Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Great Northern Models

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Great Northern Models

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:10 PM
racer8297
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Northern Models

Hi guys,

What is the story with Great Northern Models? I ordered Trim wheels with brakes from them on April 21st. Got a confirmation email. The next day, the 22nd, I got an email from Ed saying that the wheels I ordered were not in stock in the size I ordered (7/16 strut size). He asked if he should substitute with 1/2 inch or if I wanted, he would have the right ones in 10 days. I emailed back to wait the 10 days.

Now, 17 days later, I do not have the wheels. I called and called and emailed and emailed. No response. Finally, on Tuesday, I called and Ed answered the phone. He said that he didn't have the wheels yet and he would check with the vendor to see what was happening. He also said that he would email later that evening as to what the status was. I told him that if the 7/16" wheels were delayed, I would take the 1/2" wheels. Ed said fine and he would email me that night by midight. Well, I haven't heard from Ed since. I called, I emailed, no response.

What is the story with this guy? I want to give him the benifit of the doubt but he makes it impossible by not responding with the info. I don't care if he hasn't shipped or if there is a problem. I just want to know.

Sorry the the PIA post. I'm just venting. Anyone know a different source for the Trim line of wheels and brakes?

Jim
Old 05-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Great Northern Models

Ed is a great guy, he works at GNM as a second vocation and some times his main job gets in the way of his "hobby" LOL He will get you your goods, I would bank on that!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:01 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I hate to say it, I like Ed, but he needs to step up some of the service aspects, I think I see more posts on RCU about "where is vendor XXXX" in relation to Great Northern than any other. It's to bad really, I tried ordering wheels once but never did hear back about availability, but I did buy a Spectre that they had in stock and it arrived quickly for a good price. I'd like to see them be more successful, but as I say, communication needs to be stepped up.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:57 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ed is a quiet kinda guy for sure. ALL of my dealings with him have been 1st rate. You'll need a bit of patience for a reply for sure. Sorry to hear your experience with him is not the same as mine.

Dave
Old 05-09-2008, 10:08 PM
racer8297

Funny, but I just got back from dinner and I have 3 emails from Ed's wife, Kim. She is following up.

Now, I wonder if my post had anything to do with the response from Kim.

You know, I don't care how long it takes an item to arrive. I just want honest information and a timely response. It dosen't mean anything to me that someone "works from home" or "it's his second job". That's all fine. But second job or not, it's a business. And communication can be more important than which day I get my order.

Judging by his website I would say that he has the potential to do this right. Hopefully this will be behind me soon and we can give him a try next time.

Jim
Old 05-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Unfortunately, customer communications from a lot of jet suppliers could use a huge improvement. I've had dealings (and spent a quite a bit of money) with different companies around the globe, and many would not pass a basic customer satisfaction survey because they don't answer their emails or phone calls in a timely manner.. As consumers, we have high expections.....and being kept informed is one of the primary ones. I had one instance that took over 30 emails and 5 phone calls to complete a transaction - none were difficult - for example, it took 3 weeks (and many emails) to get a price of an in stock item!!! That sort of thing is beyond unacceptable. (just to clarify, this was not GNM. This is just an illustration of how poor customer communication can be...)

So, to all you guys in the RC business out there.....Stay in touch with your customers!! Even if the answer is that you don't have an answer, that is far better than continual and ongoing silence.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Dig it

My 2 cents on Great Northern is don't bother, I've tried more than once to give them my business, No success at all.

Thank you to Altecare for filling my cancelled Northern Models orders in a timely fashion.

Dale
Old 05-10-2008, 04:29 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

i also lost trust on them...

customer communication = dosent exist
Old 05-10-2008, 07:34 AM
racer8297

Ok, is there another place where I can get Trim wheels and brakes? I am looking for reasonably priced main wheel/brakes for my Reaction 54. I need 3" mains and a 2.5" nose wheel.

Jim
Old 05-10-2008, 07:54 AM
B58
My Feedback: (43)

I will look in my tool box in a few minutes. I may have a new set. Bob
Old 05-10-2008, 08:36 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Jim,
Do they need to be Trim? I have both BVM and Intairco in stock.
Todd
Old 05-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Grodus

Jim,
I'm still waiting on a set of Trim brakes from GNM that I ordered last September. The wheels were in stock but the brakes were not. I got the wheels and when I inquired about the brakes a few weeks later, Ed told me he would check that day and get back to me. I havent heard from him or be able to get a response since. Sounds familiar doesnt it.

Cody
Old 05-10-2008, 12:44 PM
bob1393
My Feedback: (10)

Jim - I went onto the internet and got the phone no. for Trim Aircraft - they are in Australia. I called them direct and they sent me the replacement tires for my Reaction 54. Paid the same price I would have paid GNM. Got them in about a week.

Bob
Old 05-10-2008, 01:44 PM
racer8297

Thanks Bob1393, I will try that as a last resort!

Jim
Old 05-10-2008, 04:29 PM
lov2flyrc

Jim,
as per your contact, give me a call monday. We have what you need.
Todd
Old 05-13-2008, 01:41 PM
lowell
My Feedback: (16)

I would agree with Dale (Dig It).After my dealings with GNM and suffering through their service (or lack there of)- I will not do any business with them in the future.

Lowell
Old 05-13-2008, 07:41 PM
racer8297

Thanks for all you input. I canceled my order with GNM and Todd at Dreamworks took care of me. Of course, before placing the order with Todd I tried calling GNM to cancel and there was no answer. So I logged on and I saw that my order was no longer showing, it was removed. So I emailed GNM to cancel. No sooner than I did that, Ed (GNM) emails me that he Fedexed my order. So now my dilemma is what to do about the GNM order. I want to do the right thing here but I don't want the order from GNM. If my wife is home when it comes she can refuse it. But more than likely, the Fedex guy (or gal) will leave it at the door.

All this because GNM can't communicate properly. I don't care that he has another job or a kid to take care of. Thats not my problem. It sounds harsh but thats the truth. If you want to have a business you have to go above and beyond the call of duty. It doesn't matter if you are selling hobby items or cars. And this BS about him having a Blackberry so he can respond to questions even after hours. What a crock. He doesn't even pick up the phone during hours.

Sorry for the rant.

Jim
Old 05-13-2008, 07:46 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Its on a credit card just cancel the payment and send it back when it arrives . If fed ex leaves it on your door step just call them for a pick up and tell they you refuse shipment.BTW did GNM provide you with a FedEx tracking number ?
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 05-13-2008, 07:53 PM
racer8297

Hi Unclejoe,

Yes, I have the tracking number. It is due to arrive tomorrow. Of course, when I ordered it I checked 3 day shipping and GNM sent in with 2 day.

And thank you for responding!

Jim
Old 05-13-2008, 08:08 PM
KC36330

i agree with Joe, refuse the order and let GNM have it back. it's sad that you (and many others) have to post online about your problem to get your item shipped. it's getting to where Todd has most things i need these days and I've taken most of my business to him because of his prompt service before and after the sale, you can't go wrong with Dreamworks.

the only complaint i have out of Todd (and it's not really a complaint [8D] ) is he likes to call me by my given name rather then KC and for the most part my mother is the only other person that does that.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:08 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: KC36330

is he likes to call me by my given name
And that is??????? [8D]
Old 05-13-2008, 09:09 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: seanreit

And that is??????? [8D]
Kyron
Old 05-14-2008, 07:14 AM
Mike Emilio

The general consensus here is, communication, communication, communication!

Yes, there's alot of guys that do this from home, and I'm also ok with that.

Been there done that, with someone that basically ignored all my emails just shortly after getting my money order (No names required).
Communication was excellent during the salesman stage, but after sending my money, everything stopped, and the fellow was insistant on me making long distance phone calls only.
That started giving me a real bad feeling when the guy didn't want to put anything in writing on an email.
I've heard all the typical excuses, but to a buyer, it's all crap when you got money sent out!

Alot of guys all typically carry the same stuff, no big deal most of the time.
And for guys like Dreamworks, Wow, he's got everything! or can get it pretty quick.

In this hobby, I'm totally convinced that customer service rules. That's the difference that splits off all others!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:29 AM
lov2flyrc

ORIGINAL: KC36330

the only complaint i have out of Todd (and it's not really a complaint [8D] ) is he likes to call me by my given name rather then KC and for the most part my mother is the only other person that does that.

Sorry Kyron.... KC from now on

I have to admit... I am not always as responsive as I would like to be. Sometimes I find it impossible to get to all the messages or emails in a day but do try and typically respond within 24hrs. Most of you may not know, Dreamworks is actually my second business and my other company (AEF, Aircraft Engineering and Fabrication) does suck up quite a bit of my time during the day. Dreamworks and AEF run out of the same facility side by side.

We have gone through a few employees hired to pack orders, none have worked out so, I am back to filling orders myself at the moment [:@] If I dont get back to you immediately, know that I will! Or...just call back
Old 05-14-2008, 02:20 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

We have gone through a few employees hired to pack orders, none have worked out so, I am back to filling orders myself at the moment [:@]
I'll take that into consideration as to the reason i didn't know my servo arms were back ordered till i open the box just now and they aren't in there. Can i get an ETA on those as I'm in sort of a bind waiting on them for an install?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.