Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Just got my GST 7.7 in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 10:53 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Just got my GST 7.7 in!

Well i'm not arguing that the GST isn;t a good truck, i absolutely love mine, but I love the LST2 also. I don;t have to replace many broken parts on mine? Like I said you can;t base the stats and capabilities off of driving your buddys truck a few times, test both trucks with the same driver, on the same terrain serveral times in every area and then after a while you'll know the capabilities of each truck truly.
This whole my friend has one, this guy I know has one crap is complete BS, everyones friends have everything so people say that crap all day long. Unless your driving both trucks all the time, then you have no idea of their capabilities, you act like the LSt2 isn't a good truck and it's fragile or something? Totally wrong! If you had a LSt2 you'd probably be saying the LSt2 is better just because you own one kind of like Miami was doing. I'm not trying to start an arguement i'm just stating the facts. I mean my buddy owns a MGT and i've driven it quite a few time, but does that mean I really know his truck and it's capabilities? No it dosen't because I really haven;t driven and tested it enough to know what it can REALLY do. See where i'm coming from?
Old 05-18-2007, 10:57 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: PetrolisTasty

Now, you say that GSt and LST2 are equal bashers but that LST2 absolutaly tramples GST in a track. Sounds biased and one sided to me.

Dude I OWN BOTH TRUCKS. How in the world can I be one sided? I never said their EQUAL bashers, go back and reread my old posts, i said a GST isn;t THAT much better of a basher, you act like the GST will take the LST2 in bashing by a landslide and it isn't true. YES the GST is a BETTER BASHER then the LST2. Never said it wasen't, so please tell me how I am one sided and biased lol I own both the F'in trucks lol
Old 05-18-2007, 11:00 PM
steven16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey its kinda off topic but i just bought the same engine that you have in you truck to put it in my mgt and was wondering if you had any trouble in break in or any wierd things happen during it and also do you know what your needles were set at when you broke it in? cuz mines actin a little spooky
Old 05-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Chronic

Jucd: Yeah. That's another advantage over the Savage X. It'll roll in a second.

A few other observations:

The GST seems to roll ALL the way back to it's wheels when it rolls, not get stuck.

It's very responsive in the air. I mean VERY. Especially to brakes.

Angry person: I know that because I've seen people run their LST2's at the track, bump a wheel the wrong way and boom.
I'm not angry. I even think it's cool to see a new owner(you) so excited over his new truck, I just think you are taking your praise a little too far at this point when you have no real experience with it.

I do have one question for you though. What was saying "Yeah. That's another advantage over the Savage X. It'll roll in a second." right after my post all about? Were we discussing the Savage, or were you trying to be funny? Just FYI... My Savage would be pooping GST for three days after that race. I could install reverse and outrun you backwards. I could cut the throttle EPA down to 60%, put the stock tires back on it, and still outrun you around a racetrack... while eating a bag of potato chips and smoking a cigarette. Don't even go there.

J/K man, calm down and have fun!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:02 PM
JUCD VPR

I didn;t have any problems during break in, everything went smoothly. What do you mean by running spooky? Set the needles back to stock settings and tune from there.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:03 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: Chronic

Jucd: Yeah. That's another advantage over the Savage X. It'll roll in a second.

A few other observations:

The GST seems to roll ALL the way back to it's wheels when it rolls, not get stuck.

It's very responsive in the air. I mean VERY. Especially to brakes.

Angry person: I know that because I've seen people run their LST2's at the track, bump a wheel the wrong way and boom.
I'm not angry. I even think it's cool to see a new owner(you) so excited over his new truck, I just think you are taking your praise a little too far at this point when you have no real experience with it.

I do have one question for you though. What was saying "Yeah. That's another advantage over the Savage X. It'll roll in a second." right after my post all about? Were we discussing the Savage, or were you trying to be funny? Just FYI... My Savage would be pooping GST for three days after that race. I could install reverse and outrun you backwards. I could cut the throttle EPA down to 60%, put the stock tires back on it, and still outrun you around a racetrack... while eating a bag of potato chips and smoking a cigarette. Don't even go there.

J/K man, calm down and have fun!
Could you drink a bottle of ice cold beer at the same time. Hmm i'm thirsty now
Old 05-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Chronic

I forgot the beer. I'd have to sneak that in a McDonalds cup, and it might be kind of tough to drive then... hmm, maybe I could do without the chips and have the beer instead. I don't know, that would be a good race.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:07 PM
steven16

i mean it keeps gaining idle speed then reving for no reason witht he radio and reciver turned off spooky
Old 05-18-2007, 11:09 PM
JUCD VPR

Umm why is the radio and reveiver off?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:11 PM
steven16

because the batterys are dead but does it matter i just wanted to hear it idle before i started the break in and it was doin that
Old 05-18-2007, 11:13 PM
PetrolisTasty

Baah humbug. O.o.

GST IS BEING LIEK SO UWBAR KEWL MANZ LOLLERPOP IT R KIL AL ELCE.

Jucd. No. I don't own an Lst2. I've got a general idea of it's capabilities, and yes. GSt wins in bashing by a landslide.

Steven. Then REPLACE THEM?

xD.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:14 PM
JUCD VPR

Well charge the batteries, turn the radio on, turn the receiver on , and THEN test it!
Check your needle and return then back to stock settings also. Tune HSN first, then LSP second. Adjust idle as necessary.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:18 PM
steven16

[&:] i will, ill try it again tommorow but if it still does it after changing the batteries and tuning then im comin back and botherin you guys again lol
Old 05-18-2007, 11:19 PM
HoldDaMayo
My Feedback: (1)

Petrolistasty, if a bunch of scientists proved without a doubt that the LST2 was better than the GST in every single category, would you still enjoy your truck? Of course,

I mean the point of chosing the trucks isn't so you can have the "best" truck... like most people will agree, aside from racing, there's not a ruler that you can measure "best truck" for the different categories...

Isn't it enough to know your truck is good at certain things rather than trying to argue that it's better than other trucks?

I mean, think about it, no matter what, you're bashing someone's baby, there are tons of guys that love their T-Maxx despite the fact that others will trash that truck all day.

My point here is you can't prove anything is better than anything else because we all use our trucks very differently, we all maintain our trucks very differently, we all have our trucks tuned differently, and we all have different driving styles...

I just hate to see good people on these boards get caught up in "mine's better than yours... etc etc etc"

Let's be honest, even professional RC magazine reviewers get it wrong when writing full write ups on the truck, yet there are people on these boards who claim because they've seen a truck or a friend let them drive theirs a few times, they are qualified to determine which is the "best truck".

Bottom line is simple, both the LST2 and GST 7.7 are nice monster trucks.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:19 PM
CrazyMento

Man, you've bashed them both. You know how much better GST is for bashing. The huge tires, great shocks, AWESOME torque, ect ect... These are all features pointing to a truck born to be busted into tiny pieces and then fixed and busted again!

Yeah. LST2 DOES dominate GST at the track, but it gets spanked at the basher's pit. I'm not saying that LST2 is absolutely horrible, I'm saying that GST is just an awesome basher.
I had been saying that for months.... Now i am gald to see someone who actually drove the truck and agree with me.

GST is a great machine... you really have to drive it to believe it
Old 05-18-2007, 11:21 PM
JUCD VPR

Baah humbug. O.o.

GST IS BEING LIEK SO UWBAR KEWL MANZ LOLLERPOP IT R KIL AL ELCE.

Jucd. No. I don't own an Lst2. I've got a general idea of it's capabilities, and yes. GSt wins in bashing by a landslide.

Steven. Then REPLACE THEM?

xD.
Oh lord, it's no use. I know your excited about your new truck and you think it's the best of the best, and your partially right it is one of the best MT's on the market today. An awesome basher and tons of power but the simple fact is it won't outbash the LST2 by a landslide, i own both and bash both so I know from first hand experience. BUT choose to believe what you want and keep living in that fantasy world of yours. Anyway have fun with the GSt it only gets better and better as the bash sessions go by, just wait till it's fully broken in and tuned, i'ts a whole new world. Have fun!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:23 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: HoldDaMayo

Petrolistasty, if a bunch of scientists proved without a doubt that the LST2 was better than the GST in every single category, would you still enjoy your truck? Of course,

I mean the point of chosing the trucks isn't so you can have the "best" truck... like most people will agree, aside from racing, there's not a ruler that you can measure "best truck" for the different categories...

Isn't it enough to know your truck is good at certain things rather than trying to argue that it's better than other trucks?

I mean, think about it, no matter what, you're bashing someone's baby, there are tons of guys that love their T-Maxx despite the fact that others will trash that truck all day.

My point here is you can't prove anything is better than anything else because we all use our trucks very differently, we all maintain our trucks very differently, we all have our trucks tuned differently, and we all have different driving styles...

I just hate to see good people on these boards get caught up in "mine's better than yours... etc etc etc"

Let's be honest, even professional RC magazine reviewers get it wrong when writing full write ups on the truck, yet there are people on these boards who claim because they've seen a truck or a friend let them drive theirs a few times, they are qualified to determine which is the "best truck".

Bottom line is simple, both the LST2 and GST 7.7 are nice monster trucks.
Well said!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:45 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

Man, you've bashed them both. You know how much better GST is for bashing. The huge tires, great shocks, AWESOME torque, ect ect... These are all features pointing to a truck born to be busted into tiny pieces and then fixed and busted again!

Yeah. LST2 DOES dominate GST at the track, but it gets spanked at the basher's pit. I'm not saying that LST2 is absolutely horrible, I'm saying that GST is just an awesome basher.
Yes your right I have bashed them both and the GSt is a better basher, but it isn't by as much of a landslide as your referring to. Yes it definately bashes harder but man the LST2 can take a beating as well! As soon as my LST2's new spur gear comes in i'll make a bash video of the LST2
On the subject of shocks ~ LSt2 has AWESOME shocks, much better then the GST shocks. I have yet to mess up the LSt2's shocks, but the GST i blew the shock caps off two the other day making my video. Not saying the GST shocks are bad at all but the LST2 shocks are definately better. In the end both trucks are freaking awesome. I think Miami is taking offence because you don't own, nor have you driven a LST2, and your making alot of aqusations (sp?) just as he dosen;t own a GST, and is doing the same. Having a friend who owns one and let you drive a truck once, can NOT tell you how the truck performs, you have to own the trucks and equally test them on the same terrain and bash them the same way to get an accurate assumption of what areas they perform better in. Thats just my .02 cents. It is pointless to argue with someone over which is better when you only know and own one of the two trucks your arguing about.

i didnt asume anything ive driven,tuned,repaired both cars......i use to help out alot at my LHS (before it closed ofcourse) and i worked on many of them and played around with many of them i didnt just drive it once........either way enjoy your truck.......im done PEACE
Old 05-19-2007, 09:35 AM
PetrolisTasty

Listen to me just this once.

I didn't say that GSt absolutely dominates LST2 in each and every way. I know trucks can be differently used, ect ect, but it is the SAME TRUCK. I'm just saying that each truck has it's strength. GST crushes LST2 at the basher's pit, LST2 races MUCH better than GST.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:15 AM
LSTVega28

Listen to me just this once.

I didn't say that GSt absolutely dominates LST2 in each and every way. I know trucks can be differently used, ect ect, but it is the SAME TRUCK. I'm just saying that each truck has it's strength. GST crushes LST2 at the basher's pit, LST2 races MUCH better than GST.
WHO CARES!!?!? Stop argueing and drive your GST! Jeeez...
Old 05-19-2007, 10:17 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What exactly is a "basher's pit"??....
Old 05-19-2007, 10:19 AM
PetrolisTasty

A basher's pit is a bashing landscape. O.o
Old 05-19-2007, 10:19 AM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

What exactly is a "basher's pit"??....
And he knows the GST does better than the LST2 in a so called "bash pit" because he owns both of them right? W/e, I dont want to argue.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:23 AM
burningpoo

my brain is starting to hurt

lets start a new battle

there only toys LoL
Old 05-19-2007, 10:24 AM
PetrolisTasty

I've read about the LST2's specifications and I've driven one quite a few times. Soon as we woke up me and my friend fired up our R/C's and had a bash-off today. Three tanks of fuel, nothing broke on GST besides a dent in the top of the body which was nothing a dent removing tool couldn't fix. My friend said he broke a shock, or popped something on one or something like that... Anyways. You could see the difference in the two trucks. There were many areas GSt would plow over that LST2 couldn't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.