Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Can anyone please answer WHY

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Can anyone please answer WHY

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:46 AM
Big Tony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone please answer WHY

Hi All,

Problem solved but just curious as to why please can anyone shed some light as to why the following is so.

Two simjets (3000 and 2300) in two seperate planes (flash and a viperjet) with the ECU before lars changed to gaspars fadec had great range when the engine is at idle but as soon as full bore is applied I couldn't walk 10 paces (tried Futaba and JR) until I changed to the gaspar fadec now there is no difference in range from full bore, idle or no engine running IN BOTH PLANES ????. I am realy happy with the engines them selves or simjet service never had a problem in that department they are first class just in the elec side maybe.

These engines had only ever been in a kangaroo before the planes they are in now.

Anybody have a reason or experienced similar

Thanks

Ant
Old 06-11-2007, 06:37 AM
Miniflyer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Can anyone please answer WHY

Just a guess, but the new pump output might have a noise supressor factory-installed, while the old one has electric motor "noise" of the pump running full bore.....

best regards
Hank
Old 06-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Vampire
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Ant,

There may be many different responses to your question as I do not know your specifics of the equipment installation in the aircraft and how the pump and solenoid cables where routed in ref. to the ECU / Rx locations. The greater the separation of these components in ALL installations the better.

I can only guess that it may have been the position of the older SIMJET-D2 ecu in close proximity to your Rx. In addition, the D2 ECU can be influenced by the TX. under some conditions while in very close proximity to the aircraft.

Carbon fiber airframe reinforcement will have an impact as well on RX range checks.

In any case, it is good to see that your doing the correct checks before flight.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:02 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

I go for the pump noise, I have seen it happen on a jet Cat once, then again on both angines at the same time with two deferent brand radios, the pump was change and things were back to normal. Also if you did this at home there may be some new noise coming from a phone tower or some thing like that, defenitelly something has change since last time you run your engines at that spot.

Something is new at that sopt for it to happen to both systems at the seme time and with two diferent brand radios, the new Gaspar Fedec is probably filtering that noise where the old fedec couldn't. Did you try to run them at the filed or at home, do some research at home and report back ( I'm curious now ) you may be able to answer your question.

Good luck and have fun with you jets [8D].
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24992.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	702034   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23059.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	702035   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97414.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	75.4 KB