654.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	462826  
Old 05-17-2006, 08:37 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bit of a change from BVM's normal method of designing and developing all his own stuff. These kits are available from several distributors all over the world so I assume he has become a reseller too. Another pie to have a finger in I guess.

Rgds,
Mark
Old 05-17-2006, 08:44 AM
wojtek

yea, i did think that Edge looked familiar ... www.planesplus.com has the same plane, even same price on their home page .... I think this is a good business move for Bob. Use his known name to resel products ... he's got the name recognition for it ....
Old 05-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Jetkopter

ORIGINAL: wojtek

any one else see this ??

http://www.bvmprops.com

Wojy, BVM does not have anymore Bobcats for you right now so they are bringing out this new line of products for you to work your magic on. Should I order you some turbo props now ?
Old 05-17-2006, 09:22 AM
wojtek

sorry Don, turboprops are not my thing .. only way you gona get me to buy one ( 2 actually ) is if someone comes out with a giant scale Starship
Old 05-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Say it isn't so!!!!!! This can't be happening!!! Have all of the planets lined up or something??? Has Bob been out in the sun too long????.....I've been duped, cheated from a once certain life which Bob only sold jets... I've got to throw away my shirt that infers props are only for stirring paint...

I wish him well---It's about time he took the blinders off---Dare's money in dem dare props!!!

Kevin
Old 05-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Jetkopter

sorry Don, turboprops are not my thing .. only way you gona get me to buy one ( 2 actually ) is if someone comes out with a giant scale Starship

Wojy, I am sorry to hear your not interested in BVM props, I still bet you buy at least one container load to fill in all of those Friday Saturday and Sunday empty spots until the new Bobcats arrive. You dont want Chip to starve to death do you. He has to have some thing to paint besides your toilet seats.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Adil Nasim
My Feedback: (61)

Wojy,

Maybe you wanna reconsider !!

If Don orders it, you may get one with TWO transmitters !!

Adil
Old 05-17-2006, 09:42 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He spent many years building up a name, and now he is capitolizing on it. Can't blame him. I'd guess that Airworld and many others are breathing down his neck as competition for the high-end jets, and the time of being able to charge a big premium for the prestige of BVM is coming to a close, so he might as well cash in and shift his business around while he can. He runs a bidness, he's gotta do what he's gotta do. The Tamjets/BVM F-18 was very indicative for me that the marque was up for sale, so to speak. It is what it is. You can fault BV for many things, if you like, but in this instance, he's changing with the times, I don't think he took the decision lightly, and it's probably a wise move.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Jetkopter

ORIGINAL: Adil Nasim

Wojy,

Maybe you wanna reconsider !!

If Don orders it, you may get one with TWO transmitters !!

Adil

Adil, not that I care, but you have a very long list of recent expensive technical problems with your jets. May be you want to get on the BVM list for a prop job !!!!

BVM Bandit \ wings fell off

BVM Bobcat \ Nose fell off

Skymaster F18 \ wings fell off

Old 05-17-2006, 09:54 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure, but I was hanging out with a prop guy a couple weeks ago and he mentioned a new band of builders in china, I want to say it's called extreme composites or something like that. Anyway, I believe this is the same place where the BVM Superbandit ARF is being made. I'm just interested to know if anyone else knows of this or anything more? Not that it matters, just more gossip I guess.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Hmmm... I wonder what this does to all of his rep' s ? As many of you know, BVM does not allow his rep's to own jets that are produced by other companies - but many of those rep's own loads of prop planes. If Bob now tries to tell his rep's that they are not allowed to fly prop-planes produced by other companies there would probably be a revolt... but if he lets them fly competitor's prop planes while not allowing them to fly competitor's jets, that too might cause hard feelings.

Interesting....

Gordon
Old 05-17-2006, 09:59 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: seanreit

I'm not sure, but I was hanging out with a prop guy a couple weeks ago and he mentioned a new band of builders in china, I want to say it's called extreme composites or something like that. Anyway, I believe this is the same place where the BVM Superbandit ARF is being made. I'm just interested to know if anyone else knows of this or anything more? Not that it matters, just more gossip I guess.
Extreme Composites is the OTHER Thai factory, started by an ex-Composite ARF employee.
As I heard it, the guy set himself up in business and BV started sending HIM the work instead of C-arf, and Andreas got upset, hence the argument over the molds. That's as much as I know.

I have heard people talking about how the Superbandit was made in America, but I heard from somebody else it's this same factory. I do not know for a fact. But this factory is where the new tooling is being done for at least the Kingcat and such, the Ex-CARF ones, by an Ex-CARF employee. Let me add a proviso that all my info is second-hand, and not to be treated as anything but gossip and rumor, I have not talked to any of the three parties involved, nor would I expect a straight answer from any of the three parties involved! It's business, that's all.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:13 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this the same place these prop planes are being made? Are the prop planes "extrememe composites" If they are, this guy I talked to was flying one and it was balls to the walls cool. Had the same live hinging the kingcat has.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:20 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: seanreit

Is this the same place these prop planes are being made? Are the prop planes "extrememe composites" If they are, this guy I talked to was flying one and it was balls to the walls cool. Had the same live hinging the kingcat has.
Yes. And the new kingcats and such are to be coming out of this factory. I have heard. They already produce some other stuff for BVM, what exactly, I do not know, but as I heard it, THAT was the beginning of the dispute with Carf and BVM. BV started giving work to an ex-carf employee who struck off on his own.
Again, the disclaimer: not to be taken as gospel, it's all second hand info to me.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:24 AM
The boys Back

makes Bobs "whiter than white" Speech that he gave at Florida Jets wear a bit thin [X(] the "more expensive because they have been made by american hands in america etc etc." Speech
Old 05-17-2006, 10:35 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: The boys Back

makes Bobs "whiter than white" Speech that he gave at Florida Jets wear a bit thin [X(] the "more expensive because they have been made by american hands in america etc etc." Speech
I have to ask...what was the "whiter than white" speech?

As far as "made in america, american jobs, yadda yadda yadda..." I never saw that as anything but PR, last time I heard that, I put my Chinese-made BVM hat back on and walked away! He's running a business, projecting an image, plenty of people shout "american made" while selling you foreign made stuff, nothing new there.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:38 AM
1Eye
My Feedback: (2)

Cool. It will only be a matter of time before most are retrofitted/re-engineered with JetCat turbo props ... [8D] The good news is that if BV has his fingers in the pie it will be done correctly.

Mike
Old 05-17-2006, 11:02 AM
schroedm

Brave of him to take his production to another Asian factory after saying that the quality in these factories was an issue. Wasn't that why the UltraBandit was to be made entirely in the US and the price reflect it? Taking on a whole product line from another Asian factory and possibly having the Ultra Bandit and new ARF Bandit built there too seems a bit of a u-turn?

Guess the good news is that if the UltraBandit is made out there, the price should at least half!
Old 05-17-2006, 11:21 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: schroedm

Brave of him to take his production to another Asian factory after saying that the quality in these factories was an issue. Wasn't that why the UltraBandit was to be made entirely in the US and the price reflect it? Taking on a whole product line from another Asian factory and possibly having the Ultra Bandit and new ARF Bandit built there too seems a bit of a u-turn?

Guess the good news is that if the UltraBandit is made out there, the price should at least half!
I don't KNOW where the Ultra Bandit is made. I have heard two stories. Just seems rather doubtful that it would be made here in the USA. But who knows?
As far as the quality of the factories, and all the stuff about "Made In America", I guess you need to accept that he's running a business, and projecting an image in order to sell product, and maybe much of what you read needs to be taken with a big grain of salt!
Old 05-17-2006, 11:57 AM
aparchment

Ummm, are you guys sure this is really a BVM venture? The domain has no registration details that reveal the true owner.

Antony
Old 05-17-2006, 12:01 PM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Old 05-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Jet Lag
My Feedback: (26)

Whats next? BVM foamie park flyers and E.T. as BV's newest rep.[:'(]
Old 05-17-2006, 01:01 PM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

i guess we all won't feel bad now buying from comp arf since the bvm jet guys have been sold out ---- it's all from asia now ,just in diff. boxes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.