Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
ECX Amp MT ESC/Receiver Problems >

ECX Amp MT ESC/Receiver Problems

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

ECX Amp MT ESC/Receiver Problems

Old 12-26-2015, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECX Amp MT ESC/Receiver Problems

I got one of these for my son and it worked fine out of the box but then started to just lose signal. At first I thought this was a fluke but it did it two other times and then it would not bind. A friend also got one and his eventually encountered the same problem today. So we have had two now experience the same issue in two days. Has anyone else had the same problem with the combined ESC/Receiver?
Old 12-30-2015, 06:04 AM

I bought my daughter a ECX Ruckus for Christmas, biggest mistake I could have made! I never even got to test the range, with in 5 minutes of running at very low speed while showing my 5 yr old how to operate it the motor burned up. It got so hot it melted the connector wires and de soldered them from motor terminals at this point I was frustrated and ordered her a Traxxas Stampede. I took the ECX back to hobby shop and they replaced the Dynamite motor and said it was good to go, I picked it up and it didn't last 3 mins this time. The motor got really hot again and then all I had was steering control. At this point I'm very upset and so is my Daughter who has been super excited about the truck and hasn't even been able to use it so I contact Horizon Hobby via email and phone and still haven't heard back, what a joke. Next I box everything back up and make the hour drive to the hobby shop again and explain the sequence of events to them.... again, at first they told me they went above and beyond by replacing the motor the first time and I told them that is ridiculous, I bought the truck, extra batteries, upgraded charger they recommended not to mention a extra body and paint and it has never worked correctly. After arguing for a half hour and telling two other customers about my experience (and threatening to write into local papers) they gave me a store credit for the truck only, so I bought another Stampede which is hands down a better truck.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by thecrazyezel
I got one of these for my son and it worked fine out of the box but then started to just lose signal. At first I thought this was a fluke but it did it two other times and then it would not bind. A friend also got one and his eventually encountered the same problem today. So we have had two now experience the same issue in two days. Has anyone else had the same problem with the combined ESC/Receiver?
Hi,

I have similar problems with 2 cars I bought recently. When powering the car on, instead of beeping and the LED to light on, the servo moves shortly (always in the same direction), and nothing else happens. LED stays off, no beeps, nothing works. Is that the problem you had ? Did you find a solution ?
Old 01-24-2016, 06:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure my problem parallels yours CapeTruckMan, but I think my post is appropriate for the thread. I'm not quite sure what you meant about it loosing signal and not binding as I have never encountered that problem, but I have noticed some strange behavior the last few times I drove my ECX Ruckus.

I got the ECX Ruckus over Christmas break. It is my first RC. I have been mostly pleased with it, that is until it started behaving funny. I was driving it on the road and ramping the curb. But every time the motor would be under heavy load (in the grass) it would reduce power to about half. I know because once I got it back on the road it wouldn't go as fast. The battery wasn't warm (yet) and the motor had the normal amount of heat, nothing drastic. To fix the reduced power issue, I have to power off the ESC then turn it back on. After I did that, I would get 100% power back. But every time I ran it into the grass, the ECS would cut the power on me and I'd have to go through the routine of powering off and back on. I had to do this at least 8 times and I quickly got frustrated.

I'm quickly getting frustrated with the performance.

Let me know if this is normal.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:30 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ECX is a good entry-level vehicle, All manufacturers have problems. The AMP has a receiver/ESC combo so it is a bit different than the typical 1/10 scale trucks. I would suspect the controller/transmitter as I have seen a few of these fail,especially after being dropped.
Call Horizon and they will help you or take it to a lhs and ask them to try another transmitter to troubleshoot.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:07 AM

Hey stingray you are messing that truck bad by doing that!

First tall grass grass in general puts so much load and strain on everything especially the motor and then the esc

Second if you are using lipo the lvc with an overloaded motor and keep resetting by shutting off/on the esc will burn something up..had a neighbor kid do that to my sons truck and ended up trashing a battery plus esc/motor.

Weak cells even on nimh batteries will cause premature voltage cutoff

No matter how knew somebody is to this hobby I would never recommend ecx and will tell them they better read manual and if something doesn't seem right and you are doing something that the directions or Manual doesn't tell you to do then it's wrong and need to stop it.