Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Bria1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Brian, that double crossover is tricky. My thing is, if my line is compromised, i need to be able to over shoot that first one, and still maintain control, and make the second jump. Which i didnt have when i bottomed out jakes truck, and yours wheelied like crazy when i punched it after NOT downsiding that first. Just my driving i guess. I'd give ya setup tips, but i seem to setup a bit different than these guys, and like it that way.
I noticed the wheelies thru there at times while I was driving too. Ya, I noticed my truck didn't like landing flat and then taking the 2nd crossover either. For me if I didn't hit it right my back wheels would clip the top of the down ramp and flip it on the lid. I need to do some more tweaking with the shocks, I think it feels a little springy. I may try the pistons with the smaller holes to give it some more pack. I currently have 80wt Losi oil in them. What did you think of the shock set up? If you have any other thoughts for changes on it, I'd be willing to try them. I know you didn't like my slow throttle servo LOL. I wanna try out the PBS set up on it to see how it does too.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:45 PM
ThermalRD

Brian, the PBS setup is nice. You'll get alot more steering with that, but it drives totally different. That truck is capable of being very fast. I know personally my driving style got along really well with that TNX. Even with your setup on it, i felt it did fine on that track. I'd have to have that truck right in front of me, to see the changes id make honestly. Which we can do at any race, or practice day. As you also mentioned, i felt it was a bit springy as well. Tires werent bad, but could be better. For that truck, i'd do an LPR tire. The low profile would give it a really nice response on that hard track. I liked driving your truck though. Just reminds me why i like to change trucks every soo often. Its just fun to have something different, and learn setup on each truck. I'll put the MGT 8.0 on the track, and see how she does. Im certain i wont be short on power. One things for sure, im gonna have a great time racing with you guys regardless of what i drive. The MT class has never been better.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Bria1

Did I miss something? Do you already have the MGT 8.0 or are you just planning on getting it?
Old 12-17-2007, 07:03 PM
ThermalRD

The 8.0? Its a done deal Brian. Its a present from the wifey for Christmas.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Bria1

Sweet. I can wait to see that thing rip around the track. I'm not sure if any of the pins for the shafts in the trans have been updated on the 8.0, but I'd recommend using [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJJ55&P=Z]these pins[/link] in place of the stock pins when you put in the FOC. The stock pins that were in the 4.6 trans broke real easy. I put the Traxxas pins in and they still look like new in there after over a year.

Oh, and if you want a sneak peak at the manual, it's now on AE's site http://aedownloads.com/downloads/man...gt8_manual.pdf
Old 12-17-2007, 07:32 PM
ThermalRD

Thanks for the tip on the pin Brian. This tranny is supposed to be nicely updated. We'll see how it holds up. I'll have to get some nice servos, and an RX in this truck before it hits the track though. Still undecided on servos. I love my JR servos, but i've been wanting to try those Futaba brushless servos. We'll see what happens when the time comes.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:52 PM
infernalstone

Almost have the front end back together. I want to find the person responsible for unleashing e-clips on the world..and kick them right square in the happy bag.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:45 PM
ThermalRD

LOL. Lovin those e-clips eh? They can be annoying. Glad you are getting the truck back together. Hope you start racing with us soon.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:21 PM
infernalstone

Well, all the little things are nothing. It's getting a new engine that's going to make the pocket book scream.

Finally went to DBs today... man that place is hard to find in the dark. :P
Old 12-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Bria1

Have you decided which engine you're going to get?
Old 12-18-2007, 06:41 AM
infernalstone

Not the foggiest idea. Whatever it is, it'll be a drop in, and likely not that OS .21 that cost a bazillion dollars.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:30 PM
ThermalRD

Not many motor options now. The RB motors are just as much as that .21 TM, and i've never seen em run good. The .18 TM is discontinued. The 3.3 is real strong though.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:21 PM
binaryterror

The drop in stuff Matt is right, you only have 2, 21TM and the 3.3 thats it.

For a small amount of work if you already have the TM header you can install an 18TZ.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:58 PM
infernalstone

I was talking with Bill up at DB and he posed a really good option. .18TZ with the TM crank and rod. Which with luck, my crank and rod are still good in my TM, if not. Still cheaper than any of the drop-ins out now.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:41 PM
ThermalRD

The TZ is a real screamer. I remember when Jake ran that motor. It really moved that truck well.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:19 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: infernalstone

I was talking with Bill up at DB and he posed a really good option. .18TZ with the TM crank and rod. Which with luck, my crank and rod are still good in my TM, if not. Still cheaper than any of the drop-ins out now.
You only need the TM crank, the rod is the same...Also the TZ and TM case are exactly the same now, long ago the TZ had more lower fins you had to grind, not anymore.

Also you don't have to buy the TZ and use the TM crank, you have another option.

If the old carb and header is good you can buy: .18TZ-TX w/ Pull start or the .18TZ-T w/o Pull Start. Install your old carb or figure out how to set up for the rotary, not that hard to do check the Traxxas forums. Then to get the clutch goodies on you will need to cut the threaded portion of the crank shorter and install the Stampede Clutch Adapter and it'll fit.

Heck even buying The 18TZ P-T with Slide carb will work with not too much work. I would buy that engine and the TM crank new. Especially since you make the engine sound very ugly inside.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:54 PM
infernalstone

Well, from what he was saying, by using the TM crank, I won't need to cut the TZ crank.

I'm not sure what's wrong with the engine. It could all be up in the piston and sleeve. Won't know until I break into it what is still salvagable. After it's been broken down and looked at by someone who knows more than me, a decision will be made. I like the TZ options. Especially the price.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Bria1

So is everyone ready for Christmas?

Oh Matt, I was reading on that MGT 8.0 tear down I linked awhile back. They said the only differences in the chassis is the 3 holes for the spur gear mount. The engine, trans, suspension, ect. is the same. So that FT chassis may work on the 8.0 without much work.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:00 PM
ThermalRD

Ya Brian, im as ready as i'll ever be. lol. Brian, that seems to be the only difference on the chassis. I managed to finally get out to DB's today, and picked up my MMGT parts. Got that truck fixed. Batman, i also picked up your tango body today.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:47 PM
ThermalRD

Ya, its officially a mad house out there. Anywhere on the road really, and any shopping facility. lol. I've been out and about pretty much all day. From my dr's appointment, to the bank, to the book store, to k-mart, to DB's, to Target, to Stingers, to Ambers hallmark, and then home.... Crazy traffic, crazy shoppers. LOL. But i did get a few things done. I did manage to sneak a pic for you guys too. My wife wont let me have it yet... Ugh... Now, this is race legal right? Because its a RTR motor? Hehehehe

So, have we taken a poll on whos going to the races this Sunday? I know Batman is NOT going. I had plans on going, but im thinking i may sit this weekend out. My wife works Sunday night, and Monday night. So i may chill at home with the wife and family, and get ready to race next weekend. I kinda wanna go anyway, but i think its gonna end up a practice anyhow.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Bria1

Cool, can't wait to see it run. Now you just need a MGT 4.6 to complete the family . I won't be there Sunday, I got a family get together over my brother's house.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:19 PM
ThermalRD

Ya Brian, who knows what i'll be buying next. I've honestly been eyeballin that jammin mini. For as much as i hate that stupid pipe hanging out the side, im really liking the size of that thing. The new RTR has full size servos too. But who knows. I cant seem to stop buying MT's. With Al racing stadium now, i will likely end up with one of those soon though. Im dying to run my MGT's though. I have spares now for my MMGT too. So i need to get that all tuned up, and get this 8.0 ready to go too.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Bria1

That mini CRT looks cool (other than the pipe hanging out like you mentioned), but other than playing around, there really isn't a class to race it in is there? The 1/10th class does look fun.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:59 PM
ThermalRD

Ya Brian, there is no class for it. And it wont likely grow to have one around here. They look like alot of fun though, especially for the track.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Bria1

Do you think it would be allowed in the current truggy class? That would be fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.