Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 BVM Bandit cloning in Brazil >

BVM Bandit cloning in Brazil

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM Bandit cloning in Brazil

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 09:21 AM
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: BVM Bandit cloning in Brazil

If BV made a full scale F100 to compete with North Americans, that'd be wrong. And we wouldn't be having this discussion if Gugu made a 1/10 scale display (or rc) model of the Super Bandit. No direct compitition! With that being said, I built a kit car of a Lamborghini Countach, & would love to do a Cobra one day (oh well, I'm guilty[&o]) Splashing designs to sell to people who cant afford originals is extremely popular now a days.
Wrong to sell, but feels good to the poor guy who can now have it
Old 07-29-2011, 09:32 AM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

What he is doing is no different then some one copying Microsoft windows onto a bunch of disks and then making a profit on it without doing the development of the product.

No matter how you cut it he is a thief.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:44 AM
My Feedback: (34)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats just the thing, like i said before. If someone decides to make another scale aircraft like a 1/5th scale F-16. They have to make molds and lots of work to make their own kit. But thats not considered cloning. Its the same thing this guy did with his plane. If he was charging the same price BVM was for his bandit then I would say you are correct and he is in direct competition with BVM. But its not the same price and like some of you pointed out the quality of his product is product is not the same as BVM's so I dont understand why people are making an issue. Just dont buy his plane if you dont agree and dont want to. But I think badgering the guy all over the net is wrong.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL bla bla bla the wagons have circled the camp. Here come the Chineesesuss and the Brazilinusess. Get out the guns yall....

All this over a toy LOL

Yeah..I know...go ahead... I just think its all childish and as far as laws go....your dealing with a other countrys. And anything you say about copying a full scale aircraft that has a patent on it, well, this subject was covered years ago. And from time to time brought up again and again. You can not have a patent on a design that already has a patent on it no mater what size it is. Havent any of you ever read the fine print when you buy any of this stuff. If they even try to put it on it. It reads something like this. Patent number so and so, and there are usually several, have all been...and here is the trick word...APPLIED FOR....doesnt say there is a patent. Id like to see those applications if they even exist. Its a scare tactic to keep you from copying them

In the USA, sure, you can sue over any little thing. But take that abroad and you would be laughed out of court. Im sure they would entertain a big case just to collect your money but behind doors and over drinks. You would be the big joke LMAO.

That is reality. Most cant handle it. Ok you Florida guys...fire away at me again. You just keep proving my point about BV
Old 07-29-2011, 10:44 AM

Is this guy selling in the US? And what is his price in USD? I think BV is about $4500.00 for the BARF "Go Fly Price"[]. Then servos turbine & gear!!! $9000.00 for a 72" sport jet.. Then ur lucky if you get $4000 when you want to sell it.
Man I want a Bandit, & wish I knew how to clone one for myself, but I couldn't sell it as my own.
Hmmmm.. Kit car Ferrari, Replica Bandit..(same *****). I'm on the fence with this one.
It's wrong, but with that sort of pricing, I have to admit.. You leave yourself wide open to this sort of stuff.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

For those of you who think that copying these designs outright like this and reselling them is ok, I ask you all to send me a copy of your credit card to use at my will.
These airplanes are a source of income for whomever designed them. Copying them to resell is taking income away from those people.
I couldn't care less about BVM, I've owned his airplanes, and owned stuff that was better and stuff that was worse. Doesn't matter who made it, stealing the design is stealing the design. I have never downloaded music that wasn't paid for either, that is stealing. I've never made a copy of an album for a friend. There are copyrights and patents in place for a reason and intellectual property can be protected the same way.
As for warbirdguy, if you could show without doubt that your C47 design was copied, and specifically that they copied your description word for word, then it doesn't matter that it was a replica of a full scale aircraft. If you had protected the design properly, you would have an air tight case. If however you didn't protect anything (design patent) then that is your fault up front.
I hold patents on 3 guitars, strictly based on design. It was an original design and I didn't want it copied plain and simple. Yes the patent process is a long one and it's not cheap, but the designers who use those designs for a living will protect them.
In the case of some of these manufactures, they are supplying jobs in their factories as well, for every airplane copy sold, that is less wages to keep those people employed.
So yes, if you feel that these copies are ok, then you should be fine to send me a duplicate of your credit card, I'll use it to buy an original BVM product
Have you ever walked on the cracks in the pavement though cos that is very naughty
Old 07-29-2011, 12:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW!

I wish my scratch built Aviojet would get this much attention and interest?

If it did, I'd have the information I needed to progress more rapidly. Yea, months ago!

"Jetheads" I can't figure them out?
Old 07-29-2011, 01:01 PM
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe BVM has copyrights and patents on all his products.

American companies can be sued if they were to reproduce patented/copyrighted material. In theory, this also applies to international companies. But actually sueing an international company is nearly impossible unless the company being voilated is a hugh corporation. Those hugh corporations have the money and lawyers to sue the 'knock-off' company for infrigement.

China and South America often duplicate American products. It is impossible to go after a company in another country for reproducing American products, whether a patent/copyright exists on the American product or not.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:04 PM

Why was this topic brought back to life? It was started in November of 2009 and died shortly thereafter. So why bring it back to life?

RIP
Old 07-29-2011, 01:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Johnny9390

Thats just the thing, like i said before. If someone decides to make another scale aircraft like a 1/5th scale F-16. They have to make molds and lots of work to make their own kit. But thats not considered cloning. Its the same thing this guy did with his plane. If he was charging the same price BVM was for his bandit then I would say you are correct and he is in direct competition with BVM. But its not the same price and like some of you pointed out the quality of his product is product is not the same as BVM's so I dont understand why people are making an issue. Just dont buy his plane if you dont agree and dont want to. But I think badgering the guy all over the net is wrong.
It's not even close to the same thing. He took a BVM Super Bandit kit and pulled a mold off BVM original parts. He took all the machined parts, all the wood parts, and made DIRECT COPIES of them.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

Why was this topic brought back to life? It was started in November of 2009 and died shortly thereafter. So why bring it back to life?

RIP
Because the person doing the stealing decided to come here and post pics and promote his theft of a BVM product.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Banned

I thought he was just trying to sell his stuff
Old 07-29-2011, 01:49 PM

I'm not sure about buying something from South America ... I wouldn't send my money there ... Especially a few thousand dollars in the hopes I'll get a jet in a few weeks.

There's no buyer protection in South America.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Copyrights and patents mean absolutely nothing.

Just more "material" to bring to the Courtroom.

And you will loose.

In fact, that's a good way to get ripped off! Send the thing, with diagrams, to DC! That's a shocker.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:43 PM

Well, here's a few pictures of his test flight ... Cloned BVM jet vs. two trees.
Thought this might make a few people happy ...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59607.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1641710   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40320.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1641711  
Old 07-29-2011, 03:09 PM

Hi my friends,

The low pass video of my Super Bandit or "Viper". FAST FAST FAST..... is the more fast of the world!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLyK8...eature=related

Enjoy.
Gustavo Alonso
Gugumodels
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24920.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	1641717  
Old 07-29-2011, 03:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And I believe he has not got patents or intellectual copyrights on any of his products, please state facts not theories, if he has patents state the patent No if he has intellectual copyrights show us how?

Mike
Old 07-29-2011, 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

And I believe he has not got patents or intellectual copyrights on any of his products, please state facts not theories, if he has patents state the patent No if he has intellectual copyrights show us how?

Mike
And I believe you are wrong. If you have any proof, then please provide. I'm not about to do your homework.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:36 PM
My Feedback: (27)

BV does indeed have a lot of his products patented.

That is a fact.

Please read...http://www.bvmjets.com/Pages/about.htm

Beave
Old 07-29-2011, 03:40 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

The entire cloning concept is simply morally wrong, patents or not, and I'm sad for anyone that doesn't understand that without further explanation.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:48 PM

Just had to report this guy to RCU. He has this thing for sale in the classifieds as a BVM Super Bandit!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:52 PM

( The entire cloning concept is simply morally wrong, patents or not, and I'm sad for anyone that doesn't understand that without further explanation. )

It happens all the time. Just get over it. But most wont, cuase they need drama in their life

Just a bunch of roadie wannabes trying to protect Lord BV. [sm=lol.gif]

Good greif, you would think you guys were part owner of BVM Manufacturing....wait..If you bought one of his jets, you probably paid for his Mercedes LOL

gezzz give it a rest.

Seems funny we have heard from everyone but BV himself LOL so guess he doesnt think of it as a problem LMAO
Old 07-29-2011, 03:52 PM

Item Description:

I sell the jets.

The Super Bandit Kit.

This is the item description... WOW!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Brickyard

Item Description:

I sell the jets.

The Super Bandit Kit.

This is the item description... WOW!!!

Other than your suspisions and this thread, can you prove he doesnt sell them? I mean hard evidence, not just hear say?
Old 07-29-2011, 04:07 PM
My Feedback: (2)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...68197&rd=34543

Being advertised and sold as: "BVM Super Bandit Kit".

[&:]

Shaz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.