RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Just got my GST 7.7 in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 11:11 PM
LSTVega28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just got my GST 7.7 in!

ORIGINAL: CrazyMento

A Intergra can have 8500 RPM and yet, its going no where near the speed / accleration of a supra with only 6500 RPM. RPM doesnt mean **** without power and vice versa. Anyways, this debut is pointless.

Like i had been saying, You have to Drive the GST to believe it, until then..lets not talk smack

Revo and LST is a better race , i agree but GST is simply more exciting and fun to bash, period. Again, horsepower / RPM has nothing to do with anything. Just becuase CEN has the biggest engine with most power so everyone flamed them. What about the .32 engines that claim 4.8 hp? Just because OS , HRP, ORion...etc has been around longer doesnt make all of their claims true.

This debut is getting old, let drop it
I never belived O.S, ot any of those brands claims to begin with...
Old 05-20-2007, 12:18 AM
Evader ---> MGT

ORIGINAL: PetrolisTasty

Yeah, but what's gonna be more powerful, a .70 (Those DO exist. O.o) that revs at 35,000 or a .28 at 53,000?

xD.
No shiz, the .70 (I know they exist) is gonna be more powerful. It doesn't have the top end to keep the truck moving faster though. Off the line, BEAST, later on, it's screwed.

And the dude after him, Integra's are not 1/10-1/8 Radio Controlled MT's, you can even compare them, so you can be quiet. Real cars have way more variables and the engines are totally different. But anyways, if the smaller integra has a turbocharger, whose gonna win? Good night.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:03 AM
CrazyMento

[/quote]

And the dude after him, Integra's are not 1/10-1/8 Radio Controlled MT's, you can even compare them, so you can be quiet. Real cars have way more variables and the engines are totally different. But anyways, if the smaller integra has a turbocharger, whose gonna win? Good night.
[/quote]

I know its not a identical comparsion but the idea is the same. And no.. a intergra with turbo and even NOS will still lose...but again, that is not a equal comparsion so no point to even go there.

The easist way to compare is to drop the Mach 427 in the GST and we will find out.. unless someone did that to test the theory... all the trash talks are pretty much pointless
Old 05-20-2007, 03:02 AM
duckedup

Yeah, but what's gonna be more powerful, a .70 (Those DO exist. O.o) that revs at 35,000 or a .28 at 53,000?

xD.
The TT .70 doesn't even come close to 35k, more like 20k tops... and, I don't even know of a motor that revs to 53k, or even close for that matter...
Old 05-20-2007, 03:04 AM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: fantomas

This is truly a SAD THREAD

I'm breaking it in as we speak. So, I did the RPM A-arm upgrade, any other stuff I should look at? I want this thing to be pure all-out bashing. Should I do something with the turnbuckle or what?
Come on peTROLL..... RPM doesnt even make parts for the GST or any other CEN models

I would also like to know where I could purchase a lexan dent puller... Was it here [link=http://www.unbelievablerc.com/]LINK[/link] ?
lmao @ the 'muffler bearings' in your link LOL
Old 05-20-2007, 04:59 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Umm i've been searching and I haven't seen any RPM A arms for the GST lol? Dropping a Mach 427 into a GST will not make it faster, sorry fellas. I'm almost inclined to do it to shut some of your mouths but I don;t want to waste my time since I already know i'm right!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:34 AM
LSTVega28

I am positive a Nova .28 is faster than the 7.7.....but id prolly keep the 7.7 in IF I ever got one for free...lol
Old 05-20-2007, 12:34 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RevoVega28

I am positive a Nova .28 is faster than the 7.7.....but id prolly keep the 7.7 in IF I ever got one for free...lol

it actually is............there is a guy on the forum that ripped is 7.7 out and installed a novarossi 528XR in his...........the nova was still more punch and had more top end............there is no engine on the market more powerfull than a 528XR
Old 05-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Chronic

The reason that the CEN MTs feel underpowered with most .28s is because they don't have as much lowend grunt as the big .46 CEN engines. The truck weighs sooooo much that it requires a healthy lowend punch just to get out of it's own way. THe Nova actually makes just as much lowend grunt as the CEN engine though, and it has a HUGE advantage in the mid-high rpm range, so yes, the truck would be faster with the Nova.

The thing is... most people find that their smaller trucks actually get SLOWER when they swap in the CEN engines. The lighter trucks don;t require as much power down low and they can take greater advantage of the better mid-high rpm curves of the smaller engines. The best way to make your LST or Savage slower is to grab one of those New Era conversion kits and swap the big lazy CEN engine into it. It will be a useless wheelie machine out of the hole, and then it will fall flat on it's face compared to similar trucks with smaller engines.

What you basically have with the CEN MTs is a truck where the only "upgrade" engines are the expensive racing mills. It doesn't matter if you can barely outrun the other RTR trucks in stock form, because they can swap in a $120 Axial .28 or Mach .28 and blow your ass out of the water, and you can't do crap about it without spending $350-$500.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:24 AM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: Chronic

The reason that the CEN MTs feel underpowered with most .28s is because they don't have as much lowend grunt as the big .46 CEN engines. The truck weighs sooooo much that it requires a healthy lowend punch just to get out of it's own way. THe Nova actually makes just as much lowend grunt as the CEN engine though, and it has a HUGE advantage in the mid-high rpm range, so yes, the truck would be faster with the Nova.

The thing is... most people find that their smaller trucks actually get SLOWER when they swap in the CEN engines. The lighter trucks don;t require as much power down low and they can take greater advantage of the better mid-high rpm curves of the smaller engines. The best way to make your LST or Savage slower is to grab one of those New Era conversion kits and swap the big lazy CEN engine into it. It will be a useless wheelie machine out of the hole, and then it will fall flat on it's face compared to similar trucks with smaller engines.

What you basically have with the CEN MTs is a truck where the only "upgrade" engines are the expensive racing mills. It doesn't matter if you can barely outrun the other RTR trucks in stock form, because they can swap in a $120 Axial .28 or Mach .28 and blow your ass out of the water, and you can't do crap about it without spending $350-$500.

Man this caught me by surpirse LOLOLOLOLOLOL thats funny ass hell!!! very good points
Old 05-21-2007, 12:30 PM
blackrain

this is true when i bought my nemesis and i use to run the stock 55 series tires it was crazy fast. Then i switched to 40 series wheels and it lost all mid and top end. the motor realy doesnt turn much rpms so you need to run really tall tires to get any real benefit from it
Old 05-21-2007, 12:34 PM
steven16

you could gear your lighter truck to use the low end power more instead of wheeling everywhere and red lining after a few feet though not argueing but thats what im doing
Old 05-22-2007, 04:01 AM
redman1z

Well I am brand spankin new in fact I don't even own a truck yet. So I am here for some advice. Having read through this thread however I have to say that I am seriously frightened that I might get BASHED ha ha ha. By the way im 36. Anyways I understand there are some variables to consider when purchasing a truck. I have narrowed my choices down to the GST or the LST2. My question is considering all aspects such as Overall performance, maintenance, parts availability etc.. which truck would you recommend.

Thanks

Oh yeah PetrolisTasty no offence but im not interested in your opinion so you need not reply....

Old 05-22-2007, 04:14 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well you can't go wrong with either truck. Both are top of the line and fun as hell to drive. I would say the LST2 is a little easier to work on,, but the GST has some beefier parts, if your looking for parts avaliability the LST2 wins hands down. Although you can get parts for the GST and even hop ups but it's mostly ordering from e-bay, local hobby shops don't really carry parts for the Cen but they may later down the road. The GST is a little bigger then the LST2 also, hope I helped. Again both trucks are seriously awesome and you'll have tons of fun with either one. Good luck
Old 05-22-2007, 12:57 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: redman1z

Well I am brand spankin new in fact I don't even own a truck yet. So I am here for some advice. Having read through this thread however I have to say that I am seriously frightened that I might get BASHED ha ha ha. By the way im 36. Anyways I understand there are some variables to consider when purchasing a truck. I have narrowed my choices down to the GST or the LST2. My question is considering all aspects such as Overall performance, maintenance, parts availability etc.. which truck would you recommend.

Thanks

Oh yeah PetrolisTasty no offence but im not interested in your opinion so you need not reply....

LST2 all the way.....i think the thread pretty much speaks for itself on why.....

PetrolisTasty i think gave up.........he hasnt responded in a good while
Old 05-24-2007, 05:50 PM
magnum57

now now boys try to get along, i'm into fg's and mcd now but when i was a nitro guy wow the genesiswas a great basher. LST2 is a great truck my budy has one and kept running while he was allways fixing something. there both fun and great nitros. you guys should try large scale boats as well lots of fun if you can find a place to rage. having alot of fun now with fg buggy. awsome tuff fun rigs.
keep it real and most of all enjoy your hobby and help the newbies