Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Unofficial Cali Jets shots

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Unofficial Cali Jets shots

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:53 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Unofficial Cali Jets shots

I think overall, it would be cheaper than staying at the best western...especially if they don't change the price on you.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:55 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Debbie had a similar deal at Tucson in the past (she might still) and the RV company brought the rig to the field and then picked it up after you left. THIS is a sweet deal, I can assure you.

RVing is especially fun if everyone is having these big nighttime parties at the field, you don't miss anything and you can hobble back to your rig when you are "done"
Old 04-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Gordon Mc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mr_matt
Debbie had a similar deal at Tucson in the past (she might still) and the RV company brought the rig to the field and then picked it up after you left. THIS is a sweet deal, I can assure you.
That could be very handy. One major thing that put me off doing the local rental in the past, was the inability to hand the RV back on the Sunday.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: sideshow

I think overall, it would be cheaper than staying at the best western...especially if they don't change the price on you.
LOL ... you still steaming about that $10 ?

I double-checked mine after you told me about that, and my bill was actually about $2 LESS than expected based on my paperwork. Not sure how I managed that.

if you like, I can give you the $2 I gained, to help offset your painful loss.

Gordon
Old 04-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow!!! From a scotsman as well [X(] Grab it with both hands and cherish it... You have obviously been out in California too long Gordon.
Thanks for the Link. I think the guys and I might be looking into Rv Rental for Cali jets 09. Going out was fun and all but I would like to have spent a night or too at the field hanging with the guys!

Old 04-08-2009, 02:07 PM
sideshow

I agree....plus there are fewer karaoke bars at the field.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Gordon Mc

That has to be the BIGGEST plus.

Since there's about 357 days to go before CA Jets 2010, that should mean Kenny has nothing to do for the next 356 days [X(][X(], so let's see if together we can come up with some kind of convenient RV rental plan for next year.

Gordon
Old 04-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: Ali
Wow!!! From a scotsman as well [X(] Grab it with both hands and cherish it... You have obviously been out in California too long Gordon.
Can't help it … the name Gordon supposedly means "Generous Hospitality", so that automatically fights against my natural Scottish tightfistedness.

Still, if the loss of a dollar here or there is the cost of being called Gordon, I'll accept that – the other names that my parents had planned for me included "Hamish", "Hector" and "Dougal", but thankfully my sister picked "Gordon" out of the hat. I'll galdly pay a fee to avoid some of those other names

Old 04-08-2009, 02:34 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OH OH,

There goes the neighborhood! Fueled by Tequila supplied by God knows who, You hooligans would probably start singing to Duky's boom box

David S
Old 04-08-2009, 02:36 PM
RonLongAZ
My Feedback: (29)

Thanks for the Link. I think the guys and I might be looking into Rv Rental for Cali jets 09. Going out was fun and all but I would like to have spent a night or too at the field hanging with the guys!

Yes that is true, there are less karaoke bars, but lets not discount that big mombo cooler!

Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72189.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1175862  
Old 04-08-2009, 02:55 PM
sideshow

Actually Ron, thats the picture I show everyone when I try to explain what goes on at an event like this....it speaks volumes!

...and that is the biggest effing cooler ever!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:56 PM
sideshow

I think it should be your new avatar now that I think of it!
Old 04-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Gordon Mc

...and that is the biggest effing cooler ever!
I think that sounds like a challenge !

Joey ... are you gonna let Ron boast about having a bigger cooler than you ? I think you need one twice the size, with the Tecate Girls serving ice cold beverages from it.

Gordon

Old 04-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

FYI, for anyone who wants an RV to stay at the field in, but prefers to be able to use their regular vehicle for driving down to the event etc - there's apparently an RV rental pickup place in Bakersfield. I looked into doing this previously, but never pulled the trigger.

http://www.cruiseamerica.com/ - select Southern CA and then Bakersfield.

Gordon
I almost did this exact thing too this year Gordon, and I wish I would have. Essentially a no cost increase (depending on where you stay) after fees, taxes and waste disposal, but even if it weren't, I'll still likely do it next year for all the above reasons. At the end of the day the convenience/fun/variety factor wins out as well.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Gordon Mc

Supposedly this place also rents out RVs, or 5th-wheel / travel trailers in Bakersfield. http://www.rosedalerv.net/

Given that we're only looking for on-site lodgings, and not looking to drive the things around, an RV may be overkill and a trailer may be cheaper.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:19 PM
sideshow

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

Joey ... are you gonna let Ron boast about having a bigger cooler than you ? I think you need one twice the size, with the Tecate Girls serving ice cold beverages from it.

Gordon

OOOOOooohhh....Douglas! I'm having a cooler built that needs its own trailer!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:32 PM
mr_matt

Skeet got one of the "on site" trailers one year at Tucson and he loved it.

As I remember, his deal MIGHT have been better dollar wise than a hotel (for 2 people), but if it was, it was pretty close. I think rental RVs usually cost much more than you would spend on a hotel. You usually have to rent them for 4 or 5 nights because of the Sunday problem that Gordon mentioned. If you could get them by the night, it might be $200 a night? I assume you would have to cut a special group deal, maybe rent 5 of them, who knows, as I said I have never seen it done except at Tucson.

IMHO, you have to camp because you want the extras it offers. It is a different experience, you don't have to pack your stuff up at night by a certain time, you can always leave your stuff out if you want, if you are like me (heaven help you) then you can get up early and watch the sunrise. You can fly foamies in the morning at at night, bring animals, etc. If it is hot out they have pretty good AC systems. But I mainly do it to bring the family.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39055.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1175905   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63846.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1175906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38037.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1175907   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gz76317.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1175908  
Old 04-08-2009, 08:43 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

[link]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KExUay52tI[/link]
ORIGINAL: arizonasun25

Yes that is true, there are less karaoke bars, but lets not discount that big mombo cooler!

Ron

And fun we did have hanging at the field!!!

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KExUay52tI[/link]
Old 04-08-2009, 09:03 PM
RonLongAZ

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

Ron

Fun we did have and thats right biotches I still got the biggest cooler Might even buy and extra just in case any of you guys get any funny ideas!

then I'm heading to Miami Biotch

Ron
Old 04-08-2009, 09:28 PM
AFTERBURNER1

Ron

Fun we did have and thats right biotches I still got the biggest cooler Might even buy and extra just in case any of you guys get any funny ideas!

then I'm heading to Miami Biotch

Ron
8 Pop up lights, 4 generators, Ron's jumbo cooler and Joey's jumbo BBQ... Those who missed the field activities truly missed out. We even had Dan Avila tippin a few....
Old 04-08-2009, 09:35 PM
mr_matt

]

8 Pop up lights, 4 generators, Ron's jumbo cooler and Joey's jumbo BBQ... Those who missed the field activities truly missed out. We even had Dan Avila tippin a few....
It was awesome, almost needed sunglasses at night. Doug, thanks again for the Celebration Ale!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:53 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

]

It was awesome, almost needed sunglasses at night. Doug, thanks again for the Celebration Ale!
No problem my friend. Anytime....
Old 04-08-2009, 10:12 PM
RonLongAZ

That is true Joe Had the MAC DADDY B.B.Q. it was quite the set up. Had a lot of fun and I am glad to know you guys. Hell with that set up we could even have a great time in should I say BAKERS FIELD????????

Ron
Old 04-08-2009, 10:45 PM
rcjets_63

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I enjoyed cooking on that monster grill and the food was great. Joe C's italian sausages, David's steaks were awesome, and there were even burgers, dogs, for the more traditional. I made the mistake of dropping a hot dog. "DAWG DOWN" was the cry from those nearby but I washed it off with some beer and we quickly got past it. The carne wars were particularly great. North Cali (Nick) versus South Cali (Dougie). The real winners were those who got to taste the fare!!!! I'm still not sure what Bob Wilcox was cooking (and am afraid to ask) but it appeared to be green, grilled, and mixed with a salad!!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:47 PM
cactusflyer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

And don't forget Dave Rigotti's big bottle of Absolut, Chianti, Sauvignon Blanc, 2 trays of boiled scrimp, cheese from the Hungarian Sausage Shop in Pearblossom and a whole boatload of wangs..........................All enjoyed in the carpeted tent provided by unclejoe......Man, that's liv'in!

How many days until Ca Jets 2010?

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.