Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Roll Call For Jets Over Whidbey (JOW)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Roll Call For Jets Over Whidbey (JOW)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 07:55 PM
tankgirlfuzzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Roll Call For Jets Over Whidbey (JOW)

Hi all,

I just wanted to thank all of you whom Imet on Saturday afternoon for making a girl feel welcome at your jet event. Special thanks go to Bob and Al, and especially Dean for making my jet dreams come true on the buddy box with your Elan! Many other participants (such as Kirk) made the effort to be friendly and welcoming. It was a memorable and special day I'll never forget.

I fly smaller scale warbirds (up to 7 lbs) at Marymoor in Redmond, WA, and the banquet guest speaker (Adm. Bill Newman)is a flying friend of mine from the club, so when I made my presence known I was ushered in behind the rope and eventually offered a chance to fly. It's good to have friends in high places! Bill is a terrific person and an excellent RC flyer who also got to buddy box on the Elan. He's also extremely modest and didn't tell anyone at our club he was the guest speaker. Ionly found out from looking at this thread when Iwas researching the event beforehand!

Dean was extremely generous (and trusting!) with my flight. Aside from the takeoff and landing he let me fly the entire rest of the flight. The speed and sound are incredible, and this is one smooth and stable plane! Once I got used to the flight envelope I tried a few rolls and WOTclimbouts. Chickened out in a loop though, and pulled an ugly Immelman instead.

Here are some pics of me and Dean and the Elan:

Preflight with Dean:

Adm. Bill Newman is to the left. Dave to the right is also a Marymoor RC fellow flyer and a good friend of Bill's.

Dean takes the Elan up.

"Low" pass at show center. I was too nervous to dare go any lower!

Dean makes an expert smooth landing. You can see the Elan touching down through the orange fencing on the left. That's Bob to my right.

All smiles after an awesome first turbine flight!

Old 09-06-2010, 08:23 PM
bob1393
My Feedback: (10)

LuciAnn - it was a pleasure having you at JOW and hope you will come back next year (last weekend in Aug). The smile on your
face after your flight tells it all!!! You'll have to tell all your friends what it's like to fly turbine powered planes!

Again - thanks for coming and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Bob
Old 09-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Now that's what Jets over Whidbey is all about! Loads of fun, good people and memorable moments.

Till next year

d.w.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:29 PM
maxvertical

Thanks Al & Bob !
The Oregon bunch had a great time so we wanted to say a hearty thank you to everyone up there that makes this possible.
Not sure about Priceton yet but hope we see you all very soon.
Christopher R.