Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetjoe and Regal Strikes!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetjoe and Regal Strikes!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Jetjoe and Regal Strikes!

The impact is spilling over to legitimate users. Check [link=http://www.xicoy.com/foros/]Gaspar Fadec Forum[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41072.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1150520  
Old 03-04-2009, 10:12 PM
sKrUb_69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jetjoe and Regal Strikes!

well that just sucks for all the jet joe guys including myself...
Old 03-04-2009, 10:20 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Sucks to see companies have to resort to this, but i can't say i didn't see it coming...
Old 03-04-2009, 10:26 PM
B777

Great move by Xicoy.

BTW, Regal=Legal?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:54 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: sKrUb_69

WHOA there- Put a bridle on that and ride it by a little slower

Your saying that it sucks that you cant get support from the company that STOLE the property of another and now cant help you with the product you paid THEM for that they dont know ***** about because they DIDNT MAKE IT!!! Methinks you should be mad at little ol Jet Joe.

Looks fair to me. Good for Gaspar and Wren
Scotty
Old 03-04-2009, 11:13 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, the only JetJoe engines I've seen running in Dubai were absolutely non-impressive. The last one flamed-out during a go-around and the model crashed nearby the runway.

When I compare that product with a same size M90 producing 100N of thrust at 28°c and peak EGT 550°c, acceleration in 3 seconds and rock solid combustion...

I've tested 4 M90 now and every new version coming is getting better from the original engine that I had and that was fantastic. I have no doubt that this engine is the best on the market at present time.
So I must put my hat down to Gaspar and let him know that every disappointed JetJoe owner is a potential new customer for him...
Old 03-05-2009, 05:49 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

NO!, your statement should have been; "well that sucks for all the legitimate users, NOT including myself..."

You ARE part of the reason for Gaspar's action.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good for Gaspar!!

He should have done this a long time ago.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder why Gaspar switched from forum to email-only - surely he could have just e.g. deleted all current user accounts and required everyone to sign-up again, giving the same proof during registration as he is now requiring by email. That would seem to give the same level of protection, while still allowing his legitimate users to get immediate access to manuals, etc when they need it.

Regardless, it's good to see some steps being taken against the free ride that JetJunk has been stealing for so long.

Gordon
Old 03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
BirdofpraY
My Feedback: (31)

well why would gaspar need a forum, they work just perfict and if it doesn't... Well it must not be Gaspar... lol
Old 03-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the support.

The forum now is on the fridge for some time, could be that someday I resurrect it, maybe password protected or something like this. Last year I keept it running in respect for our genuine costumers, but each day I had more and more joe costumers there. I should say that I don't have any complain for JJ/regal costumers that ask me for help, I understand his situation and that they look for solutions to his problems in all the places that they can to recover a bit his investment, but I think that my share of help is all used. I had felt really bad for some of them, I remember one case of a guy from a, say "very modest" country, who saved money over 2 years to buy a engine that was his lifetime dream, and after getting it, he had nothing but problems. The "gentlmen" who sold him the engine and took his money suggested him to ask in our forum looking for help for a "second hand Mw54"... after few emails it was very hard for me to say him that all his earned money was lost. In the other side, i received some nasty emails too, from people that didn't heard (read) what they liked.

Thanks again for the support, and don't hesitate to contact me for any question.

Gaspar
Old 03-05-2009, 04:43 PM
WrenTurbines

ORIGINAL: Gaspar
The "gentlmen" who sold him the engine and took his money suggested him to ask in our forum looking for help for a "second hand Mw54"...

Gaspar
So one assumes that is a JJ dealer telling the customer to tell lies about what engine he'd got, and yet again pretending a JJ is a Wren ... but according to people on the JJ thread, it's wrong of me to object!

I'm not surprised that you have had enough, Gaspar. We know how hard you have worked to develop and support the FADECs, we value you as a supplier and we know how it feels to have a product copied badly and sold under false pretences.

For all Wren customers, FADEC support will continue as usual through Wren, and Gaspar will continue to help and advise us.

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines
Old 03-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not wrong to object.

It's frustrating that few people have any honour in business nowadays.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: WrenTurbines
ORIGINAL: Gaspar
The "gentlmen" who sold him the engine and took his money suggested him to ask in our forum looking for help for a "second hand Mw54"...
Gaspar
So one assumes that is a JJ dealer telling the customer to tell lies about what engine he'd got, and yet again pretending a JJ is a Wren ... but according to people on the JJ thread, it's wrong of me to object!
Just ignore the eejits.

As Ayn Rand said : “Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.", so you are simply wasting your time even trying to have an intelligent conversation with people like them.

Gordon
Old 03-06-2009, 11:58 AM
rcdriver22
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: BirdofpraY

well why would gaspar need a forum, they work just perfict and if it doesn't... Well it must not be Gaspar... lol
Having read a lot of posts on the Xiroy site and Gaspers earlier ecu site, many turbine users fiddle with their ecus, change various settings to get better running[:-], then wonder why their turbine is not running right, if at all. Others reverse polarity (should be impossible for a competent user) and cook the boards [>:]and just want an answer. Others you'd not trust with a box of matches and most just have a real problem with their fadec, mine was a failing battery causing start up problems as the starter drained the power. Gasper analysed, mapped out sequential tests to identify the underlying problem. Once fixed, worked a treat and I have four of them which operate faultlessly.

You don't miss support though until you really need it.

Paul

Old 03-06-2009, 12:19 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

It does suck, like if you build a Ferrari kit on a Fiero chassis and then get pissed off because the real Ferrari dealer won't work on it!!!!

How could Gaspar possibly do this, totally unfair....

oh no wait, it was all the theft of his designs that was unfair in the beginning wasn't it!
Old 03-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix
It does suck, like if you build a Ferrari kit on a Fiero chassis and then get pissed off because the real Ferrari dealer won't work on it!!!!
They won't ??? [X(][X(][sm=confused.gif]

That's it – no Ferrari purchase from me. I'll boycott them to make them really hurt, and mark my words - they will rue the day they refused to give me free help on my Joerrari.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:52 PM
sKrUb_69

ORIGINAL: George

NO!, your statement should have been; "well that sucks for all the legitimate users, NOT including myself..."

You ARE part of the reason for Gaspar's action.

WELL JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHO WAS STEALING WHAT !!!!!!! IM NEW TO TURBINES AND I SEEN THE PRICES WERE CHEAPER THEN ANY OTHER MANUFACTURES OUT THERE SO I PURCHASED ONE..... THAT DOESNT IMPLY THAT I STOLD THE DESIGN OF THE ECU OR FADEC....DOES IT? I THINK NOT.... SO IF OU ARE IMPLYING THAT I DID WHY DONT YOU DO BETTER RESEARCH ON THE SUBJECT..... THE REAL PERSON THAT SHOULD BE SCORED ON IS JET JOE... NOT HIS CUSTOMERS..... THINK ABOUT IT !!!!!!! THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT.............. HAVE A NICE DAY AND ENJOY
Old 03-09-2009, 07:42 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Chris,

You can stop yelling please.

I never said YOU 'stold' anything, re-read my post; I said YOU were part of the problem that led to Gaspar's decision and that sucks for the legitimate customers, THAT'S ALL! Facts are: You knew you were a JJ customer. You knew you weren't a Merlin, Wren, etc. customer. Beyond those I cannot say, but I imagine you knew you were getting support from a non-JJ website at minimum. Don't take offense, just own up to it regardless of what you say you knew or didn't know, those are the facts and not implications.

And as Andy Rooney has written, "I've learned.... That to ignore the facts does not change the facts."
And my favorite (stolen from Gordon Mc), "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - Aldous Huxley

Good luck with your Jet Joe.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:16 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, Chris, the operative principle behind capitalist business models is Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware). So, yes, you are responsible to do your own research and become knowledgeable on the "stuff" you buy.

And please stop yelling.......

Old 03-09-2009, 01:34 PM
mikehannah

Hi
Bottom line is that these turbines take alot of money to develop and the people who develop them want to get their money back and make a profit to stay in business and keep food on the table..
If company A then steals company B's design thereby not having to invest in the R & D and able to undercut company B then Company B gets understandably mad about it.
In this case Company A not only stole the design they made a pretty bad job of copying it and rapidly washed their hands of it advising their customers to seek help from Company B to fix their mess.

So why are Jet Joe owners suprised when Company B, in this case Gasper gets annoyed as he isnt making money to keep HIS business going but JJ owners are coming to him for help, deflecting him from helping his real customers.

I am sorry for all the Jet Joe owners who are caught in the middle if all this and it can understand the desire to go for the apparent cheaper option as it took me sometime to get the money together for my first turbnine but I have learned one thing in modelling and it equally applies to turbine ownership and life in general. You get for what you pay for. Hence I buy Wren and only Wren.

Mike
Old 03-09-2009, 01:56 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

The use of CAPS does seem to anoy................... Never understood that myself. Cant hear caps and it doesnt hurt ones ears. You can see it better though !
Old 03-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

The use of CAPS does seem to anoy................... Never understood that myself. Cant hear caps and it doesnt hurt ones ears. You can see it better though !
I disagree. A paragraph in all cap's is much harder to read. In most cases I simply give up rather than read an all-cap's post, and I know that many others do the same.

Gordon
Old 03-09-2009, 04:17 PM
josecilurzo

the JOE flies ?????? I just saw on benches!!! the ball bearings are bad, the electronic bad, well, whats good in this turbine???

jose[8D]
Old 03-09-2009, 04:19 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: josecilurzo

the JOE flies ?????? I just saw on benches!!! the ball bearings are bad, the electronic bad, well, whats good in this turbine???

jose[8D]

They make good paperweights?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.