Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Vettdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

Hey guys,

Here's my first attempt at Onboard Video with my Falcon.
I think I'm going to mount it under the belly to put it more on the CG and on the Centerline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr_NsukKbzc
Old 01-20-2009, 02:54 AM
Mavrik!

ORIGINAL: jet junkie

ORIGINAL: Aussie1

Hey Giggo, I hope you bring that very nice looking Falcon over to Adelaide in May for JA2009. Should be about four around by then, including mine!
Baldeagel, when I bent my wing and front spar, I was not going that fast, just pulled way to hard on the elevator!! The wing is strong enough once it is strengthened to the guidelines contained within this thread. I purposely kept my plane light and used a small output turbine (PST600). This gives slightly less than 1 to 1 power/weight ratio and plenty of performance for me. I also made sure that there are no air entry points into the wing or fuselage structure, as certain high G or alpha manoeuvrers can direct a high velocity, high pressure air stream into the structure, think of the space shuttle re-entry disaster!
Hey Guys!

just a kwik update on giggos falcon..
he managed to do a slight spar adjustment mid flight,only really slight but sure did bend..and Giggo is by no means a stunt munky with his jet...he also put my garmin legend c gps in the fuse to record the flight and his top speed for that run (he wasnt going for a top speed run) was 284 kms so not a bad cruizing speed at all..so now he has managed to source some solid fiberglass rod which i think he can mill down to the inside diam of the ali rod and glue the thing in so that will never happen again..Giggo rekons that the ali one is really SH....T! so glad he got it home in one piece as its a lovely model and i hope to get mine looking like his soon!

cheers

Haydn
Another Ozzie Falcon 120 nearly born!!

Mav
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95303.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1115102   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85881.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1115103  
Old 01-20-2009, 07:50 AM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

ORIGINAL: Vettdriver

Hey guys,

Here's my first attempt at Onboard Video with my Falcon.
I think I'm going to mount it under the belly to put it more on the CG and on the Centerline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr_NsukKbzc
Vett
Great video.

try mounting it just above the Canopy next time.
What are you using for the Camera

Thanks
Joe
Old 01-20-2009, 08:21 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As I have taken all the formers out of the Fus, I have been able to get a 2L Lenor Fabic Conditioner bottle into the rear with just a small amount of heating to clear the wing tube, just put the bottle in place with the wing tube under it, needs a little forcing to get it right, then put a heat gun into the neck of the bottle, the plastic seems to know just where to go and it formed perfectly. I have drilled through the rear deck to take 10mm carbon rod, this will be epoxied to the inside fus wing root formers and to the longitudinal members I am putting in, will take pics when I do it, been a bit side tracked with my Rookie.

Mike

Name:	Xu62843.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1115193  
Old 01-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Grodus

Mav ,
Cant wait to hear your report after flying it with the rabbit. I have a super bee on mine but I have a new rabbit still in the box. I thought about changing to the rabbit but my plane came in under 14lbs and the bee is perfect.

Good luck on the madien.

Cody
Old 01-20-2009, 08:56 AM
BaldEagel

Couple of internal pics showing the approx positioning of the new formers and tank, leaves the whole of the area in the cockpit free for the equipment deck.

Mike

EDIT: I am going to remake the front formers to take two air tanks, before you ask, just because I can.

Name:	Ig13425.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1115232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88622.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1115233  
Old 01-20-2009, 11:48 AM
TURBINATOR

Anyone here using the Airpower retracts? I have been having air leaks on the nipples and was wondering what could be done to stop it from leaking?

Jeff
Old 01-20-2009, 01:40 PM
BaldEagel

If they are leaking from the push on tube then wire the tube on, if they are leaking from the nipple joint to the air ram either send them back or apply some epoxy with microballoons to the area around the nipple to try and seal it up.

Mike
Old 01-20-2009, 02:18 PM
TURBINATOR

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

If they are leaking from the push on tube then wire the tube on, if they are leaking from the nipple joint to the air ram either send them back or apply some epoxy with microballoons to the area around the nipple to try and seal it up.

Mike
Thanks Mike,

The air is passing under the tubing. It is strange that the connection seems very tight but yet they still leak at only 40 psi. Could small abrasions on the connection be the problem as in during removing the tubing with scissors? I have wired them down and now seems to be holding.

Jeff
Old 01-20-2009, 02:33 PM
new2jets

ORIGINAL: jramirez

Mike
Thanks Mike,

The air is passing under the tubing. It is strange that the connection seems very tight but yet they still leak at only 40 psi. Could small abrasions on the connection be the problem as in during removing the tubing with scissors? I have wired them down and now seems to be holding.

Jeff
had the same problem with air power don`t think it`s the make its where they get damaged getting pipes off just rubbed a bit of wet & dryed around mine fix the problem[8D]

Name:	Mk26048.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1115421  
Old 01-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Vettdriver

Jet,

It's a camera I picked up at a wholesale club after Christmas. Called an Action Cam model #ATC2K
I only paid 49.99 plus tax for it and it came with a 1GB card, three different mounting options and the download cables.
It weighs about 7oz. and attaches with a clip to a mounting plate that is strapped in place with velcro.

Since it can rotate in it's housing I think I'll mount it under the belly on the access hatch.
With it strapped to the boom it was noticably yawing to the left and the extra weight made it want to roll a little.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:41 PM
new2-2jets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mav,
new 2 2 jets here,
new2 jets sent me your mail request for the springs,he is the brains and i'm the donkey so if you want to pm me i will gladly organise 3 springs and send them to you,no problem
this is a great thread and i really enjoy reading it almost as much as i enjoy flyin my falcon,
great comments and very helpful tips,
mark,
and for the newbies an old(but still favourite) vid of my baby
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OE0yOoobTuw

Name:	Cz79933.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1115475  
Old 01-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Mavrik!

ORIGINAL: Grodus

Mav ,
Cant wait to hear your report after flying it with the rabbit. I have a super bee on mine but I have a new rabbit still in the box. I thought about changing to the rabbit but my plane came in under 14lbs and the bee is perfect.

Good luck on the madien.

Cody
Cody,

Congrats on your Rabbit purchase. I just got mine and if it goes as good as it looks it will be awesome!! I will just use throttle management instead of dialing back Rabbit. Then you have full power for verticle and take off! Hope to maiden this weekend and will get some vid!!

Mav
Old 01-20-2009, 04:45 PM
soupcandogs

hey guys, just picked up a new falcon. Any recomendations on retracts? Also wheels and brakes, im not looking to go top of the line
just something that works good. Ill be flying it with a jj1400.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Mavrik!

ORIGINAL: new2-2jets

Mav,
new 2 2 jets here,
new2 jets sent me your mail request for the springs,he is the brains and i'm the donkey so if you want to pm me i will gladly organise 3 springs and send them to you,no problem
this is a great thread and i really enjoy reading it almost as much as i enjoy flyin my falcon,
great comments and very helpful tips,
mark,
and for the newbies an old(but still favourite) vid of my baby
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OE0yOoobTuw
Mark,

Great Vid. I am sure you land perfect now. PM sent about springs. Thanks for helping out a fellow jet freak!

I hope to have my own maiden vid this weekedn and will post link. Very envious of your flying field. Nothing like the crap we have to fly on!!

Mav
Old 01-20-2009, 05:23 PM
new2jets

vid of my baby

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GizfxuImc2k
Old 01-21-2009, 12:58 AM
Aussie1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jet Junkie, please do not tell me that my old mate, Giggo, tried to fly the Falcon without the spar reinforcement!! From personal experiece, to anybody about to fly their Falcon, please throw the original spar as far away as you can, or reinforce it, or repace with carbon variety! Mav, that rabbit on the back looks great.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:42 AM
Gandalv

ORIGINAL: new2jets

vid of my baby

From the video it seems that your flighttime is over 6 minutes. What engine and how much fuel du you have onboard ?

Thanks

regards from
Gandalv
Old 01-21-2009, 09:10 AM
jet junkie

Hey Aussie1!
yea he did mate...as you know hes not a HOON and flys gentle like with his model but he did mention a bit of rugged turbulance that may have had a hand in the bending...actually i stand corrected by Giggo on the spar repair he never fitted the fiberglass rod inside the ali one he just milled the fiberglass rod to fit perfectly and i think a freight train will be easily derailed by this daddy! and i will be getting mine from him in the near future.
I had a great day with my old baby boomarang today got certified and finnished my training with instructor (MIKE SONNEMAN) young gun im sure you know, talented pilot and great teacher,so now FREE to roam the skys
YEE!HAAA

cheers
guys

Haydn
Old 01-21-2009, 11:22 AM
new2jets

ORIGINAL: Gandalv

vid of my baby

From the video it seems that your flighttime is over 6 minutes. What engine and how much fuel du you have onboard ?

Thanks

regards from
Gandalv
hi gandalv

I have a wren supersport 18 lb+ straped to the back and 2 litre tank and uat flight time 6.5 mins the ss uses 1 litre ever 3.2 mins at full power i seem to use about 1 3/4 litres per flight plenty left for a few go rounds if needed

Name:	Tr50493.jpg
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1116009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67645.jpg
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1116010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23428.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	1116011  
Old 01-21-2009, 11:42 AM
BaldEagel

vid of my baby

Is it me or did you take off into wind and land down wind or visa versa? LOL

Mike
Old 01-21-2009, 12:12 PM
new2jets

vid of my baby

Mike
Down wind take off and landed into wind not that it makes a lot of differents to a good pilot and there was very little wind that day anyway.

mav

take a look at this new2-2jets at winter jets a couple of weeks back has his landing improved ?????????

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xfSgW1lLti4

well it must have done he did`nt break it
Old 01-21-2009, 12:22 PM
BaldEagel

vid of my baby

Mike
Down wind take off and landed into wind not that it makes a lot of differents to a good pilot and there was very little wind that day anyway.

mav

take a look at this new2-2jets at winter jets a couple of weeks back has his landing improved ?????????

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xfSgW1lLti4

well it must have done he did`nt brake it

I know this is a US forum but don't go all American on me, don't you mean he did not break it or do you mean you did not use the brake's LOL again

Mike
Old 01-21-2009, 12:34 PM
new2jets

thanks mike

sorry i did not give it 100%
Old 01-21-2009, 05:26 PM
new2-2jets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3.2 litres of fuel per litre,2 litres of fuel for 6.4 minutes-boy you must land on fumes.....
or you use the throttle-no point havin power if your not gonna use it
the throttle is only used to start the plane and stop it,other than that its just an aileron stick(mode 1,one,the first,the begining,numero uno)
i would also like to redeem my landing by blaming the plane and offering my other(as in new 2 2jets) baby.
i know this is a falcon 120 website so the follwing is of my eurosport on its first flight

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=B2iHxcu2qqU

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.