Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 06:18 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

Now that is nice, how do you spell envy? and where is that runway, don't keep it a to yourself? LOL

Mike
Old 01-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Mavrik!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: new2jets

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: new2jets

vid of my baby

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GizfxuImc2k
Is it me or did you take off into wind and land down wind or visa versa? LOL

Mike
Down wind take off and landed into wind not that it makes a lot of differents to a good pilot and there was very little wind that day anyway.

mav

take a look at this new2-2jets at winter jets a couple of weeks back has his landing improved ?????????

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xfSgW1lLti4

well it must have done he did`nt break it
Any landing that gets you on the ground without damage is a great landing. (albeit with a bunny hop here and there!) That was a good landing!!!!

Mav

Ps I have to be nice or he will throw my springs in the bin!!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:49 AM
new2-2jets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mike-
envy is good although would it help when i say the eurosport had a lockout on the downside of a loop,i wont forget the sound as plane met tarmac although contact was on its belly not straight in,she is waiting for repair when i have repaired the other 5 prop job planes the runway is near swindon which is nice but a 2 hour journey each way.
mav-
yes any landing without damage is a good one but it didnt look very good,especially as the wheels were so close to the tarmac-if they didnt actually touch-is that still classed as a bunny hop(or hops)?lol-ha ha niceity is not required-the springs had already left but still appreciate your kind words.
its nice to be a part of this forum although as i have only been flying for a few years with no building and very little assembly experience i have to leave the the clever bits to the experienced.
thanx mark
Old 01-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Mavrik!

Guys, I know this has been asked before and I am lazy not going back, but I am nearly finished the Falcon 120 and just need the COG PLEASE!!!

Cheers,

Mav
Old 01-22-2009, 07:11 AM
BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: new2-2jets

mike-
envy is good although would it help when i say the eurosport had a lockout on the downside of a loop,i wont forget the sound as plane met tarmac although contact was on its belly not straight in,she is waiting for repair when i have repaired the other 5 prop job planes the runway is near swindon which is nice but a 2 hour journey each way.
mav-

mark
OHhhh very sorry to hear that and no it does not help LOL, what radio gear are you using and did you find the cause of the lock out? Funny you should say that about some prop jobs I have a 2M Edge with a wiped out UC that I have just not got around to repairing and its a simple repair. Swindon is even further away for me as I am in darkest Kent still its nice to dream of one day using Tarmac.

Mav

About 1" in front of the main wing tube, don't you have the instructions?

Mike
Old 01-22-2009, 07:15 AM
BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: new2-2jets

yes any landing without damage is a good one but it didnt look very good,especially as the wheels were so close to the tarmac-if they didnt actually touch-is that still classed as a bunny hop(or hops)?lol-ha ha niceity is not required-the springs had already left but still appreciate your kind words.
thanx mark
In full size they are know as PIO's I will leave that to our imagination if you don't know already?

Mike
Old 01-22-2009, 08:06 AM
new2-2jets

Mike
The eurosport happened at a jet meet about 3 hours north,i can prove it was a lock out cos the wheels came down which obviously was the point of first contact-if only i hadnt set the gear to come down on failsafe it wouldnt have ripped the wings apart and i wouldnt have lost the oleos.
I had previously lost my viperjet in questionable radio problem circumstances and when the euro went down aswell i was considering giving up on jets,but the long drive home gave nige(new2jets and passenger for the journey) and i time to chew it over,we both decided to buy 2.4 and a few days later we both brought new trannies,all ok since.For whatever reason it must have been some sort of interference on 35 mhz with my set up although i did my best to keep pump from ecu and receiver etc-you live and learn as they say
As for the PIO... im not very good at cryptic clues,especially ones to share (that dont involve using another word for being drunk as the P) but will give it some more thought[&:]
mark

Old 01-22-2009, 08:22 AM
BaldEagel

Mark

I have been on 2.4Ghz since the first Spektrum came out, then bought the DX9 from JR realised the folly of my way (DX9 not capable enough) and replaced it with a Futaba 12FG on 2.4Ghz this was all interspersed by a very bad experience with the Graupner IFS system (US XPS) Graupner gave me a full refund on the IFS system after presenting some pretty convinsing evidence and a bit of excess letter writing, but so far the Spektrum and the Futaba have performed fautlesly.

I will put you out of your missery, PIO stands for "Pilot Induced Oscillations"

Mike
Old 01-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mavrik!

Guys, I know this has been asked before and I am lazy not going back, but I am nearly finished the Falcon 120 and just need the COG PLEASE!!!

Cheers,

Mav
13 to 13-1/8th of an inch from the Leading edge of the wing at the Root. Make sure your header tank/uav is full. It is best to get it balanced so it sits level. I recently rebalanced mine and set it to the 13-1/8th inch setting and it made a world of difference.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:49 AM
new2-2jets

AAAAhhhhhaaa pio-i would never have guessed that.
the annoying thing was that the day b4 the crash,we had a bbq at our local grass flying site and people were talking about 2.4 as more and more people almost on a daily basis were taking the plunge,i was brushing it off as not needed as my 35 mhz had performed ok-
those conversations were my un doing and it came back to bite me-boo hoo hoo
mark
Old 01-22-2009, 09:26 AM
BaldEagel

Mark

I know what you mean about 2.4Ghz, before I took the plunge, there where areas on my local flying site that you did not fly through even on PCM, the line of sight of these areas are directly between four high powered radio communication masts over a very large area of water (Medway and Thames) so in four areas we know we will have glitches or lock outs on 35Mhz, since switching too 2.4Ghz I have even gone to the extreme of a 2.1M Composite Electric powered Extra with no radio problems I would never have considered this on 35Mhz on this site.

Mike
Old 01-22-2009, 09:33 AM
TURBINATOR

Our flying field is situated adjacent to a Naval training base and we have always had interference problems from day one with all previous radio systems. All of us now fly 2.4 Ghz and for 2 years now have not had even one "hit" or failsafe issue.

Jeff
Old 01-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Ed

ORIGINAL: jramirez

Our flying field is situated adjacent to a Naval training base and we have always had interference problems from day one with all previous radio systems. All of us now fly 2.4 Ghz and for 2 years now have not had even one "hit" or failsafe issue.

Jeff
That's an excellent endorsment for 2.4. We have had a similar situation with an AF base down the road a few miles.

For those in your club that have made the switch to 2.4, has it been to Futaba, or Spektrum/JR ? Just wondering which is best suited for flying jets ? ? ?
Just wondering what to buy ? []

Ed
Old 01-23-2009, 05:04 AM
BaldEagel

Without trying to start a trade war, I have the Spektrum and had the JR which I found too restrictive on mixers etc, the Futaba FG12 or 12Z are much more capable than the JR equivilant, incidently the FG and Z have 12 fully proportional and mixable channels plus two switched channels so they are in reality 14 channel sets, IMO the frequency hopping of the Futaba is also superior to the two fixed channel of the JR/Spektrum, but don't get me wrong I have had no problems with the Spektrum in any way and it flew in everything I owned, including jets untill I got the Futaba which makes it much easier to have a servo on each channel rather than using Y leads and servo revearsers etc.

Mike
Old 01-23-2009, 09:38 AM
TURBINATOR

ORIGINAL: Ed

ORIGINAL: jramirez

Jeff
That's an excellent endorsment for 2.4. We have had a similar situation with an AF base down the road a few miles.

For those in your club that have made the switch to 2.4, has it been to Futaba, or Spektrum/JR ? Just wondering which is best suited for flying jets ? ? ?
Just wondering what to buy ? []

Ed
Ed,

All but one of us are on Spektrum, the one is on Futaba. I was the first to switch, so most bought after watching me fly Spektrum and gave them confidence to buy. But the Futaba has been excellent as well!

Jeff
Old 01-23-2009, 10:19 AM
BaldEagel

I love my Spektrum espcially as I now have ten Rx's to fly different airframes with, but and its a big BUT if you are in the future your going to go anything more complicated than a basic sports jet you will need something more than the seven channels the Spektrum offers and more than the available nine channels that JR offers, I think the 12 channel JR may be avialable in the US, but not in the Uk yet that is my reason for going the Futaba 12FG route it is capable of setting up buterfly mixing in aircraft mode on a side slider the JR9 can not take the butterfly off the throttle stick unless you use mixers, that then leaves less mixers for other things, the Futaba also offers Winglets which are rudders on the ends of the wings, this I use for dual rudders on the Falcon without using up any of the mixers, this is then mixed with the nose wheel steering and trimmed on a dial at the top of the Tx it also switches off when the UC is retracted, twin elevators servos indipendantly controlled from the Tx for setting up throws etc, up too an eight servo wing all indipendantly controlled, I just found it much easier to set up for a complicated airframe, but if you have no asperations to go that complicated then the Spektrum may do what you want, belive it or not I use 13 channels in my Rookie the only Y lead is for the second battery off the steering servo input.

Mike
Old 01-23-2009, 12:40 PM
TURBINATOR

Mike,

You make a good point about needing more channels. I am finishing up my second Falcon, this time with brakes and would like more channels. How is everyone with a
7 channel hooking up everything? I like my steering mixed with rudder so I can trim independently while on the move.

Jeff
Old 01-23-2009, 01:08 PM
BaldEagel

This is how I have arranged everything in the Rookie, it helps to do a spread sheet when it gets this complicated, I even forgott in my last post that I had used all 14 channels for moving bits and not 13 as I said earlier.

With seven channels you may have to Y lead your flaps and reverse the arm on one servo so you can use one channel, you could probably do the same with the rudder and move the rudder horn to line up with a reversed servo arm, then a mix for the steering servo, three channels so far, two more for the ailerons and one for the throttle thats six leaves one for the brakes, but no retracts oh bother, perhaps if you put the brakes on down elevator, just a thought.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay76178.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1117466  
Old 01-23-2009, 02:38 PM
TURBINATOR

Would a matchbox be useful for putting brakes on down elevator? Can it be trimmed so that only full down elevator activates the brakes?

Jeff
Old 01-23-2009, 03:15 PM
BaldEagel

Jeff

That not what a match box does, what you need is an offset position on the mix on down elevator so the brakes only work on the last 10% of elevator movement.

A match box matches the movement of two servos from the same output.

Mike
Old 01-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Ed

Ed,

" All but one of us are on Spektrum, the one is on Futaba. I was the first to switch, so most bought after watching me fly Spektrum and gave them confidence to buy. But the Futaba has been excellent as well!

Jeff "

Jeff, thanks for reenforcing my decision to go with Spektrum. 90% of the jet guys in my neighborhood have gone with either spektrum, or JR. They tell me that the sattelite receiver offers greater insurance.

Ed
Old 01-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you need to mix elevator to an open aux channel to work the brakes.
A mix with 3 or 5 point curve. set the curve to 0 on the up elevator travel points and as needed for down elevator.
To turn the mix on use the same switch that lowers the landing gear.

using just a match box would be very difficult to get it right.

the match box will drive 4 servos from a single input. each servo's center and end points can be set independant of the others as well as reversing the direction.

Best bet get a New radio wioth more channels and mixes available. Put the brakes on an open channel

Old 01-23-2009, 04:02 PM
rjbob
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: Ed

Ed,

" All but one of us are on Spektrum, the one is on Futaba. I was the first to switch, so most bought after watching me fly Spektrum and gave them confidence to buy. But the Futaba has been excellent as well!

Jeff "

Jeff, thanks for reenforcing my decision to go with Spektrum. 90% of the jet guys in my neighborhood have gone with either spektrum, or JR. They tell me that the sattelite receiver offers greater insurance.

Ed
Besides the better programming flexibility, one of the reasons I love my Futaba is not needing extra receivers for a superior link.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:31 PM
TURBINATOR

Thanks Fellas for all the ideas with setting up brakes!

Jeff
Old 01-24-2009, 08:43 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Spectrum I have a JR 10X with the spectrum running three different jets and have the Futaba 9c with Spectrum running 5 electrics. They all work great and my data logger comes back clean after every flight. The most fades I have seen on my jets is 32 on one antenna 8 on another and 0 on the other 2. George

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.